PDA

View Full Version : lost a sister

sassy
03-17-2008, 07:42 PM
My Step-Sister passed away this morning from Ovarian Cancer. It is a sad story of a young lady who at 35 got mixed up in drugs and could never get straightened out despite years of rehab, thousands of dollars and a multitude of prayers. She was dx with Ovarian about a year after my breast cancer dx. Surgery, chemo and radiation, but she was stage III at dx. Even Cancer didn't end her drug use.

She was a very sweet girl, and it is a shame that she wasted her life on drugs.

Please pray for my step-mother. She lost her only daughter today, and her mother, who is 98, is not long for this world.

Patty F
03-17-2008, 07:53 PM
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Your family is in my prayers.

Bill
03-17-2008, 08:06 PM
Oh, Sassy, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Drug addiction is a horrible thing. Please know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. If there's anything I can do to help, please let me know. Bill

Paty
03-17-2008, 08:17 PM
Dear Sassy,

I pray for you and your family. I can't imagine how this illness can take the lives of so young people. My mother, my aunt and one of my best friends in Canada have passed away due to ovarian cancer, I know how tremendously this can be. I am so sorry and hope that you all soon recover from this hard pain.

Jean
03-17-2008, 08:29 PM
Sassy,
I am deeply sorry for your sad news. Keeping you and your family
in my prayers.

Kind Regards,
jean

Karen W
03-17-2008, 08:49 PM
Sassy,

I am very sorry to hear your sad news.

Hugs,
Karen

schoolteacher
03-18-2008, 04:47 AM
Sassy,

I am so sorry for you and your family.

Amelia

goops
03-18-2008, 04:57 AM
I am sorry for your sad news - I will remember your family in my prayers.

WomanofSteel
03-18-2008, 06:38 AM
Please accept my condolences and prayers. So very sorry for your loss.

Mary Anne in TX
03-18-2008, 07:01 AM
Oh, Sassy, what a sad thing. Drugs and cancer take far too many precious ones from us each year. Both seem to be out of control in our world. My heart goes out to you and all the family. May God give us a way to defeat both these horrors! Much love, ma

Mary Jo
03-18-2008, 08:27 AM
Dear Sassy,

I'm so sorry for your loss Sassy and asking God to comfort you with His peace.

Love and a hug,

Mary Jo

Faith in Him
03-18-2008, 08:42 AM
Sassy,

I'm sorry your family has suffered this loss. Sending prayers of comfort and peace to you this morning.

Hugs,
Tonya

Jackie07
03-18-2008, 11:18 AM
We'll be praying for your stepmother and your family. It is very, very hard to turn around young women (or young men) who are into drugs. One of my husband's nieces is like that. And all we can do is to pray.

Believe51
03-18-2008, 12:27 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. Please accept my sincere condolences Sassy, I shall keep them in our prayers alongside yours! May your entire family find peace through this tough time.>>Believe51

Sheila
03-20-2008, 02:16 PM
Sassy
So sorry to hear of the loss of your step sister, even in her struggles, I am sure she was always close to your heart.....may she finally be at peace and have no more struggles. You are both in my prayers.

tousled1
03-20-2008, 03:19 PM
Sassy,

Please accept my deepest sympathy on the loss of your step sister. It is never easy losing a loved one no matter what the circumstances. Know that at least now she is at peace. I will keep you and your step mother in my prayers.