PDA

View Full Version : Taxol finished last week, when will hot flashes stop?

Shadowpilot
04-03-2008, 09:45 PM
Okay, I know this has been discussed before but I seem to get lost in the search function. Please forgive me for bringing it up again.

I finished taxol a week ago. My sleep has been greatly disturbed by hot flashes. I am 42 with chemopause. The onc. gave me neurontin. I am looking for input about your experiences with hot flashes and/or neurontin. When did the hot flashes stop? What were your side affects of neurontin?

:)Sue

sassy
04-03-2008, 10:08 PM
Sue,

I have been on neurontin for about 9 months to help with hot flashes and a few other side effects. It has helped a great deal with hot flashes, keeping in mind that I am being kept in menopause with Lupron, and my body keeps fighting to come out!

The down side to neurontin is possible weight gain. More like probable weight gain for me. But it has been worth it for the benefits overall.

Sherryg683
04-03-2008, 10:13 PM
I couldn't take neurontin, it made me way too loopy. I had hot flashes for about a year after chemo, they were terrible. I'd wake up at night soaking wet, I'd have them all day...I then had about 6 months of peace where I thought it was done with. Then at about the year and half mark, I had my period again for 3 months..then it stopped and the hot flashes started again. They are not nearly as bad as before, meaning not as frequent, and I haven't been woken up at night. Maybe the neurontin will work for you. I was put on it because I had a severe case of shingles that lasted 8 months. I had to get off it after about a month because i felt totall drugged. I was so disoriented that I was really a danger even driving around..sherryg683

juanita
04-04-2008, 05:02 PM
It's been 3 years of chemopause for me and i still have hot flashes. Don't take any meds, tried the effexor but it didn't work, so I just learned ways to cool off. I'll let you know if they fianlly end.

fullofbeans
04-08-2008, 02:04 PM
my period returned 1.5 year later..one day i noticed that i stopped getting hot flushes and few months laetr got my period again

Mary Jo
04-08-2008, 04:25 PM
My hot flashes stopped maybe 2 months after chemo ended. Like the other ladies, while I was on A/C and Taxol I had HORRIBLE hot flashes. Like every 15 minutes 24 hours a day and I'm NOT kidding. When they stopped they were gone up until just recently. They are back but like Sherry, not nearly as bad. They are annoying yes, but I can live with them. No neurontin or any other drugs here.

Breezy hugs ........................ (see my fanning my arms your wayhttp://www.her2support.org/vbulletin/images/icons/icon7.gif)

Mary Jo

Unregistered
08-13-2010, 06:46 AM
I had my last taxol last thursday. I have been sick to my stomach and really tired since, Ive actually been in bed for the last 8 days. I felt fine during the 12 weeks of taxol so i really don't know whats going on. Anyone else feel terrible after they're last treatment. Also anyone know when you start feeling relatively normal after taxol? Hot flashes are killing me, nose bleeds, joint pain