PDA

View Full Version : takin a break

chrisy
03-06-2008, 06:21 PM
Hi boys and girls,

Just wanted to let you know I will be taking a little break from the board - I'm way too addicted!

I'm fine, but this new treatment really has me spinning with some of the side effects and I just need to focus on getting back in balance and imagining that Herceptin-dm1 chewing up nasty ca cells.

I figure if I trade my Her2support time for meditation and visualization, I can make yogi in about 2 weeks, melt all the cancer away, and maybe even cure this thing for us all. Flori of course is my inspiration for that...

For the record, nobody offended me, I'm not mad at anyone - I love you all and will continue to think of and pray for you daily. I might lurk a bit - somebody's got to keep an eye on Wild Bill and the Pink one - but will "try" to do it quietly!

Just wanted to let you know so nobody worries. If you need to (cause I just KNOW you can't live without me! LOL) you can email me.

Love to all

C-YA later
Chris

Bill
03-06-2008, 06:30 PM
Thanks for letting us know, sweetie, my first thought was to panic, "quick Bill, apologize, it must have been the cyber-blackmail you put on her, bring her back" We all need a break from things now and then. You'll still be in our thoughts and prayers, there's no escaping that. Love, Wild Bill

Andrea Barnett Budin
03-06-2008, 07:17 PM
Okay, Chrisy,

You're an angel for being so thoughtful, letting us know so we wouldn't worry. And we would, ya know! I can so relate to being a HER2 junkie. I vote for meditation and guided imagery over all! Your job now is to HEAL dear Sister. 24/7! I know if you put your mind to it (pun intended) -- you can create miraculous outcomes! That's what I'll be praying for for you, Chrisy. I can see you connecting w/your Spirit and finding a truly blissful, serene place to hang while your ca cells disintegrate!

Just wanted to share -- when I felt like crap (can I say that?) during tx -- I would always remind myself, JUST THINK HOW LOUSY THOSE CANCER CELLS FEEL! Gotta do what you gotta do. Just promise you'll take extra good care of yourself. Pampering is definitely allowed! And don't forget to laugh! Maybe you can just check the Most Embarrassing Moments thread each day to get you rolling. On the floor I mean... http://cdn-cf.aol.com/se/smi/2b000001e1/06

You'll always be close in thought. Sending you loving, healing energy, Sis.
Andi

PinkGirl
03-06-2008, 07:24 PM
Well, at least you are leaving at the right time.
Our last image will be of you peeing in a parking lot. :)

Hurry back Chrisy. We really can't live without
you. Thanks for the explanation - we would have
worried.

Gerri
03-06-2008, 07:25 PM
Chris,

Do what you have to to get the balance back in your life. I hope this new treatment works for you and the side effects fade with time. I will miss your humorous posts and look forward to the day you come back to us.

Take extra good care.

Love,

Gerri

P.S. I agree with Andi. Read the MEM (love that!) thread when you need a good laugh. I cracked up over your "reveal" - way too funny!

sassy
03-06-2008, 08:18 PM
Warm and healing thoughts while you are away!

harrie
03-07-2008, 12:16 AM
Take care Chris and I will be missing your great posts.

(I should prob do well to take a break also because I am also very addicted to this site. But for now I am too addicted to leave....)

hutchibk
03-07-2008, 12:43 AM
Balance, yes. I need the same. I just had to say no today to something I had been cooking up for the last few months. I have started to feel as though I have bitten off more than I can chew and my healthful life is definitely suffering!

Will see you in that transcendental place, Chrisy! and no, we can't live without you!

Joy
03-07-2008, 07:24 AM
Chrisy, so nice of you to let us know ahead of time as we are worriers! I think a break now and then is great!!! I hope you enjoy it and just don't think about cancer much at all. Think about wine and boys and the ocean and great food and puppies and all the things we are fightiing to enjoy. Love to you!

Believe51
03-07-2008, 07:51 AM
I understand the need for the hiatus you must take to get back on tract. I also thank you for letting us all know because....YES, we would have been worrying, YES, we will miss you and SURELY YES, we cannot live without you.

I too am addicted to this site but I just cannot leave because it does help me to be balanced right now. I am with Harrie saying I should probally do the same thing as you are doing, but I am waaaayy too addicted!

I wish you well with your endeavors. Hope to see you balanced and back as soon as you are able to. Melt away those nasty cells Girl and let us all watch you make history!! I love you so much>>Believe51

Chelee
03-08-2008, 12:36 AM
Chrisy, Its so considerate of you to let us know your taking a break. Because your right...we WOULD worry. Your presents would definitely be missed in no time and I'm sure there are many of us that would go into panic mode until we heard from you. Now you wouldn't want that...or would you? lol All kidding aside...the number one thing is to take care of you. I must admit I will miss you with that wonderful sense of humor you have. You make me laugh all the time.

Plus I am all for you taking a break after you mentioned that you will melt all the cancer away, and might even cure this for us. I love the sound of that...so hopefully you've already started working on that. I know you will give it your best shot. :) I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers that your new treatment kicks some cancer butt. You take good care of yourself and...that's an order!

Hugs!

Chelee

kareneg
03-08-2008, 09:52 AM
I love you my friend and get those healing thoughts working. Your always in my thoughts and prayers. See you soon .

Donna
03-08-2008, 11:40 AM
I understand you need to take a break, but I hope you understand you will be missed! Best of luck to you! I am close by, only 3 hours away I think, let me know if you need anything - love to you, Donna

IRENE FROM TAMPA
03-08-2008, 01:04 PM
but will miss your post but you take care, get plenty of rest and put all of your energy into healing my friend.

But Do let us know how your treatments are going though whenever you get scanned.

Jackie07
03-08-2008, 01:42 PM
Have fun skateboarding! :)

Lolly
03-08-2008, 02:27 PM
Well, I'll miss you, but totally understand your need for some personal time...lurk away!!!!

<3 Lolly

tricia keegan
03-08-2008, 02:50 PM
Hi Chrisy,
I can totally understand why you need a break and hope you get the chance and time to concentrate on YOU and getting rid of this cancer for good. We'll miss you so don't stay away too long!