PDA

View Full Version : Liver Complications

tdonnelly
03-26-2008, 08:26 AM
Hi HER2 Friends,
My recent blood test showed ALK Phosphatase at 142; Reference Range is 38-126. I have had extreme nausea since my last Herceptin and stomach is swollen. I have had 40 of 52 treatments. I put Herceptin on hold and refused Scan of Abdomen (to protect liver) No barium sulfate for me (Metal). What other test options for the liver ?

Friday 03/28/08, I have Mammogram and see Surgeon; need to have biopsy of skin rash and mole on left breast. Rash for over 4 months now. Mole is discharging yellow. We have watched left breast since 1999/2000 - Mysterious Areas, 06/2006 Quarter size boil underneath breast -green/yellow discharge, 10/2006- Cystic Status, 06/2007 multiple tumors shrinking from Taxol,A/C chemo, 2008 ongoing rash each time port is accessed. I dont use numbing spray or creme, use paper tape and non Latex gloves. Rash would clear up on its own but is growing since 03/18/2008 is red and very itchy. Benedryl creme does nothing; makes it itch more. Possible Inflamatory Breast Cancer. The left breast cancer seems resistant to Taxol, A/C and Herceptin. What is my next protocol of defense ?

How do I safely continue Herceptin even on a weekly basis and protect the liver?

Tamara
Invasive Ductal Carcinoma 10/2006
Thyroid Cancer 1992

Faith in Him
03-26-2008, 09:15 AM
I had a skin rash in January 08. It was proven to be cancer and I have been on Navelbine and Herceptin to shrink the rash down. So far, it has been effective and I am scheduled to have a mastectomy soon. My doctors called it IBC too.

I hope that yours is B9 but it is good to get checked out. I do not have any ideas about your liver. Hopefully, someone will be along to help you out.

Praying that you get good results.

Tonya

Yorkiegirl
03-26-2008, 12:10 PM
Are your other Liver numbers elevated as well (AST, ALT)? If it is just the Alk Phos, this could also have something to do with the bone, BUT to be sure you can have a GGT Test ( Blood Test)that will let you know if it has to do with Liver or Bones.
Since you don't want a Scan of the Liver, I would suggest maybe an Ultra Sound of the Abdomen or an MRI.

You wrote<<Hi HER2 Friends,
My recent blood test showed ALK Phosphatase at 142; Reference Range is 38-126. I have had extreme nausea since my last Herceptin and stomach is swollen. I have had 40 of 52 treatments. I put Herceptin on hold and refused Scan of Abdomen (to protect liver) No barium sulfate for me (Metal). What other test options for the liver ? <<

tdonnelly
03-26-2008, 03:48 PM
The AST and ALT are within normal range. The BUN is low, the Albumin is low and the A/G Ratio (?) is low. The Mono is high. My recent bone scan came back ok, only degenerative changes no lesions. I will ask surgeon about other liver function tests- GGT test. Thanks. Tamara