PDA

View Full Version : Uno is 'Numero Uno'

Hopeful
02-13-2008, 12:28 PM
Has anyone followed the Westminster dog show the last 2 nights? The 100th Best in Show went to a beagle dog for the first time ever. The group of dogs from which the winner was selected was one of the finest I have seen in many years of watching the show (in fact, I think the minature poodle may have gotten "robbed" of the title). It was a very exciting finish, and the entire crowd at Madison Square Garden got to their feet, clapping and cheering Uno's win. It was the most excitement I have seen there. Finally, an all - American housepet breed dog is a champion!

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5ibgIvow71lch7hSBADK_7n5U44KgD8UP7HAO0

Hopeful

Marlys
02-13-2008, 05:01 PM
What a wonderful dog!!! I have never has a beagle but I have noted that they always look like a puppy. He is beautiful and I loved watching as the crowd gave him a standing ovation!! I agree it was a fantastic class and it amazes me that a judge is able to pick the best!!
Love & hugs,
Marlys

Mary Anne in TX
02-13-2008, 06:17 PM
My first true love was my beagle named Baka! She made my life so fun! I too was cheering as Uno won! All of them could have won that huge rosette, but it was so great to see Uno take it all! Just as Uno, a regular guy, won for the 1st time in 100 years, so can we!!!!! Somehow, somewhere, they will find our cure! Love to all, ma

hutchibk
02-13-2008, 07:27 PM
UNO is so hot!! I love that dog! And he is co-owned right here in Austin, TX.