PDA

View Full Version : "Congratulations, you are post menopausal"

Gerri
05-12-2008, 06:05 PM
Finally, the words I have been waiting to hear. I found out today that I am at long last postmenopausal and will now switch from Tamoxifen to Femara. My onc laughed when she congratulated me (she knew I was waiting for this) and commented that I probably never thought I would be happy to be in menopause. The funny little things we are now grateful for...

I have been on Tamoxifen for exactly two years now and never experienced HOT flashes. I would get warm, but never over heated, so I was starting to worry that I was a poor metabolizer of Tamoxifen. I have been getting 'warm' more often so I thought maybe this was happening. My onc tested my levels at my appointment in April, but only two of the three tests said I was postmenopausal. My FSH level was still 15.3 - in the normal range. My onc spoke to the endocrinologist and she suggested I have one more test - the Anti Mullerian Hormone. The results were conclusive. So, I will pick up my new prescription and start right away.

I just hope this doesn't turn out to be "Be careful what you wish for". So far everything has been very tolerable and I would really like things to continue that way.

abitjaded
05-13-2008, 08:12 AM
Hey, the good news, your leg hair and armpit hair gets thinner too, once you are menopausal. The bad news, Astroglide is hard to get out of the sheets.

Good luck! 'Congrats'!

Holding my knot.

Carla

Sheila
05-17-2008, 05:08 AM
Gerri
Congrats on your graduation to Femara....funny the things that we get excited about with this disease!!! Here's hoping you feel even better on the Femara...