PDA

View Full Version : Bone scan tomorrow

sally
05-11-2008, 04:14 PM
Happy Mother's Day! I had my 5th Taxotere/Herceptin. Carboplatin is out due to allergy. I have had some rib pain for a few months so I am having a bone scan tomorrow. I will have a PET after my 6th dose. Scan time can be so nerve racking sometimes. As soon as we have peace of mind about one thing there's something else to worry about. I guess it is the never ending journey we all have to go through. I hope all is well with everyone and enjoy the rest of Mother's Day. Sally

Mary Anne in TX
05-11-2008, 04:22 PM
Happy Mother's Day, Sally. And here's to a peaceful bone scan tomorrow. Best wishes, ma

goops
05-11-2008, 05:44 PM
I hope your scans come out great and set your mind at ease. You are right - scan time is nerve racking.

Chelee
05-11-2008, 07:16 PM
Hi Sally, I am 2 yrs and 4 months out and one thing I can tell you is its very common to hear from women with rib pain. I see that worry/concern almost more then anything on the boards. In fact its one of my main complaints to my onc and surgeon to this day. My onc finally said she hears this all the time and she really feels alot of times the rib pain is from having a mastectomy. I don't know if you had one...but if you did...that just might be the cause or it can be from radiation if you went through that? (All my scans have been clear after worrying about my rib pain.) So that's my wish for you. :)

I hope that might help relieve some of your worries until you get your PET/CT done. I do realize until you have the results from the scan nothing will totally put your mind at ease...I've been there and done that enough times in the last two years. But I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. I really believe things will be ok. :) Hang in there and please give us an update.

Chelee

sally
05-15-2008, 03:50 PM
Thank you ladies for your thoughts and prayers. My bone scan came back good. One more taxotere with herceptin then PET/CT time. Hopefully my "large "mass will be smashed to smithereens by then. Thanks again, Sally

hutchibk
05-15-2008, 04:41 PM
"Smashed to smithereens" - that's what I'm talking about! Congrats on the good bone scan! I'm scheduled for a pelvic MRI tomorrow... XXXcrossing my fingers...