PDA

View Full Version : Prayer Room

Bill
03-02-2008, 08:57 PM
I wanted to start a new thread similar to the prayer chains I receive in my e-mails. This room is non-denominational and open to all religions. Furthermore, if you have no religion, and would just like to come into "the room" and just think good thoughts and well wishes to someone, you are welcome. I remembered the chapel in the hospital, where Nicola and I went to pray, and while we sat in there, people came in and wrote in a notebook and whenever you went into the chapel, you looked at the notebook first, then added those people to your list of prayers. Right now, I'm picturing all of us in the room, lit candles around the room, praying in our own fashion or just sitting, thinking good thoughts for those in need. When you join the prayer room, please name the ones you are praying for, and why ( you don't have to be too specific) Short and sweet may be best.

Bill
03-02-2008, 08:59 PM
For Caryn and Eric, that they may receive comfort and hope on Tuesday

Bill
03-02-2008, 09:22 PM
For Kate, that her new treatment will take her to Ned

lilyecuadorian
03-02-2008, 09:27 PM
for me tomorrow I have a ct-scan and MRI ...(all body and brain) ...and I need a lot of prayers , count on me Caryn and Eric ...!!!

hutchibk
03-02-2008, 11:03 PM
I send prayers out into the universe for Caryn and Eric, Kate, and Lily! And for Bill to have the strength to continue forever to be a guardian angel for us here at HER2Support!

dhealey
03-03-2008, 05:13 AM
Prayers to all our her2 sisters and brothers, may God wrap his healing arms around all of us survivors, patients, caregivers and loved ones. To all God Bless!

Believe51
03-03-2008, 05:55 AM
MichelleH>>Believe51

tousled1
03-03-2008, 06:25 AM
Praying for all the wonderful women/men on this site - both the patients and caregivers. I wish I had a magic wand so that I could cast a spell on everyone that this dreadful beast would be gone from our lives. But since I can't do that, I do and will pray for each and everyone of you. Praying that treatment plans work, minimal side effects, good scan results, getting to NED, and inner strength to everyone.

Bill
03-03-2008, 09:26 PM
praying for all on this site to have a peaceful, restful sleep tonight, and may God's guidance lead you to where you need to be. Love to you all, Bill

Faith in Him
03-04-2008, 10:03 AM
May God's grace and love surround all of you today. Praying especailly for Caryn & Eric as they decide on a new treatment plan. Lily, I lift you up this morning as you wait for scan results. Kate, I pray that the new chemo stops the mets in their tracks.
Michelle H, I think of you often and pray you are doing well. Jan, I pray you are doing well, also.

God Bless,
Tonya

Bill
03-04-2008, 06:02 PM
praying for Kareneg that her new treatment on Thursday works!

lilyecuadorian
03-04-2008, 06:48 PM
Prayers for Kareneg ........she is always in my prayers always........

sassy
03-04-2008, 07:21 PM
For Kate, Karen, Havah, Shelia, Caryn and Eric, all those who seek treatment, I pray for healing. For each of us I pray daily for strength, courage, comfort and peace.

Faith in Him
03-04-2008, 08:33 PM
More prayers for Lily as she meets with her onc. tomorrow.

Bill
03-06-2008, 08:05 PM
Praying for Karen, and her successful hospital treatment, and all of you

Audrey
03-25-2008, 06:42 PM
Hey Bill, I just saw this thread (I'm always late to the party) and you mentioned sitting in the chapel at the hospital with Nikki and writing your prayer requests in the notebook up front and then adding others to your prayers...that triggered a flashback to when I used to do the same thing during my treatment at the Cleveland Clinic. I would just pour my heart out into that prayer notebook...Haven't been back to that chapel in a few years now and I'm inspired to go back and write a note of thanks, that I continue to be cancer-free and my prayers for my health, doctors, medical team, etc. have all been answered! Just want to add a prayer of gratitude for all that this cancer experience has taught me and for all the wonderful people that are now in my life as a result -- the silver lining to the awful cancer cloud.

