PDA

View Full Version : ~A New England Get Together~Let's Do It!!

Believe51
03-11-2008, 12:13 PM
Hello friends. Wanted to try to start getting thoughts together so some of us can meet this spring or summer. I would love to see as many of us meet as possible. I will try to organize this to suit as many schedules as I can. If lodging is an issue with someone who may not come from the immediate area I can offer my bed to them. Even if you do come from the area I am willing to offer a happy place to bed down.

I am not sure when the second spa trip is planned or even still on, so this will be one thing that we may have to work around for me. If it is still on I know I will have to go, I am waiting with utmost anticipation and really hope that a spa trip is in my future.

I do know that Kareng and Mighty Oak are working out issues and concentrating on heading towards NED. If we could accommodate Karen and maybe head towards her way I am confident that if feeling better she will be handing out hugs to us all.

I can promise if we chose to go to....let's say: 'The Cheesecake Factory' (Sheila..LOL) that I WILL BE GORGING MYSELF ON 'CHEESECAKE'.

Let's see what we can come up with My Warriors. Please post if you are interested in organizing this with me. Even if we get together to just enjoy the air and unique conversation I want you all to know I am yearning for this.

And if not, some of us live so close to one another that we should be able to do one on ones if need be. So here is a shout out to East Coast Family Members to make one of my dreams come true. Kareng, Hazel Joyce, BarbaraH, the other Marie in RI....oh I could keep going on and on. Comma-n and join the party. Suggestions for this adventure are appreciated also.

Sheila
03-11-2008, 01:36 PM
Marie
This is such a great idea...wished I lived closer. The Illinois group is meeting again this Sunday....this time at the ClubHouse in Oakbrook...it was a great time last time, a special bond to meet one on one. I hope you get a great response!!!!

Barbara H.
03-11-2008, 04:56 PM
I think it would be great to have a New England get together. Weekends would be best for me since I work during the week.
Thanks,
Barbara H.

Hazel Joyce
03-11-2008, 05:44 PM
Count me in, Marie! I'd enjoy a face-to-face meeting with the members of our region!

Karen W
03-11-2008, 07:32 PM
Let me know when and if I am in Boston to visit my friends, maybe I can attend, too.

Karen

atdec05
03-11-2008, 07:49 PM
I'm from the Boston area and would love to meet up with other members of the board. I'm not as active (on the board) as some of the women here, but would love to get together. I could also help coordinate.

- Anna

Believe51
03-12-2008, 02:04 PM
BUMPING THIS UP>>Believe51

atdec05
03-12-2008, 02:49 PM
Hi Believe,

Is your husband still going to Dana-Farber? That's where I went.

- Anna

Joe
03-12-2008, 03:03 PM
Depending on the amount of Maine Lobsters and Ipswitch clams available, Christine and I may be lured to visit New England.

Regards
Joe

Joan M
03-12-2008, 07:40 PM
Hi Marie, Great idea. I'm in NYC (Staten Island, actually, the "forgotten borough") and I'd love to drive up to New England for a get together. I work during the week so the weekend would be the best for me. Joan

kareneg
03-13-2008, 07:21 PM
I will be there. What a wonderful idea.

karenfritzohare
03-13-2008, 08:58 PM
I read often, but am not a big poster.
I live in Western Massachusetts and would love to try to get together. K

Becky
03-14-2008, 05:37 PM
Keep me in the loop too as my daughter lives in Providence and I live in NJ. Also, for work, I can sometimes be just about anywhere.

Carol Carlson
03-14-2008, 09:11 PM
I live in Southboriugh, Mass. which is just west of Framingham . A New England get-togther would be great. Keep mt posted.
Carol

Believe51
03-17-2008, 03:58 PM
First of all I am really excited about this get together. So far some of the major requests seem to be weekends and we must arrange it so that there will be plenty of Maine lobsters and Ipswitch clams to bribe Joe & Christine with! LOL..hehehe!

Becky, I will keep you in mind especially because our last plans to meet never materialized and with patience I knew there would be another chance to steal a hug.

Kareneg, I wish this was a secret but I still have a Christmas gift here for you and the little one. Oww, that should be written under "Most Embarrassing Moments".....(smiling)

Joan M....I am touched that you would consider coming from New York to visit with us all. That goes for Joe & Christine also, truely moving! What touches me also is our 'shy ones' that are going to try to meet with us all. This makes my heart sing My Friends.....(in my mind only 'cause really I am tone-deaf)

Most of us seem to be very close to one another so this should run very smooth. There are also others that live in the area and just may have missed the post. This will all come together nicely and will be a chance to do this again because we are so close.

And Anna, Ed still works with Dana Farber in conjunction with one of the top Oncologists in Rhode Island. He is also allowing them to study him as a Male Breast Cancer patient w/Inflammatory BC. There appears to be only one other living man with IBC and he lives in Lebanon. Hope we can someday help others with any information we can supply.

Before I go my message center is full (yes...200 messages) and I will be aiming to clean it tomorrow. Please do not PM me until then, I would hate for you to write a PM that you cannot send. Or use my Yahoo e-mail, after this post I will update my address for you. I cannot wait.

Talk soon My Loves>>Believe51

Colleen007
03-18-2008, 09:02 AM
I am also a "lurker", but would love to meet up if the timing is right (I am in Franklin, MA). With my 3 week on/1 week off treatment schedule, we do the best we can to make the most of the "off" weeks and have our calendar filled pretty far in advance. Pick the date/time/place and if my calendar is open, I would love to join all of you.

madubois63
03-19-2008, 03:55 PM
If the drive is not too bad, I'd love to try and make the get together. I'm on Long Island, but have been known to drive most anywhere for a good concert. This would great!!!

Mary Jo
03-19-2008, 05:41 PM
I'm in Wisconsin so can't come BUT would love too - so instead I will be with you in spirit. Has to be good enough for me I guess. http://www.her2support.org/vbulletin/images/icons/icon9.gif

Mary Jo

Believe51
04-14-2008, 11:50 AM
Wanted to bump this up so we can start getting things in order. Remember, Maine Lobsters and Ipswitch Clams for Joe & Christine!!

Let's get started>>Believe51

MJo
04-14-2008, 12:37 PM
I'm down here in Delaware, but I used to live in Connecticut, so I know the way to Rhode Island. Might be able to make a weekend.