PDA

View Full Version : ark?

juanita
03-19-2008, 02:37 PM
Anyone know how to build an ark? If this rain keeps up here in Indiana we are going to need one. Don't know about saving all of the animals though. I'm not much on animals unless their LITTLE dogs or declawed cats.

Bill
03-19-2008, 06:07 PM
Hey Bonita, I read in a book once about a guy that built one, name started with an "N", I think, Norm, no that's not it, Noel, no that's not it either. Anyhow, I'll try to find the book and the guys name. I think it gave measurements and details and everything.

StephN
03-20-2008, 12:22 PM
... nor any drop to drink."

After the deluge reported on the news of up to and OVER one foot of rain in 36 hours, I don't think an ark is going to be big enough to hold everyone in the flooded zones!

Juanita - hope you are still dry enough to get around. I saw where some 200 miles in Missouri are completely under water. People are stranded everywhere, let alone their animals.

Looks like the midwest got a hurricane, but minus the winds! Makes our gully washer of last evening seem more like a light sprinkle!

Sheila
03-20-2008, 02:25 PM
Oh Juanita, you may need a sled, they are predicting up to a foot of snow here tonight and tomorrow! Spring in the midwest, you have to love it.!

juanita
03-20-2008, 05:51 PM
I'm able to get around here though there are roads closed around here. My brothers and sister live in southern Indiana and they are having to drive miles out of the way just to go to work. They predicting more rain over the weekend and next week, plus the farm forecast for April and May said WET. But to me it's a whole lot better than snow!

Marlys
04-01-2008, 08:25 AM
Genesis 6:14-16.
Make thee an ark of gopher wood; rooms shalt thou make in the ark, and shalt pitch it within and without with pitch.
This is how you shall make it: the length of the ark three hundred cubits, its breadth fifty cubits, and its height thirty cubits
A window shalt thou make to the ark, and in a cubit shalt thou finish it above; and the door of the ark shalt thou set in the side thereof; with lower, second, and third stories shalt thou make it.

Now it up to you to find gopher wood and learn what a cubit is!!
Love & hugs,
Marlys

juanita
04-01-2008, 11:20 AM
When I used to teach Sunday school we looked that up, but can't remember exactly what a cubit was now. If I remember right (chemobrain working here) the ark was about the size of a football field. We did a small line graph comparing the ark and the titanic and the ark was very tiny compared to the titanic. And the ark was the ship with all of the animals on it. Too bad they didn't build the titanic the same way.