PDA

View Full Version : Andi, help

Bill
02-07-2008, 05:43 PM
Back me up here, please. Spring is right around the corner, isn't it? Love, Bill

Andrea Barnett Budin
02-07-2008, 06:56 PM
Oh Bill, You know -- when sunshine is in your heart, light and laughter will soon follow. And flowers too. http://cdn-cf.aol.com/se/clip_art/objcts/flwrs/clips/cinco2-clip2

Andi

chrisy
02-07-2008, 10:02 PM
Bill, I saw a bunches of daffodils poking up along the trail. And I saw daylight at the beginning AND end of a long day! Spring is definitely on the way.

But somebody does need to tell the weathermen!!!!

PinkGirl
02-08-2008, 09:38 AM
Okay Bill, you need to get a grip.
As Marlys so eloquently said "knock it off about spring".

Your back-up has come from Andi from Florida
and Chrisy from California. How would they know
anything about Spring? Don't you have to see
the snow melting away to know that Spring is
coming?

Whispering defiantly may be a sign of something
deeper - maybe some denial issues you need to
deal with.

Jeanette
02-08-2008, 10:05 AM
I too am from Florida and it has rained here all day, not that we don't need it. But I have to tell you Bill I do have a SPRING IN MY STEP, lol Blessings to all, Jeanette

Believe51
02-08-2008, 10:28 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_63.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZRxdm603YYUS) I am with PinkGirl on this on Bill, wish I had a picture to post for proof because it is snowing again here!! Our turnip (an Amaryllis Ed named Stumpy) is not so small now. Indoors of course, but it is about 4 feet tall with gynormous red plate-sized flowers. If I can get it together I will post it for a short while, then pics of Tip. Sorry I keep meaning to do this but things are a bit crazy lately. Wish I was not looking for a groundhog shadow this year!!>>Believe51

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb096&pp=ZRxdm603YYUS (http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb096_ZRxdm603YYUS&utm_id=7924)

Kathy S in Tokyo
02-09-2008, 03:17 AM
I'm from outside of Syracuse, NY and remember some wonderful spring skiing. Now I'm in Tokyo and ladies' fashion seems to be the only way to differentiate between fall, winter and spring. We're already seeing plum buds getting ready to bloom.

PinkGirl
02-11-2008, 11:22 AM
Hey Bill,
I just read your bio --- cute. You live near Richmond, Va
where there are 4 seasons.

You haven't posted to this thread in awhile. I got worried,
but then realized that you're probably outside tending to
your tulips. :)

I also thought you could be at a Weather Convention
somewhere or else meeting with the prominent world ground hogs.

Gotta go start my truck. I'll have to leave it run for
awhile, it's -34 today. When it warms up a bit, I'm going to
try to reduce the size of the big snowbank at the end of my
driveway ( so I can see around the corner ). Maybe Spring is
there and I just can't see it! ;)

Bill
02-11-2008, 05:56 PM
Hi Pinkie, sorry I haven't posted here lately. A few days last week we had record-breaking high temperatures for early Feb., 75 degrees F., so I had to grill some salmon and veggies and stroll around the yard, sweating in the evening heat. I was going to invite you down, but I figured you'd be snowed in, so I didn't bother, but I did think about you "I bet Pinkie is a great salmon-fisherwoman, being from Canada and all. Every spring thaw I can see her and her husband saddling up the sled dogs and running up to Saskachewan, checking their beaver traps on the way, then hitting the big river and pulling 40 pound salmon in right and left, once in awhile wrasslin' a bear or two......" Oh, and to set the record straight, I do not grow Tulips, only edible plants( and rose bushes, because I used to like to clip them and lay a fresh rose on Nicola's pillow while she slept so that the aroma would wake her up, but anyhow...) I plant Nasturtiums, edible and supposedly attracts insects to keep them from your garden. If it makes you feel better, the high temp. here today was only 38F! and tomorrow only up to 58F! Spring is right around the corner, just hang in there. Keep your dogs fed and your powder dry! Love, Bill

harrie
03-03-2008, 11:23 PM
It is feeling like SUMMER over here!! I think it was like 80 degrees out today and I MISS the chilly 60 degree weather we had a month ago.....
Harrie

sassy
03-04-2008, 07:28 PM
OK Harrie, no bragging! I feel like a duck today--with ruffled feathers.

harrie
03-04-2008, 10:26 PM
Ok Sassy! Got you....no more the bragg'n!!

BUT....hey thanks for addressing a post just for me!! Everyone here seems so buddy-buddy with everyone and its pretty cool to actually get a response to a comment I made!!! Doesn't happen too often!! Thanks!!

