PDA

View Full Version : Mind wandering and now has a question....

Mary Jo
03-12-2008, 06:00 AM
Hello everyone,

I had an abdominal angio CT done on Monday. It was ordered from my plastic surgeon to look at blood vessels and main artery in abdomen as this area will be transferred and attached to chest to make my 2 new breasts. (DIEP Reconstruction) Anyway, this CT uses a different dye to outline the bloodvessels but this morning it got me wondering if "anything else" was going on in there would that be seen as well - like when you have a regular CT scan with contrast dye. Although I know they use a special dye to outline bloodvessels and arteries I can't imagine that other things aren't seen in their.

Forever on the brain - and you all know what I mean.....................I sure don't want them "finding" anything else in there http://www.her2support.org/vbulletin/images/icons/icon7.gif

Thanks for your help those of you who know the answer to my question.

Love & blessings,

Mary Jo

Jean
03-12-2008, 12:22 PM
The Angiography you had is aimed at examing the blood vessels.
This does show your dr. a veiw to see if the blood flow in a particular area is blocked or slowed by a tumor and also shows any abnormal blood vessels. Mary Jo while this test is aimed at obtaining detailed images of your blood vessels I would think if something was cooking in there,
the dr. would get a view.

Be assured before your surgery he will do blood tests and maybe you might want to consider the Her2 Serum blood test to ease your mind.
Even though there has been some discussion of Serum test to only be used for
those who have spread of disease, that is not so...I had met the dr.
who invented the Her2 blood test while in SA and he was very encouraging about having the test for early stagers.

Just another thought. Try to relax I am certain you will hear all good
results from your recent test....go out shopping and buy something new
for your new figure....

All good wishes and blessings.
Jean

Mary Jo
03-12-2008, 02:00 PM
Hi Jean,
Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. I also assumed that if "something was cooking in there" they would see but wanted to know for sure.

I'm really not "freakin' out" over it but you know, whenever any kind of a "look inside" is done there is always the wonder of what might be going on.

Again, thanks for being you and for bringing knowledge to us.

You're the best.....

Mary Jo