Bill
03-25-2008, 08:05 PM
A prayer of thanks that God has blessed you and so many others. Actually, He's blessed all of us, just in different ways. (ok, Audrey, i'm whispering now, because this is the prayer room, but you've just reminded me of something else I want to do. Nikki loved Jolly Ranchers, and when she had a stay in the hospital last August, I brought in a bag of Jolly Ranchers and hung them up on her IV pole, and every time
she got up to walk around the floor, passing 4 nurses stations in he loop, we would talk to all of the nurses as we walked through, and after day 3 of this routine, one nurse said,"Oh my God, that's just a bag of Jolly Ranchers hanging up there", and instantly, everyone started talking at once, "I thought it was a bag of special meds, me too, etc." Then, we took the bag down and gave all of the nurses around the floor a handful of Jolly Ranchers. For 24 hours, the fifth floor smelled like Jolly Ranchers. I've been meaning to go back to the fifth floor and hand out more Jolly Ranchers. Thanks, Audrey!)

hutchibk
03-25-2008, 08:59 PM
Prayers for Michelle H. and her family - I know she is on such a rough road right now and I think about her alot. I hope she knows how much she is loved by all on this site.

Believe51
03-26-2008, 10:18 AM
are for us all, whether a patient, survivor, or caregiver.....I pray for us all.>>Believe51

duga35
03-26-2008, 08:09 PM
This is a great thread and a great idea, Bill.....

I have been praying each and everyday for everyone here that is afflicted by this cancer, and all of the families, and will continue to do so.

God bless each and every one of you:)

Doug

harrie
03-26-2008, 10:22 PM
My prayer goes out to MicheleH.
I pray that everyone at this site is never given more of a challenge then what their inner strength is able to support.
I pray that everyone here receives blessings and rewards for every lesson learned.
I pray that all here are able to have the peace and love that they so deserve.
I believe with all my heart that every prayer is heard and every prayer is answered.
Blessings to all.....and sweet dreams tonight....
Harriecanarie

hutchibk
03-26-2008, 10:37 PM
Thank you Harrie - that is beautiful!

Joanne S
03-27-2008, 12:32 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/982v.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk788MNUS) Great idea---Thank you Bill!
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/12/12_5_2.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk788MNUS) I lit a candle for your Angel, Nikola.

Dear Lord Hear my prayers for improvement and wellness for MicheleH, Kate, Hermiracles, Marie and Ed, Vanessa, Julerine, Kareneg and all those on this site touched by cancer and their loving families.

Very, very nice Harrie! Thank you!

May God Bless You All!

Bill
03-27-2008, 05:21 PM
Praying for peace, health, and strength for all of the warriors on this site, and their families and friends. Harriecanarie, what a beautiful prayer and wonderful words. Thank you, Doug, and thank you, Joanne for the thoughts and the candle!

Mary Jo
03-27-2008, 07:23 PM
I'm so happy I happened upon this thread...better late than never I guess.

Dear Lord......I thank you for wonderful people like Bill who brought such a wonderful thread for us all to share our innermost thoughts, in prayer, to You. No matter how individual each of us are, we are all very much the same deep down. We all long for the same things - we all want love - peace - healing.....we all have fears and we all care deeply about one another here because we all share a common bond.

I ask God to bless each of us.................strengthen those who are suffering and PLEASE give them peace, give wisdom where wisdom is needed, give caring hearts and true love to each of us as we journey along together.

Thank you Lord for giving me this group of friends....I love them all. Amen.

Joanne S
03-27-2008, 08:30 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15/15_2_115.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk788MNUS) & http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15/15_2_117.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk788MNUS)

May
+ Your health be it's best,

- Your cancer be at rest,

May
< Your troubles be less,

> Your blessings be more,

And May
Nothing but
= Happiness come through your door!

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_2_209.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk788MNUS)

Bill
04-07-2008, 07:08 PM
Praying for all of you, but especially right now for Kate. I'm praying that she regains her strength and feels all of our hugs and warm thoughts and God's Love wrapped around her.

Mary Jo
04-07-2008, 07:15 PM
I, too, want to offer prayers for our dear sister Kate. I ask God to give her strength, peace and healing. May she feel the love we all hold for her and may God send special angels to minister onto her. Also Lord, could you please give peace and rest to all who are struggling with worry and anxiety. Hold each of us close dear Lord and let Your love be felt by us all. Amen

Patty F
04-07-2008, 07:29 PM
Kate
I hope you are feeling better and able to return soon. You sure have had more than your share this year. I am praying for healing and health.

harrie
04-07-2008, 11:00 PM
You can include me for prayers for Kate. I will pray that she is given the courage, stength and peace for all that she is dealing with. I want her to know that she is not alone.
Maryanne

Leslie's sister
04-08-2008, 08:39 PM
thanks Bill. I too just stumbled across this thread. What a great idea.