Harrie

Sheila
03-05-2008, 05:23 AM
Harrie
I will swap your 80 degree days anytime for the 5 feet of snow and sub zeros we've had in Il this winter...heat wave today, we may get up to 30! I am definately not a winter person, its depressing! You are soooooooooo lucky...someday I hope to be able to visit Hawaii...and Tahiti...both are on my TO DO list!

Andrea Barnett Budin
03-05-2008, 03:57 PM
Hello Maryanne (code name: HARRIE)!

When Pinkie first started the JUST WONDERING thread, asking if others felt they belonged, I remember thinking exactly what you just posted. Everyone (else) seems so buddy-buddy...and I'm not entirely sure anyone is even reading *my* posts. I feel like they're ignoring me. Not noticing me. Like I'm a fly on the wall.

Just wanted you to know I always notice *you*. I love your posts. Good energy. Love your picture too.

Just as an aside Maryanne -- hope no one else is listening (I'm whispering) -- cool it w/the weather thing. I totally understand, Where's that nice chilly 60 degrees we had last week? Today was 80. And humid. Ugh. BUT we must keep this to ourselves. Many on this board are snowed in w/windchill factors we don't even want to begin to imagine. If you feel the absolute need to discuss this topic -- PM me, okay?

With love,
Andi http://cdn-cf.aol.com/se/smi/2b000001e1/06

madubois63
03-05-2008, 05:37 PM
Here on Long Island, it felt a bit like spring today. I went in to a restaurant to celebrate my girlfriend's birthday just wearing a sweater. When we left, I had to put my coat on. So I spent the best 2 hours of the day inside, but we had a blast. The place was decorated in Tuscany style, so it was an Italian evening all day long...After a great lunch, we ordered ONE dessert and split it three ways. It was a smores, ice cream thingy and HUGE. Chocolate and vanilla ice cream covered in marshmallow and hot fudge chocolate sauce topped with whipped cream and a cherry. The three of us couldn't finish it, and I am still not hungry at all...I digress...back to the weather. On the ride home, I had the windows wide open (but had the heat blasting too). Spring is definitely on it's way!!! I saw some real bunnies hopping around and the robins are showing up too. We've been lucky here by not having too many huge snow storms. And since I said that, I'm sure we will have one or more snow storms....with crocus bulbs popping out of the snow..... Maryann (aka Madame DuBois)

PinkGirl
03-06-2008, 05:15 PM
... still waiting for Spring ...

Bill
03-06-2008, 05:24 PM
Lady Pink, I can't quit laughing.................

Bill
03-06-2008, 05:24 PM
Hoooooo, I can't breathe...

harrie
03-06-2008, 11:25 PM
Funnnnnyyyy PinkGirl!!!!

Believe51
03-07-2008, 06:36 AM
This is hysterical, I cannot stop laughing. I am all by myself and tears are streaming down my face. What a great way to start me off today........still in hysteria!!!! Your sense of humor is warped!! Now I am going to go dry my eyes. Love and Peace>>Believe51

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_1_72.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZRxdm603YYUS)

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb095&pp=ZRxdm603YYUS (http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb095_ZRxdm603YYUS&utm_id=7923)

lilyecuadorian
03-07-2008, 07:58 AM
PinGirl you just won 3 pieces of chocolate http://www.iconarchive.com/icons/snaky-reports/neuhaus-chocolat/Mephist-icon.gif http://www.iconarchive.com/icons/snaky-reports/neuhaus-chocolat/Mephist-icon.gif http://www.iconarchive.com/icons/snaky-reports/neuhaus-chocolat/Mephist-icon.gif LOL LOL great therapy ...

PinkGirl
03-07-2008, 08:14 AM
Thanks for the chocolate Lily. That's the
kind I should have around my house - the kind
I can't eat. I'm glad you liked my "doctored"
photo.

Sheila
03-07-2008, 07:29 PM
Pink Girl

I think you in the elf outfit with the dog sled would have been a hit

PinkGirl
03-07-2008, 07:46 PM
Sheila,
That would have been perfect for my Christmas picture.

This one is my Spring picture for Bill. :)

Bill
03-07-2008, 09:44 PM
I laughed all day, thinking about that picture, you are so funny, (and a little ornery, I think, I can see it in that mischievous little smile you have) Love ya, Bill

PinkGirl
03-07-2008, 10:37 PM
ORNERY: HAVING AN IRRITABLE DISPOSITION

YOU THINK I'M ORNERY?????

Bill
03-07-2008, 10:57 PM
uh oh, I've mistyped again. I meant to type, "very pretty", I can see it in that "beautiful little smile you have", but I was laughing so hard at you driving your dog team to market, that I mistyped. I'm not a good typer-person, and when I laugh too hard, my eyes water and I can't see very well. I guess I just hit the wrong keys,.....again.

