PDA

View Full Version : Duga35, How About An Update On YOU??

Believe51
03-11-2008, 01:06 PM
I read your signature in another post and I seen the words chemo. What have I missed about you lately?? Please update us when you have a moment Doug, Ed has been asking about your progress, and I dunno nothin....LOL>>Believe51

Jean
03-13-2008, 07:42 AM
Duga, gave an update on another thread....in the new section,
under Lollypop's thread..Stage 1 anyone like me?

Jean

Believe51
03-17-2008, 12:07 PM
Thanks Jean, it was comforting to read that Doug does not have MS. Said a special prayer for you both just now>>Believe51

duga35
03-19-2008, 08:37 AM
Sorry that I missed this post. I just saw it today.

Since my Oncotype score came back very high, my doctor and I decided that the chemo was the best route to cut my chances of the bc coming back.

I had my first treatment of TCH on Friday, and I have to admit that I have never felt so sick. I had many people tell me that this one had no side effects, that one got a bit sick, this one was fine. Am I the only strange case that couldn't get out of bed for 3 days? I went Monday morning for the Neulasta(sp?) injection, and the nurse couldn't believe that I was trying to work.
Even my boss tried to tell me that his sister in law had bc with chemo treatment and she didn't miss one day of work. He said she was a bit tired, and got sick once in awhile, but would just up chuck and go back to work.

I haven't taken a vacation in 18 years so that should show you that I'm not one to take off when I have the sniffles, but this.........this has really knocked me down.:(

Believe51
03-19-2008, 09:48 AM
Hey pal, thanks for the update because now I can get Ed off my back..LOL! I am so sorry to hear that you had a rough time with things. You need to get something for nausea since you should not be that sick. Once that nausea sets in, especially with vomiting it is hard to get back up to par and easy to get dehydrated. Ed uses a few things for nausea and so far has never vomited. Three magic pills (Emend) help during chemo....one an hour before chemo and then one each day after. He also has Compazine and Reglan for breakthrough nausea, for him these work the best.

Talk to the doctor about premeds before the chemo starts each cycle. Meds for nausea are to start BEFORE the chemo.

As for your boss goes, he is trying to help by giving you examples of what he has seen concerning treatment. Everyone is different while in treatment and some people can work. You appear to push yourself through life and maybe while in treatment you can go easy with yourself. Hopefully that first treatment complication was because it was a loading dose of chemo drugs. Talk to doctor about premeds, let him give you everything you can get!!

And drink, drink, drink!! And Doug, I am so thankful you do not have MS, my heart is smiling right now. I am radiating sunshine right now even though it is pouring here!! Lots of Love>>Believe51