PDA

View Full Version : Tykerb and nothing else!

Roz
04-13-2008, 01:10 AM
Hi, Just wanted to toss around my feelings about doing Tykerb without Xeloda. I was admitted to hospital at the beginning of February with MRSA (staph) infection kindly (?) given to me by the hospital during a routine port flush!!. I had the standard treatment for 14 days, had my port removed (and the rest of my veins trashed, but that's another story) and I was instructed to go off Xeloda immediately. As I was going on a trip to Venice and environs less than 3 weeks later, I chose not to take the Xeloda again as I didn't want to be taking a systemic chemo whilst I was travelling. However, while I was away, I thought about continung to take Tykerb alone, as I have been on Tykerb for 6 months now. I would like to continue taking it by itself so I can "save up" Xeloda as a stand alone treatment in the future. What do people think. I intend doing it anyway, as I have my onc's approval, but I am interested in other's opinions.

doh2pa
04-13-2008, 11:47 AM
Hi Roz,

I think Tykerb alone is worth a shot. As long as you are being watched carefully for progression, why not. Xeloda has a lot of side effects and it is not an endless tool box of drugs we have available to us. Good luck and let us know how it goes.