PDA

View Full Version : Tip and Tex are in California

chrisy
01-16-2008, 10:17 AM
Hi all,
Just a quick note to let you know that T&T made it to California ok. Tex has a bit of a cold (too much playing in the snow for a Texas tiger!) and they are both taking it easy at home. Tip is very nurturing that way. They are watching way too much TV, and though I've tried to control their viewing habits (we all watched a Jane Austen movie Sunday), I fear they are closet fans of Judge Judy. I may have to put parental controls on the set.

hutchibk
01-16-2008, 10:28 AM
They really liked Meercat Manor when they were here, and yep, they do like Judge Judy... Tex likes chicken soup, too. Tiptoe is very nurturing, very much a caring nurse. I'm glad they are there to keep you company, Chrisy!

PinkGirl
01-16-2008, 10:30 AM
Hi Chrisy
Thanks for the update. I'm glad they are safe and sound with you.
So, you're saying that they have developed an interest in legal issues.
Hmmm.....I wonder what those two are up to.

Hope to see some pictures soon. Have they met cardboard Barry yet?
I hope there is no jealousy.

Enjoy them, they are a lot of fun !!!

chrisy
01-16-2008, 01:34 PM
Remember, we're fresh off the recent animal attack at the SF Zoo, so Barry's a little unnerved by the presence of a tiger in the house, even a friendly one with the sniffles. But I know they will all be very good friends once they've met.

But last night both Tip and Tex comforted me, one on each shoulder, because I have been quite upset lately. They are very perceptive and have sensed that I needed some TLC. Tomorrow we will all head up to UCSF and hopefully get some answers!

Sheila
01-16-2008, 01:52 PM
Chrissy
Glad to see they arrived safely...by the time they are done making their rounds, they will need a steamer trunk. Glad to hear they are loading you up on healing mojo....btw, they were big Oprah fans when they were here.....you may need to hide the channel changer.

Catherine
01-16-2008, 10:28 PM
Chrissy,

I think Lolly and I were on for the end of January to host Tip Toe. If you could send her to me, I will try and have the house clean before she and her friend Tiger arrive. I presume they sleep in separate beds. Actually, I am quite open minded, so I will let them sleep how and where they want to. Our 15-year old tabby cat runs the house, so he may tell them what they can and can't do. I have been in contact with Lolly. Neither of us have gotten a returned phone call from the Governor of the State of Oregon, so we may have to set our dignitary sites lower. I will send you my address. Good luck at UCSF tomorrow.

Catherine

Marlys
01-17-2008, 06:21 AM
Hey! Don't skip me!! I was scheduled to have them January 16.. It has come & gone.
Love & hugs,
Marlys

Sheila
01-17-2008, 06:44 AM
As many can see, they have been off track since early December...by about 2-3 weeks, I was supposed to get them Dec 16 and I got them Jan 3rd, then they were sent to Chrissy as she needed their healing powers more...I would say if you need them for a special occasion speak now, otherwise, it is best to pass them around one area before sending to another...and also cheaper as they are being mailed priority mail or fed x to keep track of them, and believe me, their little entourage is getting heavy! What does everyone think???? I think its important that if someone needs them for healing, they get to them ASAP.....don't forget Steph wants them when they are "out west" too!
DON'T FORGET TO SIGN THEIR PASSPORT IN THE FRONT OF THE BOOK WHEN YOU GET THEM!

PinkGirl
01-17-2008, 07:06 PM
If a person marries an American citizen, does that
person automatically get citizenship? Just wondering.

hutchibk
01-17-2008, 07:31 PM
Question #13: If I marry a US citizen when can I apply for US citizenship? How many years?
Answer: We call this the 3 threes rule. If you have been a permanent resident for 3 years, have been married for 3 years, and your spouse has been a US citizen for 3 years, you can apply for naturalization 3 months prior to achieving 3 years of permanent residency.

http://immigration.about.com/library/weekly/aa102599.htm
http://www.usimmigrationsupport.org/greencard_marriage.html

I could find no info about a Canadian hamster marrying a Texas Tiger... but I assume the same rules apply.

Marlys
01-17-2008, 08:47 PM
This has nothing to do with Tip & Tex however I like to add my 2 cents worth when I think I know something. This is because I am a natural smart a$$. We have a dear friend who cared for my in-laws in their last days in Charleston, S.C. She is a beautiful Russian girl who came to the U.S. as an exchange student in high school. She graduated from the Citadel (the military college of the south) with honors and married an American after her graduation. After 4 years or so she was forced to return to Russia leaving her husband behind. She can then apply for citizenship after 2 years. There is something wrong here but I don't know what. It just doesn't seem fair.
Enough crabbing.
Love & hugs,
Marlys

Catherine
01-17-2008, 11:44 PM
I am writing this without consulting Lolly. I was looking forward to Tippy and her boyfriend visiting me, but it is not necessary and not urgent. I could instead donate the postage I would have spent on those two heavy hampsters....just a thought. Lolly scream out, if you will be upset that we get skipped. Since my digital camera is broken, and I can barely figure out how to post a picture, I was already fretting about the problem of recording their journey on camera.

Lolly, if you do not mind....could you please make the decision. Plz post whether Tippy and Tiger can skip Oregon. Besides it is cold and drearie here right now. We can either donate the postage money or buy ourselves a good bottle of wine.

Whatever happens, someone needs to tell Tippy that she should not just take up with the first Tiger she meets. I hope Tippy played the field for a while. And I hope that Tiger is of good moral fiber (or was he made out of polyester in a foreign county?).

Catherine

hutchibk
01-18-2008, 01:13 AM
LOL - good one Catherine! Actually, Tex is both...good moral fiber and polyester fibers from China. But his heritage is Siberian White Tiger from Northern China, so he comes by his fiber honestly. Being that he is a Tykerb Tiger and TipToe is a Herceptin Hamster, they actually go together pretty well, as long as you get the dosing right... and together they pack a very powerful punch!

PinkGirl
01-18-2008, 08:47 AM
Tex is an American - born and bred in the good ole US of A.

So it is fair to say that he is a traveling American. Tip hasn't
stayed anywhere very long and she is traveling on a Chinese
passport. I am getting a bit worried. Although I know there
are tons of us who would be willing to take the risk of harbouring
her for as long as necessary, I worry about her being sent back.
I know she has no intentions of going back to China - that's why
I was just thinking about her marrying a Canadian or an American.

Lolly
01-20-2008, 10:02 PM
It seems Tip and Tex are in such demand, I agree with Catherine that they may skip Oregon as they're healing energy is really should be where it's most needed. It is kind of cold and drippy here in good ol' Oregon, and although we natives love our rain, Tip and Tex may not!

<3 Lolly