PDA

View Full Version : Mugas and /or Echos--How long after herceptin

Patb
04-07-2008, 06:18 PM
Hi all
Just wondering how long we should have tests for our heart after
we are finished with herceptin. I finished in November and I still
have one or the other every three months.
Thanks
patb

Unregistered
04-07-2008, 06:52 PM
Patb,
You beat me to it. I wanted to post on the same subject. I went in March 27 for my first muga since finishing Herceptin Dec.27. I thought it would be my last. But my onc said the norm is now to have a two year follow up after Herceptin every 6 months.

It will be interesting to see what others are following.

Good luck to you.
Donna

Mary Jo
04-07-2008, 06:55 PM
Hi,

I had a MUGA 4 months into my herceptin treatment and that was it. Then my now oncologist (my old one left to teach at MAYO and to doctor their) decided he wanted one 1 year after herceptin to see how my heart function was from the A/C and 1 year of herceptin. Thankfully, it was fine - 62.

Mary Jo

DonnaD
04-07-2008, 06:59 PM
I am so hard to retrain. I am DonnaD and obviously did not do something right, signed my name Donna, not DonnaD. I am not an unregistered guest and have been apart of the board since 2006.

Just wanted to say my first muga was 72, the second 71, the third 64. This last one done March 27 was 68. I am on the up swing.

DonnaD

Hazel Joyce
04-07-2008, 08:42 PM
My most recent MUGA was on Feb 14. I finished Herceptin on April 3. Onc says no further MUGAs are required.

harrie
04-09-2008, 12:07 AM
Good question. I am also interested in knowing the answer.

I wonder if it may depend on what the results showed as to whether or not more followups are needed.

I had one post my last herceptin and I dont think I need another one. This is a question on my list for my 6 month eval with my oncologist.

maryanne