Lord, thank you so very much for this awesome support group and all the great people that give their all to make this happen. I know Lord that it was You that brought me here, knowing that I needed the strength that comes from knowledge, knowledge that is so willingly and quickly shared here by all the people that truly love and encourage each other on this site.

Lord, You know ALL things; You know what each and every one of us need for comfort and strength. Lord God, I know that all things are possible with You. I just want to ask that You lift up each and every one here. Please help each and every one of us feel Your presence in our lives and feel comforted by Your presence.

There are some that are especially struggling right now. Please ease their suffering and grant them strength and peace.

And finally Lord since NOTHING is impossible for You, I pray for a cure for this nasty awful disease.

Amen

juanita
04-10-2008, 12:48 PM
My prayer for today is that everyone is safe today and tonight while the weather wrecks it's havoc across the country.

juanita
04-16-2008, 05:26 PM
I pray today for Phyllis, a friend's mom who is in the hospital with blood clots in her lungs.

Faith in Him
04-16-2008, 08:05 PM
The Lord has really put a burden on my heart for our dear Michelle H. I pray Lord that you would just touch her where she is today and that she would feel your everlasting love and comfort. I pray that her new drug combo works wonders in her body and that she is well soon. I pray that her family finds the peace that only you can bring. Lord, I am asking you to do more than they can ever imagine. We know nothing is impossible with you.

In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Mary Jo
05-27-2008, 06:13 PM
I want to thank our Lord for this wonderful group of people that make up her2 support. I feel as if I know each of you personally and love you all as sisters and brothers. I thank God He led me to this site and I pray we can all continue to encourage and love one another while on this journey called "life!"

God grant us peace as we journey and hearts not only filled with thanksgiving but hearts ready for thanks"living!"

Amen

Faith in Him
05-28-2008, 10:05 AM
Just wanted to thank all the prayer warriors on this site. Your prayers truly make a difference to all of us.

Also, I need a prayer request. My husband is going on his annual week long motorcycle trip with the guys on Friday. Please pray for their safety.

Thanks & God Bless,
Tonya

Mary Jo
05-28-2008, 10:52 AM
Hi Tonya,
I hear ya on the motorcycle trip prayers. My husband also take motorcycle trips annually. My prayer for him as I now pray for your husband and group is that God would send His angels to ride along side of them - to keep their bikes upright and for them to travel safe. In Jesus' Name I ask this. Amen.

ElaineM
05-28-2008, 11:47 AM
Hi,
I am very thankful for this site too.

Colleens_Husband
05-28-2008, 12:36 PM
A Healing Prayer

Thy name is my healing, Oh my God
and remembrance of Thee is my remedy
Thy nearness to me is my hope
and Thy love for me is my companion
Thy mercy to me is my succor
in both this world and the world to come.
thou art the all bountiful, the all knowing, the all wise.

juanita
07-25-2008, 08:18 PM
my great aunt who had a cerebral hemorage yesterday. she's not on life support at this time but they don't think that she'll stay that way for long. i think my mom said she's near 90.

Believe51
08-25-2008, 10:48 AM
I had a friend of the family call us Saturday. He has always given to others before himself and is a self employed contracter...

he asked if we had any FOOD. Oh my God, FOOD. As my heart broke I worked with my Mother to get him so sundries. I gave her the Eukanuba that my diabetic cat no longer eats. We brought food, cat supplies and the normal toilet paper etc. Dad dropped off some money for gas into our bags.

I pray for all whom are facing hard times, whether it be lack of work or losing a home to foreclosure or Mother Nature. I pray for people I love and people I never shall meet.

The world needs our prayers, we all do. We never think it will be us.....sometimes we are surprised>>Believe51

juanita
12-23-2008, 06:00 PM
a co-worker who also drives a bus for the school system fell down the steps of her bus on one of our first slick days. she has lumbar pushing on her sciatica and a couple more in her neck making her spine out of whack. tomorrow she goes to a neurologist and orthopedic dr. she's had surgery on her neck before and is really scared. not much fun right before christmas. so please keep her and her family in your prayers.

