PDA

View Full Version : Thanks

jones7676
12-15-2007, 07:05 AM
Thanks to all of you who gave me encouraging words. I made it through stereotactic (nasty headache for a while) and through chemo the next day! I'm just hoping this new combo works and perhaps I can go without further brain mets for a while. The Holiday Flamingo was a birthday present. Isn't he cute?

lilyecuadorian
12-15-2007, 07:11 AM
We will going without further brain mets for while while we see ....keeping going "the fight is fighting, otherwise is not a fight"

Believe51
12-17-2007, 10:22 AM
Glad to hear you are feeling better today we have had you in our thoughts and prayers. We too pray that this combination works wonders for you. And I do love the pink flamingo....did you name her yet?? Now you have a special reminder of the birthday you so valiantly strived for!! Keep up the great fight Sweetie, you are a winner. Keeping you in our vigils>>Believe51

jones7676
01-02-2008, 04:39 PM
I haven't thought of a clever name for this flamingo - but I would love suggestions. I do have three yard flamingos my best friend gave me.....they are named "Harry", "Tooey" and "Nuey". LOL I haven't been on here much...still kind of bummed. I prefer to uplift people when I'm here and I haven't had much to offer. I'm hoping I am turning around now.

juanita
01-02-2008, 05:57 PM
My daughter would so love that pink flamingo. She has a small collection of them. Don't have any ideas for names though. I would suggest something about your fight or the strength that you have.

sassy
01-02-2008, 06:24 PM
How about Barbingo?! (Barb (-flam) + ingo)

Mary Jo
01-02-2008, 06:27 PM
Harry, Tooey, Nuey and ....................... how about Luey!!!! I like. http://her2support.org/vbulletin/images/icons/icon7.gif

Happy things are going well. Stay strong.

Love & Peace,

Mary Jo

Andrea Barnett Budin
01-02-2008, 06:49 PM
Glad you're feeling better, Barb! BTW, we'll take you as you come. http://cdn-cf.aol.com/se/clip_art/gstres/thghts/thought-what No fair weather friends here!

The word flamingo is derived from the Latin word for FLAME. (She could represent your Eternal Flame...)

Flamingos can live up to 60 yrs in captivity. She can be your lifelong PAL or BUD.

A bunch of flamingos are known as a PAT of flamingos (an androgynous name to boot!). I'm just saying...

Andi http://cdn-cf.aol.com/se/smi/0201e05fca/06

Sheila
01-03-2008, 05:43 AM
Barb
Heres hoping that you start feeling like youir old self again soon, and that 2008 brings health and happiness to you....the flamingo is darling...I love flamingos, probably because they are a warm weather bird....I do not know how I have survived living in the cold for so many years, I am a Florida girl at heart...someday..... glad to see you back with us on the boards, when you aren't here, you are missed!

tousled1
01-03-2008, 08:46 AM
Barb,

Glad to hear your feeling better and that you had nothing more than a headache. Love the Flamingo -- makes me think of warm places to go.

Lolly
01-03-2008, 01:00 PM
Barb, congratulations on getting through the holidays with a crisis well in hand...best wishes for the new year!