PDA

View Full Version : Starting Tykerb

michka
11-07-2007, 11:09 AM
I started Tykerb yesterday. I live in Paris, France. Tykerb is not available yet except through special trials for women with a metastasis.
My onc. thinks that Tykerb will be used like Herceptine within a year or two and got it for me since he thinks that it protects the brain better. Moreover, he thinks, like me, that the Taxol/Herceptine treatment half worked. So I will take Tykerb for a few months. If I can support it...
I started with 2 pills a day. I will go slowly to 5.
I AM SO THIRSTY. I was already drinking like a nut before, but now, even drinking doesn't seem to make me feel better. Did you have that problem? I also have some stomach aches. But so far, it is OK.
Michka

Vanessa
11-07-2007, 08:54 PM
My mouth is really dry and my lips have the taste of ink. I started out with 2 Tykerbs, then had to back up to one, due to being sick at my stomach. My doctor gave me a shot of aloxi to augment my zofran and phenergan. I have been really sick at my stomach. She told me to stop for 2 days and then start at one pill for a couple of days, then go up to 2 and so on.

I have been using Biotene toothpaste and mouthwash, but it is not helping much like it used to. Good luck. Brenda H has some really good tips for dealing with the side effects of Tykerb.