StephN
12-23-2008, 07:53 PM
Believe - you and your family are SUCH good people to help that man out.

We have a friend who is also a self-employed contractor/remodeler who did not get paid for a $65,000 job this summer. He is out all the time, materials and subcontractors he paid. He put a lien on that house, but naturally he is behind the bank.

I have been buying extra food or pet food and putting it in the donation bins in the grocery stores. Also put money in the Salvation Army kettle in front of the theater last week. I try to find some way to GIVE every day during the week before Christmas.

It is a way to act as well as pray.

ElaineM
12-24-2008, 11:49 AM
For better health for all of us in 2009, for guidance for all of us in 2009, and for our doctors in 2009.

Faith in Him
12-24-2008, 05:01 PM
Amen to your prayer, Elaine.

Believe51
12-26-2008, 10:47 AM
Saying prayers for my Mother-in-Law and her devastating arthritis. I found her making her Christmas lasagna with the pan on her breakfast nook bench because she can not straighten out enough to make it on the table like normal people. Her arthritis, which she has both types, is slowly taking her life. She had on old jeans that had holes near the knees, it was not until I seen her rubbing her legs that I realized it was from the friction! Ouch!

They do not even x-ray her anymore since her results show 'haze' and you are unable to see any bones.

Love you My Awesome Mother-in-Law and praying that you are able to walk without that deadly pain. I wish you comfort and pray that the pain can get down to a '5' or lower (she is at a constant 9!)>>Believe51

WomanofSteel
12-26-2008, 05:52 PM
Joining you all in a special prayer for those who are down on their luck this holiday season. A special prayer for your Mother-in-law Marie. God bless her!

StephN
12-31-2008, 04:46 PM
I am praying for Sheila and HerMiracles, neither of whom we have heard from lately.

For strength to carry on and keep up the good fight.

Bill
12-31-2008, 08:57 PM
Amen to all of the prayers of my sweet Sisters and Brothers. I'd like to add a special prayer for the families and friends of those we have lost over this past year, and prayers of comfort to those serving their countries overseas and their families. My friends, may God bless you and comfort you all in this upcoming year.

juanita
01-02-2009, 06:18 PM
my mom had a heart attack on new years eve and is in the hospital. she had a test today to see what was going on and her heart started beating so fast that it was just a black line on the monitor. they did get it back to normal, but they said the front half of her heart isn't working good. monday morning she goes in for another heart cath, with hopefully an angioplast and a stint put in. if the can't do the angioplast and stint her next option is a pacemaker. this isn't the first trouble for her. she had her first heart attack at age 40, about 25 years ago.

suzan w
01-02-2009, 07:33 PM
A prayer sent out in memory of my dear friend, Wendy, who died from lung cancer 12/05. Tomorrow would have been her 65th birthday

vickie h
01-07-2009, 07:35 PM
Prayers, please, for Grace, who used to post at this site over a year ago. Her husband, Miguel, was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer a couple of months ago and is very ill. He is the love of her life and She is going through so much right now and the loss will be so great. She is a fighter and has overcome her own battles with BC. I ask for all the prayers we can possibly send to her in New York. She is so special! Love, Vickie

StephN
01-13-2009, 10:26 PM
Thank you, Vickie, for letting us know that one of our sisters is under so much strain now. This is a real blow.
Grace has all my positive thoughts for strength to get through this, and for a reprieve for Miguel like Patrick Swayze got.

Also, my son-in-law could use some prayers that he won't lose his job. His company is in the midst of making a lot of changes and selling off some parts. He will know very soon if he made the cut. Thanks.

Terri B
01-14-2009, 08:15 AM
Wow, I just found this thread.

Prayers for everyone going through financial issues on top of their fights with cancer. These tough times have touched so many lives, rich and poor alike.

Myself, I'm praying the owner of my company can get a loan to sustain our company. The banks are very very tight right now, but without the loan, our company could crumble.

Believe51
01-15-2009, 09:38 AM
Right now I am praying for the two Siamese twin boys that are getting seperated today. May God give them strength to survive seperately but together. Good luck little ones.>>Believe51

sassy
01-15-2009, 07:45 PM
I am lifting Zane up in prayer for healing and restoration of mind and soul.

vickie h
02-28-2009, 08:28 PM
Please pray for Caryn (Eric's wife) and her family tonight. We need a miracle now! Love, Vickie
See message board

chrisy
03-26-2009, 09:21 AM
who has had a recurrence and is waiting to hear news on possible progression to her liver. This is one strong lady and has already fought back one recurrence. I haven't even talked to her yet...but knowing her I know she is really p'd off right now. And although she never shows it, I'm sure she must feel very scared as well.

