PDA

View Full Version : Lung Nodule...again

Ceesun
05-12-2008, 07:29 AM
Hi Everyone and belated Happy Mothers Day to all moms! I am so sad as the lung met is back after confirmation by the biopsy last week. Since this is the 2nd time while on herceptin alone, I have restarted xeloda and begin tykerb this week. I hope I can achieve remission again but am starting to feel lost. I know I should be grateful for the good reports. Ceesun

MJo
05-12-2008, 07:40 AM
Grateful feels better than ungrateful, but there is no rule that we have to feel grateful all the time. Chronic illness is a pain in the a--. I'm don't have chronic cancer, but I have asthma and chronic pain from arthritis. I'm not grateful for my chronic illnesses. I am grateful for my garden. God help me, I'm also grateful for the mall. I love the mall. If there is only one thing to feel grateful for, maybe you can focus on that and feel a little better. I also believe that you can be NED again. I think your treatment will knock that pesky met out.
Cure Stage IV - one met at a time!!

CindyE
05-12-2008, 07:47 AM
Ceesun,
I'll be remember you in my thoughts and prayers that the new treatment will just kick that met out. I will be focusing that God and the meds will have you back NED. Keep your head up and keep fighting. You can beat this!

Cindy

caya
05-12-2008, 08:41 AM
Ceesun,

I am praying that the pesky met is kicked to the curb with your new treatment regime.
Don't feel "lost" - your docs have started you on this new combo that will take care of it.

Keep the faith.

all the best
caya

Kim in DC
05-12-2008, 10:38 AM
Ceesun,

A single nodule can also be knocked out with radiation. Don't forget to look at that in combo with your T/X

Kim

Joan M
05-12-2008, 06:39 PM
Hi Ceesun,

Sorry to hear about your lung nodule. I can relate to how you feel. I was very disappointed that about having a lung wedge resection a year ago, another nodule has developed in the area of the surgery.

Is it possible to have the met surgically removed. Depsite the nature of metatstatic cancer, surgery is considered curative even in that setting because the nodule removed can never come back.

Also, as Kim mentioned radiation is another possibility, such as stereotatic radiotherapy, as well as radiofrequency ablation.

Tomorrow I'll be checking into both of these procedures as alternatives to more lung surgery (if you can believe that surgery is still an option!).

Since I have only one small nodule again (8 mm), I'd prefer not to do chemo if possible, so I'm checking out these other treatments.

Is the lung nodule the only met you've had?

Joan