PDA

View Full Version : May "I" get a visit from Tip Toe?

RhondaH
11-20-2007, 04:26 AM
She sounds divine...

Rhonda

tousled1
11-20-2007, 08:30 AM
Rhonda,

I know there is a thread that lists TipToe's itinerary. I'm not sure who is keeping it up (chemo brain!). Just check it out and let them know that you want a visit. She is a lovely hamster and crtainly does manage to take your mind off cancer. She's currently visiting with me in GA although I'm not able to do much with her since I'm currently being treated for pneumonia and have to take things easy. I don't want to end up in the hospital!

hutchibk
11-20-2007, 10:23 AM
Absolutely Rhonda - take a look at her "loose" itinerary and post when you would like to fit into her schedule... I will add you in.

Andrea Barnett Budin
11-20-2007, 01:45 PM
Kate, I am worried about you. Pneumonia comes in various severities. I am hoping you have a really mild case, but you are right. You don't want to end up in the hospital. Other than rest, what are the docs doing or suggesting? I am sending you healing energy, and if you don't mind, could you give Tipsy a hug for me. Then Tip can hug you for me too!

Andi http://cdn-cf.aol.com/se/clip_art/gstres/celebrte/hug

tousled1
11-20-2007, 06:17 PM
Andi,

Thanks for being so concerned. I'm doing ok. I'm on powerful antibiotics and saw my pulmonary doctor on Monday. He said my lungs sound better and is extending the time I'll be taking the antibiotics. I doubt that I will get chemo tomorrow other than Herceptin that is. Tipsy is a joy! She has a new sweater that my daughter made her and she's doing fine. Everyone in the family loves her. I'll take some pics and post them. I will indeed give her a great big hug from you.

StephN
11-20-2007, 07:29 PM
Dear Kate -

Sorry to hear you are sick.

Did you know that TipToe was a NURSE in a past life? She will really do you a world of good.

I am also worried about your lungs. How was the nasty old pneumonia caught? Were you exhibiting symptoms? Hope the antibiotics are not too hard on you as sometimes the cure can be worse than the disease.

Let us know how you are faring and what Tipsy is recommending as well.

fauxgypsy
11-21-2007, 09:20 AM
Kate, did you see Tiptoe's portrait in the back of the book? She coould hardly sit still for it, the night before she left to come to your house. I am glad you are responding to the antibitics. My sore throat went away and I am feeling pretty good.

Leslie

PinkGirl
11-21-2007, 09:23 AM
I need a "fix" of Tiptoe. Anyone got any pictures of her
they could post???????

fauxgypsy
11-21-2007, 02:33 PM
Hi Pink,
I emailed you three. I could not for the life of me figure out how to post them.

Leslie

tousled1
11-21-2007, 04:36 PM
My pneumonia is beginning to clear up. I did not get chemo today but did get my Herceptin. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving so lots of pictures will be taken. TipToe is taking very good care of me. It's amazing how she truly takes your mind off breast cancer. My entire family is enjoying her.

Andrea Barnett Budin
11-21-2007, 10:18 PM
Kate, Just a reminder. Don't give tip cranberries. Fruits are full of sugar and Chinese Hamsters can develop diabetes. Nut and grains are best. Tomatoes but no stems, poisonous I read. Carrots. She's a good eater. Portion control problem I think. Or maybe she was just following my lead.

She loves a good feast. Don't we all. Remind her that in America Thanksgiving is full of thanks and giving. Her generosity of Spirit is amazing. She loves to cuddle, and hide and climb and burrow and espouse her philosophical beliefs, in case you haven't noticed, being resting up a lot -- I hope! GET WELL SOON, sweet Kate. Become one with the Universe. Or did Tipsy tell you that already? Have you heard her chanting? Probably offering up prayers for your good health...

Andi