PDA

View Full Version : It does apply to bc because it is ....

Jean
03-14-2008, 10:45 AM
about healthy eating....anyway, here is a great easy veggie salad.

<TABLE class=txtHomeMainCopy><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD><TABLE><COLGROUP><COL align=justify><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD>Broccoli Salad With Avocado

</TD></TR><TR><TD>It is important not to over cook the Broccoli, just gently steam and keep it firm.</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD>Ingredients</TD></TR><TR><TD>1 pound broccoli
1 ripe avocado
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tablespoon grainy prepared mustard

</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD>Instructions</TD></TR><TR><TD>

Trim and wash the broccoli and cut it into bite-sized pieces. Steam or boil the broccoli in a large pot until it is just crunchy-tender and bright green, then drain it well, and cool.
Peel and pit the avocado, then cut it into small cubes. Fold the avocado into the broccoli.
Whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, and mustard together in a small bowl, until well mixed.
Toss the broccoli and avocado with the dressingJean

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD vAlign=top><TABLE width=200><TBODY><TR><TD width=200 bgColor=#e6ebe1>

</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Bill
03-14-2008, 04:19 PM
Oh Boy, Jean, that sounds good! I love all of those things. I've been craving avocado lately, too.

Jean
03-16-2008, 11:35 AM
Bill,
What a great photo!

Hugs,
Jean

Bill
03-16-2008, 03:42 PM
Thanks, Jean, we had a great day, like they all were.

hutchibk
03-16-2008, 10:21 PM
YUMmmmie! Thanks Jean!

Believe51
03-17-2008, 04:00 PM
All my favorite things too. Not to mention another chance to see another special Nikki picture>>Believe51