PDA

View Full Version : Scans-mixed feelings

John21
05-01-2008, 07:43 AM
Hi gals and guys,

Kathy received her results of the 3 month scans. For the most part they were good. The CT showed no progress except a 2 mm growth on a known spot in the lung. They are not so worried as everything else was clear.

The bone scan was weird. For the first time in 5 + years, she showed improvement on most infected parts of her bones, and a little worsening in another part. The part that is causing her sciatia. She had radiation early this year. I would think that would make it light up more. Anyone had this kind of effect?

Well, thanks for all the prayers. We have been fighting this for a while, and it is wearing away at both of us. We are going in on Monday to discuss options for bone relief? Any new drugs for bone mets? Did you ever say, why did this happen to us? I haven't said it in a long time, but my gosh this is hard and difficult! Sorry for the ranting.

D.W.
05-01-2008, 08:04 AM
Please feel free to rant. This is what we are here for. I pray for relief from bone pain for Kathy.

D.W.

caya
05-01-2008, 09:55 AM
Rant and rave all you want. This disease STINKS - if it's not one thing, it's another.
I hope Kathy continues to respond to treatment.
Hoping for the cure ASAP.

all the best
caya

ElaineM
05-01-2008, 11:25 AM
Rant and Rave all you want. No problem. Everyone needs to share sometimes. We can all learn from each other's experiences and we all appreciate the support we receive here.

chrisy
05-01-2008, 12:46 PM
John,

I didn't think that was much of a rant at all. I think you should try harder and REALLY blow off some steam. You're right, fighting this disease is so draining.

I think most people pass in and out of the why-mes. I know I sure do, and I know my husband does, although for him it is still unspeakable, unthinkable. But we keep pushing through.

The only time I came out of a why-me whine smiling was a time when the "it's just not fair" version passed through my mind, closely followed by "and it's not fair that I have so much (love, wonderful people in my life, great job) either". We get the good and the bad...

Hang in there, and please feel free to rant some more, with spirit!

Love
Chris

Bill
05-01-2008, 05:53 PM
John, you rant away, brother. We all do it from time to time. I'm not a doctor, so I can't really offer any treatment advice, but was just wondering if Kathy is getting any Zometa? I don't know if it would help or mot for the bone issues. Thoughts and prayers, Bill