PDA

View Full Version : Race for the cure

juanita
04-14-2008, 08:13 PM
I had to pick up the stuff for my team for the Race For The Cure which is Saturday here in central Indiana. While I was there Jeff Saturday of the Indianapolis Colts came in. Him and his wife are co-chairs this year. He was there to sign promotional stuff and was nice enought to sign other stuff as well. I got his autograph. He was a big guy, since he's a pro football player i guess that's a good thing, and very nice as well.

Bill
04-18-2008, 03:08 PM
That's pretty neat, Juanita. I hope you have good weather tomorrow.

juanita
04-19-2008, 07:34 PM
Had a good Race for the Cure today. Lots of laughs, lots of tears and lots of people. They had about 43,000 this year. Had so many sign up down there they ran out of shirts and gave vouchers for them to get them later when they come in. My daughter (in my avatar with me, not Dilly's mom) and I passed up the tents with the free stuff to particiapte in the Komen-IU-Clarian blood testing. It did rain some on us but then it stopped and we were just cold. hope any of the rest of you that do one have as good a time as we did today.

Bill
04-19-2008, 08:09 PM
Juanita, sounds like a good day all-around. I'm sorry you got rained on and got cold, though. Your avatar looks really good. I thought it was your sister in the picture.