PDA

View Full Version : Not posting much

Lolly
04-06-2008, 07:10 PM
Hi All; Just want to let you all know that I'm not posting very much lately as I go through radiation, because it's painful for me to sit at the computer for very long. Not because of the rads, but due to a back injury I suffered in January from falling ker-splat here at home and wrenching all the muscles in my upper right back. It's been really acting up due to the "pose" I have to assume on the rads table; of course it's exactly wrong for the injured muscles and is aggravating them.

Don't want anyone to worry that I'm not ok, just trying to nurse my back along until I finish radiation. Two weeks down, four to go!

<3 Lolly

Ceesun
04-06-2008, 07:24 PM
Feel better Fast, Lolly and easy does it, friend. Ceesun

Karen W
04-06-2008, 07:32 PM
I'm glad to hear you are ok, Lolly. Please take care of yourself and update us when you can.

Hugs,

Karen

Bill
04-06-2008, 09:26 PM
I've been thinking about you, Lolly. I'm sorry about you falling and hurting your back. I know you're a tough one and will get through the rads. ok. Thanks for checking in. Love ya, Bill

StephN
04-06-2008, 10:51 PM
Dear Lolly -
Sorry to hear about your back. Something in your post reminds me of the Perils of Pauline ....

Try to be more careful with yourself, OK? I should take my own advice. I put a rubber mat into the freshly scrubbed tub and the suction thingies were not stuck. I put one foot in and slipped whacking my other shin on the rim of the tub. I have a turkey egg size bump and bruise there. It looks pretty bad, but I can still walk!

Let us know when you are finished with the rads and how you are doing. My best thoughts for healing energy coming your way.

AlaskaAngel
04-06-2008, 10:51 PM
Hi Lolly,

Thanks for the update, and I hope the technicians do their best to make each of your rads appointments as BRIEF as possible. I'm sorry that things are piling up, and that you get out from under ASAP....

AlaskaAngel

harrie
04-06-2008, 11:18 PM
Lolly, will be looking forward to your return. Hope your rads tx goes quick and easy for you.
Maryanne

sarah
04-07-2008, 12:04 AM
Lolly,
Hope the radiation goes well and that your back heals soon
hugs and love
sarah

Mary Jo
04-07-2008, 04:00 AM
Thanks for updating us Lolly. I have been thinking about you. I hope your muscle issue resolves itself quickly. I'm sorry you are having to go through that too.

Love to you lolly,

Mary Jo

dhealey
04-07-2008, 04:16 AM
Lolly

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Jean
04-07-2008, 04:34 AM
Lolly,
You are missed here...sorry you had that nasty fall. I hope the rest of your trt goes easy for you. Sending you warm healing wishes.

Kindes Regards,
Jean

Sheila
04-07-2008, 04:35 AM
Lolly
Take your time to heal from the back injury and the radiation...we will be hear waiting for you when you are feeling better...you are such a pillar of our group. Hope things improve everyday for you!

IRENE FROM TAMPA
04-07-2008, 04:57 AM
Lolly - and get well rested.

You are always in my thoughts my friend.

PinkGirl
04-07-2008, 06:45 AM
Hi Lolly
Thanks for checking in with us. Sorry about your
back woes - sore backs are no fun.

I've always wondered how to spell "ker-splat". Thanks
for that info!!!

Good luck with the rads and the muscle spasms.

Joy
04-07-2008, 07:03 AM
Thanks Lolly, it is always great to know what is going on, because we are a bunch of worriers, aren't we? So sorry about your back. Nurture yourself and I hope radiation is going as well as possible and kickin' those dumb cells!

sassy
04-07-2008, 05:31 PM
Lolly,

Treat yourself well. Light massage might be in order if you can wrangle someone into doing it! Take it easy and heal. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Becky
04-07-2008, 05:50 PM
Can a chiropracter or physical therapy (stretching) session help??

Maybe something can help with that pain in the back? I am thinking about you and sending you healing wishes.

Patb
04-07-2008, 05:54 PM
Good to hear from you but sorry about your back. I hope the radiation
is soon over and your back is better.
patb

caya
04-07-2008, 09:08 PM
Lolly -

I hope you feel better soon. I agree with Becky - how about a chiro and/or a massage therapist?

Good luck with your rad tx, rest as best you can.

all the best
caya

Sherryg683
04-07-2008, 10:04 PM
I've been thinking about you. Sorry to hear you are having to go through all this again. I hope your back gets well and gives you some relief. sherryg683

Catherine
06-03-2008, 09:59 PM
Lolly, I have been wondering about you and today my husband asked about you. Sounds like you have been busy recuperating. Glad your radiation is over and your back will have a chance to repair itself. All the Best, Catherine

Believe51
06-04-2008, 05:29 AM
Thanks for checking in with us here to let us know where you are at with this journey. Been thinking about you so I was happy to see your post and very sorry to see how you are hurting. Keep up the great work getting better and remember, baby steps My Love. We will talk more when you are feeling more up to speed.>>Love you>>Believe51

sarah
06-04-2008, 06:56 AM
Sorry to hear about all of this for you. Would putting a pillow under your knees help lessen any strain to your back
hugs and love
sarah

NanaKaren
06-04-2008, 03:01 PM
Lolly,
Sorry to hear you are hurting so much. Hope each day gets better and better for you. I tried to send you a PM, just curious if you received it. Karen

Mary Anne in TX
06-04-2008, 03:17 PM
Hey Lolly! Yee, gads...I really don't like back problems!
Only had it one time for 6 weeks and couldn't believe how it's so painful and limiting.
Hope it gets better fast and you're up and going again.
ma

Patb
06-04-2008, 03:50 PM
It was good to hear from you. I hope your back is
better soon and radiation will soon be over. Take care.
patb

sally
06-04-2008, 05:09 PM
Hi Lolly, I was happy to see your post. I was just thinking of you right when I saw it. Hopefully the next 4 weeks go by quickly for you. I think of you often and always remember your words of wisdom. We are in this for the long haul. And boy is it ever. I wish you well and kick those cells' butts. Thanks for touching base. Take care. Sally

Jackie07
06-05-2008, 11:18 AM
I hope they prescribed you some muscle relaxer. I just used up the 15 pills a doctor gave me. The bottle says 'no refills'. But I am already feeling 'back to normal' - not quite, but it worked very well with Ibuprofen.

jones7676
06-05-2008, 02:22 PM
I hope you are pain free soon! It looks like a lot of people had many suggestions...hope one of them helps!

Ruth
06-05-2008, 05:17 PM
Dear Lolly,

Thank you for giving us an update and so sorry that you have this pain in your back. You are much loved here.

Hugs ~ Ruth

Donna
06-07-2008, 08:36 PM
Thanks so much for posting, I had been wondering how you were doing. Can you treat yourself to a massage for the aching muscles? If not, a chocolate martini might work!

Best to you,

Donna

Diane H
06-09-2008, 11:26 AM
Lolly, you are in my thoughts and prayers, may the next few weeks fly by for you,

Diane