I just hate this stupid disease.

Believe51
03-26-2009, 09:43 AM
Chrissy, can you share her name with us so I can get a direct prayer upstairs??>>Believe51

harrie
03-26-2009, 02:13 PM
I think Chrissy is talking about Caryn, Eric's wife.

chrisy
03-26-2009, 03:13 PM
her name is marlene.

caryn's already in my prayers of course!

ElaineM
03-27-2009, 11:00 AM
Please pray for all the patients who visit my doctor's chemo room in Honolulu Hawaii. Please pray for my retired dentist who I ran into in my doctor's office recently.

Believe51
03-27-2009, 11:07 AM
I am praying for all of those people who are facing natural disasters this week......we pray for the flood and blizzard victims, that they are safe and can overcome these forces.>>Believe51

Believe51
03-30-2009, 09:34 AM
I am still praying hard for my Mother-in-Law who is currently deep in a coma.

My husband who is having a reoccurence right now.

Caryn, Ceesun, and Marlene are deep in my heart and prayers. Zane and family are also there.

My best friends close family friend Doris, whom just found out she is stage IV brain/lung~Unsure of primary cancer.

My Daddy who has so many health issues for one person.

Sonny, another wonderful friends Daddy who needs very special prayers.

MaryLou, Ed's best friends wife who has stage IV lung cancer that spread to the spine. She just had a spine operation this week.

Ahhhh, just stop Marie....the list goes on and on and I do not want to forget anyone.

Can you tell that I spend much time praying and meditating??>>Love to all>>Believe51

Terri B
04-09-2009, 07:54 AM
For Marie (Believe51).. Waiting to hear from you!

Also, for my husband, Keith, who is on bedrest after a diagnosis of acute pericarditis. This has knocked my hero to his knees and it's not easy to watch :'(

I pray that he makes a full recovery. This has made him so sad.

Believe51
04-14-2009, 02:45 PM
Hello Terri, I am back in action. I was peeking on things here from my phone so I have been saying my prayers for Keith since you posted this. Sending love to you and your family.>>Marie

Terri B
04-15-2009, 02:53 PM
Thanks to all for the prayers! It doesn't take much from a group like you guys!

Keith is recovering nicely. Only some liver function issues that have the doctors scratching their heads>

Sis, Marie. So glad you're back!

ElaineM
04-15-2009, 09:54 PM
Prayers for everyone struggling today.

Terri B
06-17-2009, 01:50 PM
Prayers for my neice, Tracy, whose house just burned down today. Her 3 dogs did not make it. :'(

Tracy gave birth to a full term stillborn little girl two years ago. She is currently pregnant again with a little girl that is due October 17th.

This girl just can't get a break. Poor thing. Please pray for her and her husband. Thanks!

Bill
06-17-2009, 05:55 PM
Hi Terri! Your niece and her husband, and all of you will be in my prayers. What a horrible tragedy.

Believe51
06-17-2009, 08:58 PM
Terri, I will keep them both in my prayers that they will find their way to complete peace and become closer through this all. These are terrible circumstances; to keep picking up the pieces to so many issues, over and over. May they be strong enough to overcome so they may begin to enjoy life totally.>>Believe51

Believe51
06-23-2009, 09:33 PM
I pray for my sweet husband...may tomorrow at Dana Farber bring to you options that balance the risk X Outcome X Quality of Life. May a fine balance provide you with an equation that adds up and makes sense to capture. Here is to the continued battle to claim your life and follow your dreams! And if God has plans for my Mighty Oak may he be able to wait to take him systemically and not his brain. Please God, please not now, please not his brain.>>Believe51

Terri B
06-24-2009, 06:15 AM
I'm holding your hand, sis.

