PDA

View Full Version : Good news from Chrisy!

Bill
03-25-2008, 06:51 PM
Hi all! I got an e-mail from Chrisy tonight and she is doing well. She wanted me to let "all of you" (said that was mid-western for y'all, but I think y'all saves more cyber-ink, but anyhow) that she misses everyone and her new treatment is working! Recent scans have shown that lesions seen on her Jan. 31 scan, now are "significantly less metabolically active, no longer seen, or less visible". Her doctor is "thrilled" at the results of her course of treatment. She does, however, have some toxicity concerns resulting from the treatment, a "grade 1" toxicity level at this point, and some of her liver functions are elevated. She is doing well, though and wanted to check in with us. She said she loves all of you and misses you and will keep in touch. I will post more detailed info. from her e-mail as soon as I can. Love, Chrisy

hutchibk
03-25-2008, 08:51 PM
HALLELUJAH!! did I spell that right?

tousled1
03-26-2008, 02:05 AM
Thanks for you update on Chrissy Bill. I've been thinking about her a lot lately. Hopefully the toxicity issues and elevated liver functions will subside. Tell her we are sending prayers her way.

Believe51
03-26-2008, 08:35 AM
This is great news and surely well-deserved for our dear Chrisy. Thanks for sharing this update as it is making me smile from the inside out for her!>>Believe51

StephN
03-26-2008, 11:26 AM
Glad you posted Bill!

Chris is actually away now to visit family, so that means she has done better after that first treatment. I think sometimes our bodies just need to get used to a new drug and then things settle down.

I can SO relate to Chris' joy knowing her tumors are shrinking or even disappearing. You just hold your breath waiting to see what the scans show. Looks like this "super Herceptin" might be the effective treatment we all hope for her.

tricia keegan
03-27-2008, 01:12 PM
Thanks for the update Bill, it's good to hear Chrissy is doing so well and hope she's back with us soon.

Joanne S
03-27-2008, 03:43 PM
Chrisy! Congrats on your improvement---http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_32_7.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk788MNUS)---keep up the good work!

You remain in my thoughts and prayers for continued improvement.

Hugs,
Jo

Lolly
03-27-2008, 07:05 PM
Thanks Bill, I was wondering where our Chris had gotten to. Must have missed a post somewhere!
Chris, congratulations on the incredible shrinking tumors! That kind of news is so inspiring :)

<3 Lolly

Bill
03-27-2008, 07:14 PM
Lolly, she just said she was going to take a break from the site and focus all of her energies on healing. No one had offended her or anything like that. Also, she is reluctant to even "lurk", lol, because she said she'd be right back into posting. She's just conserving her energies, but overall, sounds good.

sassy
03-27-2008, 07:42 PM
Thanks for sharing the good news, Bill.

Chrisy, keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

kareneg
03-27-2008, 08:08 PM
Thanks for the email update Bill, and Chrisy you are in my thoughts and prayers my friend.

Catherine
03-29-2008, 08:03 PM
So glad that Chrisy is doing well. It is no joke, thinking and typing do take some energy. Chrisy keep on storing up the energy and putting the energy towards healing. I love the sound of shrinking the bad guys.

Bill, and others, thanks for the update.

Catherine

chrisy
03-30-2008, 02:27 PM
Bill thanks so much for posting my update, but I have to correct you on one thing....

"YOU GUYS" is Midwestern for "Y'all". And of course IN Chicago, it's "youse guys"...

Bill
03-30-2008, 04:32 PM
Lol, Chrisy, I stand corrected!

Vanessa
03-30-2008, 09:23 PM
So very glad you are doing better Chrissy. Relax and have some fun!

runtolive
03-31-2008, 10:09 AM
chrissy, how was the second dose.. better than the first i hope..

i heard that the weekly trial is almost fully enrolled..

run to live..

chrisy
03-31-2008, 12:19 PM
Runtolive,

Thanks for asking.

My 2nd and 3rd treatments were much easier than the initial one.

I am pretty wiped out the evening of treatment, and with #2 I had a low grade fever and headache for a couple of days. After treatment #3 I was still wiped that evening but did not have any aches or fever at all.

Still haven't seen my liver enzymes come down significantly - they are living at between 2-3x ULN for AST, ALT and Alk Phos. At least they haven't continued to go up, but it would be nice to get back closer to normal.

Platelets crash on day 8 but still rebound the next 2 weeks, all as expected.

Seems like all the trials for this one are filling up. I'm on the 3 week trial, and was told it is almost full.

SoCalGal
04-01-2008, 08:46 PM
Hi Chris-Missed this post and missed you - too. Glad to hear you are doing well and thanks for your nice post to me. I love you too.
Now it's official:)
xo Flori