PDA

View Full Version : Stage IIIB, ER/PR(-) ...what are you guys doing post-treatment?

Val Pfeiffer
04-29-2008, 11:23 AM
I'd like your opinions....I have kept going with Herceptin since my main treatments ended in August 2005 (see my signature for details). I had one year of triple dose Herceptin every 3 weeks and since then have gone with Herceptin quarterly. I'm not aware of other options for post-treatment in cases like mine where the patient is hormone-receptor negative. I'm considering dropping the Herceptin, and I want to know if there are other things I should consider.

For those of you in a situation similar to mine, what are you doing for ongoing preventative treatment?

thanks!!
Val

Paty
05-01-2008, 04:49 PM
Dear Val,

I am also ER-. After finishing one year Herceptin in March, my doctors have told me there are no other treatments to follow for now, just keep constant surveillance for any mets.

Brenda_D
05-03-2008, 11:03 AM
I'm Her2 +, ER- PR-. My Onc gives 1 year of Herceptin. Nothing after that unless I have symptoms.
I have 2 treatments left.
Frankly, I'll be glad to get the port out, and forget about BC for 6 months. Then I have to get a follow up diagnostic mammo.

SherriT
05-04-2008, 11:06 PM
Val,

I also am also Her2+ and ER-/PR-. My doctor's recommendation was for one year of Herceptin (finished April 2007) and I have had no further treatment since. My doctor has also stated that there really are no further treatments and just to be vigilant in watching my body. I will be having a follow-up CT scan in a couple months, but that is just so we have a bit of a baseline image to follow should another be required down the road--and I tell him I won't be needing another down the road, lol.