Believe51
06-24-2009, 08:49 PM
Terri, I want to thank you for holding my hand. I cannot tell you the overwhelming calm and how much we were at peace during the entire day. One of Ed's best friends drove us up because it was too foggy for him to fly us. I even wrote a poem for Ed that I will share tonight. Thank you for walking besides me today, you are always there for us. This family is just so undescribable! I am so happy we all have one another.>>Believe51

Believe51
06-30-2009, 12:02 PM
Saying special prayers that Ed's headaches are from something other than edema. He has never had any headaches through any of this.

Still praying for Caryn and her family, you are in a constant vigil here in my home.>>Believe51

sassy
07-12-2009, 08:08 AM
Our Father,

We thank you for this day and the opportunities it presents to us. Help us to see these opportunities and use them for the benefit of those in need and for your glory.

I ask today that you hold all those experiencing difficulty, loss, sadness and challenges in your loving hands. Please give to each of us compassion, strength, hope, love and understanding. Understanding not of your ways, but understanding of our place and role in the greater plan. Grant us acceptance and peace.

In thy name I pray,

Amen

Mary Jo
07-12-2009, 09:14 AM
Amen! The "big picture" is so out of our grasp but our Father knows and sees all. It will all turn out for good because He promises (Romans 8:28). Until then Lord, teach us to trust and walk the journey we travel until that great and wonderful Day when your people will gather together in Heaven where You Father, "will wipe every tear from our eye." (Rev. 17). Help us Lord....we need you. In Jesus' most Holy Name....Amen

Believe51
07-12-2009, 05:38 PM
Beautiful ladies. Thank You Both.>>Believe51

Mary Jo
07-17-2009, 03:57 PM
Praying for a dear friend whose peritoneal cancer is advancing. She now has an obstruction in her colon and will be fed by IV 12 hours a day for 1 month. They are hoping to begin chemo again on Monday but first have to see if the blockage will pass. Possibly more surgery for her.

Please pray for my friend Ruth who is struggling with so much........Thank you all and Thank you God for hearing us.

Mary Jo

Believe51
07-19-2009, 09:57 PM
Praying for Doris' family and friends. We lost her this week to lung cancer that had brain and lung involvement. Another Angel. She will be sadly missed.

Ruth shall continue to be in my prayers Mary Jo, please keep us updated.>>Believe51

StephN
07-19-2009, 11:17 PM
I have another friend from Montana who is in need of any prayers, warm thoughts for her peace and comfort. She has been brave and tried so heard to beat her breast cancer. She did visit this site and lasted a year stable on a heat shock therapy trial. She finally progressed and went to Tykerb/Zeloda, but has developed a similar problem as Joy.

She will be leaving a 13 year old daughter, and this is the hardest part.

Peace and love my friend.

Mary Jo
07-20-2009, 05:26 AM
God's Peace surround her and her family and friends.

Mary Jo
07-21-2009, 05:45 AM
Please continue to pray for Ruth........She started Carboplatin yesterday again (she's been on a couple month chemo holiday - she has peritoneal cancer) - cancer is growing and pushing on colon and she has a blockage now. She is on absolutely no solid foods - just a nutrional IV that she does at home 12 hours during the evening. That and now chemo again....Oh Lord, please help her....give her Your strength and cover her with peace. Amen

Thank you prayer warriors.....

Mary Jo

juanita
07-21-2009, 08:37 AM
a friend has been in alot of pain through her abdominal area. they've checked her heart, gall bladder and pancreas. waiting on results from pancreas. she's 68 yrs old and this is really bothering her alot. please pray they find the cause and can fix what it is.

margiermc
08-07-2009, 09:32 PM
prayer is good, i feel god gave me a healing.

margiermc
08-07-2009, 09:40 PM
I found a lump 2008, had is removed all DCIS, some months later i had back pain. They found liver mets and i had 6 rounds of chemo. Still ned, but need tumor marker, liver enzymes and scans all over again. I am on
a vaccine trial in Washington - if anyone is on this trial - I look forward to your reply. love margie

vickie h
08-09-2009, 04:59 PM
Stephanie,
Praying for your friend. I just came to this post after a long respite. I was goin g to ask for prayers for a new trial i am entering tomorrow, but decided instead to pray for all those here in need. Please let me know how your friend is doing.

ElaineM
08-09-2009, 09:32 PM
Prayers for all who need them !!!!!!! Prayers for peace on all levels. Prayers for healing. Prayers for comfort and strength. Prayers for guidance.

StephN
08-09-2009, 11:13 PM
Having my silent moment for all those who are in need of prayer.

