PDA

View Full Version : Tykerb Donation?

TuesdaySS
01-13-2008, 09:42 PM
Does anyone have any information on how to donate (sealed packages of) drugs legally in Illinois? I've been online all day trying to figure it out, but it's difficult to find for each state.

I used to come here, but my son's illness, death, and then financial problems put breast cancer discussion on the back burner. (NED x 3 years!) My sister is not doing as well, and each time they switch her treatment, she's got months of expensive drugs left over.

I'm thousands of miles from her, and if I can do this little thing for her it'd make both of us happier. Any info will be appreciated.

Tuesday

Brenda_D
01-14-2008, 07:28 AM
I don't know about Tykerb, but you can google Recycled Meds and there are some programs for various meds.

Becca
01-14-2008, 10:30 AM
Tuesday, my oncologist accepts unused drugs to give to patients who do not have health insurance, or just need a few to see if they can tolerate a drug before ordering. That would be an easy way to make the drugs available to others who need them--to just hand them over to her doctor (unless that is something the onco does not permit). Hope this helps and may your sister do well on whatever she is currently being treated for.

So sorry for the trial you have faced with your son's illness and death, and also the financial problems. Glad you are NED--that is one bright factor in your life right now. Best wishes for strength and peace in your life.