PinkGirl
03-08-2008, 08:34 AM
Apology accepted.

hutchibk
03-08-2008, 09:54 AM
Awww Harrie! You are a huge player on this board... so sorry you haven't felt the love! You are not overlooked at all, just that some of us (including/especially me - can be a bit 'mouthy') can "insert" ourselves a little more "loudly" if you know what I mean. LOL!! You are sweet and more refined. Actually, I strive to be a bit more like you! But it's hard work... right Bill? LOL... (just kiddin')

Andrea Barnett Budin
03-08-2008, 01:49 PM
Bill I think you were going for feisty, as in spirited. Which is a good thing. Right? I can see how your laughing attack blinded you and fogged your brain temporarily. (I think donkeys are ornery, which isn't at all what you meant to say, I know.)

Hey, Harrie! Feel free to sweetly interject whenever you want. (BTW, my avatar pic was taken in Hawaii, where I was blissing out, having achieved 10 yrs of survival.) I -- who am terrified of heights -- had it in my head for a full yr that I would go parasailing as soon as I arrived in Maui. Before I went to my room, I signed up. Paul and I went in tandem soaring into the sky. I wanted to get as close as I could to God and say THANK YOU! What a high, in every sense of the word! I KNEW I would survive the adventure. I sailed up into the blue feeling enthralled with Life! ALOHA!
Andi http://cdn-cf.aol.com/se/smi/2b000001e1/06

Bill
03-08-2008, 05:17 PM
Andi, I'm not sure if "feisty" is ok or not, but it's better then "ornery". Thanks for the help. I guess I've been a little too cavalier in my choice of words I use, I guess it's the Scottish Highlander pirate blood running through my veins. Harrie, I love reading your posts, too, they're wonderful. You have such a sweet spirit that shines through in all of your posts. Hucklebuck, I agree, you and I are going to be more refined from now on. (Thanks for grabbing me as you slipped under the bus, just kidding)

harrie
03-08-2008, 06:35 PM
Thanks you guys!!!!
This winter it got to be a low of maybe high 50s at night! Was SO COLD at night I had to wear sweatpants, sweatshirt and socks around the house or my toes would get like little icicles!! And at night I had like 5 blankets on our bed!!!
How that for COLD!!! Actually, I LOVED it and wish it was still that cold!!!
Does that make you midwesterners feel a little better now????....didnt think so.......oh well....I tried!!!!

Bill
03-08-2008, 10:00 PM
Harrie, you sound like my dad in Arizona. Walking around in sweaters and sweatshirts, shivering in the 50-60 degree chill. It gets below 85 degrees F and he's gotta build a fire.

harrie
03-09-2008, 01:12 AM
Bill....now I am not exaggerating at all. Over here, in the low 60s and high 50s is REALLY REALLY chilly!! And remember, no one over here has central heating in their homes or offices! I don't know if it is because of the humidity, but it is COLD!! But I love it. Any day I am expecting the weather to get all hot and humid so I try to enjoy every day it is cold. I don't like heat.

Andrea Barnett Budin
03-09-2008, 12:59 PM
Yes Harrie and Bill, 60s is not exactly earmuff and muffler time, but down here in Fla many do pull out their cashmere turtlenecks and wool blazers trying to keep warm. Shivering all the while... They're in boots to their knees and I'm in open-toed sandals. What is wrong with this picture? I feel, as a hot chick (you know what I mean) that I must be of a different species than this majority that surround me.

We are all armed with central heating down here though, just in case... Whatever your weather -- ENJOY YOUR DAY!! Yesterday was sunny 70s w/a breeze that dipped into the 60s at night. Perfect for the likes of me!
Andi

Bill
03-09-2008, 02:54 PM
wow, Harrie, no heat in your homes or offices, that would make a big difference in 50-60 degree weather. I lived in Arizona for 2 years, then when I moved back to Virginia it was 2 years before I could get warm again, so I know what you mean. Andi, I'm more refined now, so I'm not gonna say anything else (you know what I mean)

harrie
03-09-2008, 10:35 PM
Whoever wants to participate in my poll here....
Which angel do you identify with in Bill's picture?

For me: I identify with the angel in the back with the sword....

sassy
03-11-2008, 08:25 PM
Harrie, there is NO WAY I can identify you with a sword! Maybe holding forth with palm fronds or a lei!

I visited Hawaii 18 years ago---wow thats a long time ago--before kids when I could do things like that! Loved it!

harrie
03-11-2008, 11:17 PM
Sassy, I am most definitely the angel with the sword!!! I may not look it but I am very much the fighter!!! I may be small but I am VERY feisty!!
Which one do you identify with?
Harrie