VickieH - thanks for asking. My frind Capi passed into the arms of her loving Father on July 23. Here is a link to the obit. She was the all-American, smart woman.

http://www.goodbye2u.com/dahls2/data/Obituaries1.php?do=show&photoId=287

And here is a special prayer for you Vickie, as you try yet another drug to get those mets under control. Please post and tell us more about this trial once you have the first treatment.

freyja
08-10-2009, 06:11 PM
So sorry to hear that Stephanie. She seems like a beautiful, hard working, fun loving, tough as nails woman. My blessings to her and her loved ones, like you.

vickie h
08-11-2009, 10:11 AM
Steph,
Sending love and empathy to her family today. Far too many young people like her are leaving us far too soon. Her picture shows a brave and beautiful mother, sister and wife. She lives on in each of us.

Much Love,
Vickie

Believe51
08-14-2009, 09:56 PM
I just said a prayer for the gentleman that raids our recycling bin each Friday. I realize that even with breast cancer in our lives that things are rough even without it. Today I ate, I had a place to live, my husband is still here....all with me being without a job.

Mary Jo
08-15-2009, 05:41 AM
As I begin my day I ask God to be with all my her2 sisters and brothers. Through all we go through in this life Lord, please remind us of what is truly important.

Also, Lord, I thank you for all the wonderful people who find the positive (like Marie above) in life and find ways to serve others even through the trials they are experiencing.

Amen.........

ElaineM
08-15-2009, 04:00 PM
I thank God for my survival -----------more than 10 1/2 years so far !!

vickie h
08-17-2009, 07:54 PM
Hey Elaine, Did the rains hit you yet? thinking of you and wishing we had some of that rain out here.
Prayers for all the homeless children who will be starting school next week, living in vans, shelters and under bridges. My heart goes out to them as they struggle to get by in school, find places to study, and shelter to keep them warm. May God bless all the sweet children out there and keep them safe and loved as they face so many challenges at such a young age.

ElaineM
08-18-2009, 08:47 PM
YES !!! Prayers for the homeless children who are innocent victims of homelessness. They cannot get a good education without school supplies and a good place to do their homework. They also need stability, good healthy food and health care which some homeless folks don't have.

Bill
09-03-2009, 05:33 PM
Please add my Aunt Dorothy and our family to your prayers. She is in ICU right now dealing with issues related to her treatments for bone cancer.

ElaineM
09-03-2009, 09:27 PM
Prayers for Aunty Dorothy. I hope she feels better soon.

Believe51
09-03-2009, 11:02 PM
Aunt Dorothy will remain in my prayers, please keep us updated, Wild Bill.>>Believe52

freyja
09-04-2009, 04:59 PM
How's Margie? Any scan results? Hope you're well.

Mary Jo
09-09-2009, 04:55 PM
Please pray for my friend Ruth. She is the one I spoke of awhile back. The one with peritoneal cancer (similiar to ovarian - she even has the brca 1 gene as does her twin and her dd's) Anyway, my poor friend has stopped treatment as of yesterday. She hasn't been able to eat any food for about a month and half now. She is on a 12 hour nutritional IV at home during the evenings. She has all kinds of blockages because of the cancer and chemo just isn't doing it anymore. So yesterday she called me to tell me this was the end. Hospice was called in today. I asked if I could see her but she said "um...I'll call you." I doubt that she will. Ruth is a very private person. I was able to tell her how sorry I was and that I loved her. I will miss my friend Ruth and ask each of you to say a prayer as you read this that Ruth's passing would go quickly and peacefully. Also, that she would acknowledge her Lord and Savior and "go" to His loving Arms.

Thank you friends.

Sheila
09-11-2009, 04:49 AM
MaryJo
I will keep your friend Ruth in my prayers...I know how awful it is to see a dear friend wither away in front of you...hoping she will be at peace soon. Surrounding her with prayers and love

Mary Jo
09-16-2009, 06:52 PM
Please continue to pray for my friend Ruth. It won't be long now. She has had no nutrition in 8 days now. Just sips of water. I went to see her yesterday and we prayed together and said good bye. It was such a special time and I thank God He let that moment happen. She is very comfortable so far...thank God....so please pray that continues and her passing will come quickly and peacefully.

Love to you all and thank you for your prayers and kindness.

