PDA

View Full Version : To DIM or not to DIM

TSund
11-05-2007, 09:57 PM
Has anyone here extensively looked at the DIM supplement? I have only recently heard of this stuff, and don't know anything about it's properties, safety profile, etc. Is this something Ruth should be on?

Please share...

THANKS

Terri

Sheila
11-06-2007, 06:09 AM
Terri
WHAT IS IT? I have never heard of it...when I read the title to your post, I thought you were talking about headlights....of which I am missing one! LOL

Andrea Barnett Budin
11-06-2007, 02:42 PM
Terri,

Are you talking about DIINDOLYLMETHANE???? RE METABOLIZING ESTROGEN? That's what I thought of when I read your thread header. Show's how my vocabulary has changed since bc...

Andi

TSund
11-06-2007, 08:20 PM
YES, Andi, that's the one! Tell me more..

TRS

Hopeful
11-07-2007, 07:27 AM
Googled the term and came up with this: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?Db=pubmed&Cmd=ShowDetailView&TermToSearch=16580691&ordinalpos=21&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsP anel.Pubmed_RVDocSum

Hope it is helpful.

Hopeful

TSund
11-07-2007, 03:13 PM
I wonder why they did not test the effect of Herceptin + DIM in this study.

I almost threw this one at RR during her chemo, but decided we were "breaking the rules" enough as it was. :)

Now she's finished with Taxotere. Probably would not hurt to have her take it anyhow. Anyone else out there "doing DIM"?

TRS

Andrea Barnett Budin
11-07-2007, 03:30 PM
Hi Terri,

My NY nut onc (Dr. Gaynor) has me on Nature's Way DIM-PLUS (Diindolylmethane) -- 100 mg AM & PM for the last few yrs, to help metabolize estrogen was my understanding...

I also take Flaxseed Oil 1000 mg a day. Haven't asked about oil vs seed, but w/IBS seed is not good.

I am ES/PR-.

You know my list is in my GAINING CONTROL thread -- posted on 11/5 and directing you to original thread which was 10/8 I think...

Let me know how you go... Keep us all posted re all supplements, please.

Andi

TSund
11-11-2007, 10:59 PM
Still seeking those taking or with knowledge of this supplement, so decided to thow this back at the top.

Thanks

Terri

momdeeco
11-12-2007, 02:25 PM
I have been taking DIM for about 6 months. It was recommended by a doc at a FORCE conference. I really didn't look into it, just trusted this doc.