Mary Jo

hutchibk
09-16-2009, 08:11 PM
Praying for all of the love and comfort that only God can provide to Ruth.

whatz
09-17-2009, 06:28 AM
Lifting up thanks that we can support and lift each other in prayer.

schoolteacher
09-17-2009, 09:20 AM
Prayers for Ruth today.

Amelia

sassy
09-22-2009, 08:07 PM
Prayers for Chelee.

wnjn
11-24-2009, 05:26 PM
May god bless everyone of you on this site. Thanks to you and people on other cancer support websites that I subscribe to I am able to say what I am feeling and this helps me to cope with the loss of my wife. I pray each and everyone of you recieve a special blessing from God.

Joe N

margiermc
11-24-2009, 05:35 PM
A Great Idea - I have herceptin and doctor appt. Dec 3, I have not had pet scan since June.

In Jan, my 18 year daughter will see a surgeon, regarding her back
scoleosis, she may need surgery - 10 hr long, breaking of back bone.

My son signed with the ROTC Airforce, will be lt. in 3 yrs.

My only daughter and son, and me, I am always worried, scared.

My son had to sign a will for military - only 19.
My daughter's surgery is dangerous - only 18.
They are my only babies.
I'm NED with stage 4 bc.
how much more can one person take - I'm constantly scared and
worried - terrified for my daughter's surgery, and this does not help me with trying to be cancer free - stress does not help.

Thank you for opening up such a great chat area - I hope
we are able to keep it.

thank you, margie

dcis 8/8
liver met 11/08
10 wks, ned 1/09
vaccine 6/09-11/09

margiermc
11-24-2009, 05:44 PM
I am seeing the dr. Dec 3, getting herceptin, and maybe, need another pet scan, last one in June.

My daughter - 18, sees the back surgeon - she has scoleosis. she sees the dr. Jan 15, I am so scared for the both of us

I cry all the time, my husband says, who are we crying over now,
and I say both of us.

margie, scared in Florida

Jackie07
11-24-2009, 07:59 PM
Margiermc,

We'll be thinking of you and your family.

Sounded like you've got a lot of stress for the holiday season. I have a feeling that you have yet to get over with the trauma of your own BC treatment. "And then all these..." probably is what you are thinking.

Glad you've come to the prayer room. It tells me that you believe in the power of prayer. And definitely more prayers you will receive. I love the scripture about 'Faith, Hope, and Love' because Faith gives us the access to the supreme power, Hope gives us the confidence (for the 'unknown') and Love provides the stength we need.

You worry about your children because you love them. You worry about the future because it is not in your control - you've learned it from the shock of having breast cancer, and it's hard for you to be confident that nothing 'bad' will happen in the future.

But you've come to the prayer room. So it's all now in God's hand. And all we have to do is to go back to our childhood faith and 'let go and let God'. He is faithful. He will not give us anything that we can not handle.

I have not been 'home' to my parents for 11 years now. They are worried to death because I've had so many surgeries and treatments. They are too old to come here and I've been too sick to go there, so we talk a lot by phone. I think it is a good opportunity for you to share with your children your cancer-fighting experience. Let them know you will be standing by them as they have been standing by you.

And don't forget your hubby as he's going to be 'stressed out' as well (or more) having everyone else in the family going through major challenges.

The feeling is real. The stress is there. I 'hope' that through all our 'faith' we will all fill the holidays with as much 'love' as we can.

ElaineM
11-24-2009, 09:34 PM
Prayer really does help.

StephN
04-30-2010, 10:22 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with some of our sisters who are in tough circumstances right now.

VickieH has been on my mind, as we have not heard from Cap, and I feel they are taking the time they need to make the best of the life she has left.

StephN
08-17-2010, 12:03 PM
Thought I would bring this one up, so we can pool our thoughts and prayers for Christine and her two daughters as Joe's services proceed this evening and tomorrow morning.

I am there in southern California with you in thought and spirit. Difficult to think of much else right now.

{{{{big hugs}}}}

sassy
08-17-2010, 05:41 PM
Dear Lord, please be close to Christine, Danielle and Debra as they deal with the loss of their husband and father. Give them comfort, understanding, peace and strength as they move forward in life, never without Joe, as he remains in their hearts as well as our own.

You have received a special angel. Please grant us his continued guidance and care from heaven.