PDA

View Full Version : To Brenda and Gerri........

Mary Jo
10-18-2007, 03:54 AM
Hi Brenda and Gerri................

Just wanted to say that I hope your colonoscopy's went well. Hope all is clear and you feel well.

God's Blessings,

Mary Jo

Mary Anne in TX
10-18-2007, 04:52 AM
May all 3 of you dance and sing this weekend cause ya "got it done"!!!! You guys are great! ma

hutchibk
10-18-2007, 08:03 AM
I got the "all clear" - yippee! How did yours go, Mary Jo?

And I was sooooo hungry afterwards I could have eaten the car!

lilyecuadorian
10-18-2007, 08:13 AM
que bueno .....................me gusta esa noticia....

Mary Jo
10-18-2007, 08:29 AM
Brenda, I posted my colonoscopy experience under the "all finished" post.

MJ

Gerri
10-18-2007, 11:18 AM
Thanks Mary Jo for thinking of us. I had the first appointment today so I was out of there in no time. No polyops were found, but I do have diverticuli (sp?) so the doctor said I need to increase my fiber. He recommended that I take Benefiber daily. The worst part of this entire experience was the gas pains afterward. I also vomited once after we left. We were pulling off on our offramp and it just came out of nowhere. I had some orange juice after the procedure and really do know better - it can cause me problems even on a good day. Fortunatley I still had some Zofran left over from my chemo days and had brought one along. Other than the mess in my car, the day went well.

To all of you that are putting this off, you just need to make that appointment. It really isn't as bad as you imagine it to be.

Be well.

MagnoliaforJenny
10-18-2007, 11:29 AM
This reminds me it's time for my appointment with "Dr. Ramsbottom" :( Not looking forward to it, but I'm gonna do it ;)

The fentanyl/demerol did nothing for me the first time around, I'll demand something much more powerful!!

Gerri
10-18-2007, 11:40 AM
Magnolia,

When you say it did nothing for you what do you mean? I expected (as I was told) to feel nothing and remember nothing. I don't know how much of the procedure I 'missed' but definitely woke at some point and watched it on the screen. I told them that I could feel what they were doing so they gave me more of the drug combo and it may have put me out. I guess I was a little loopy even though I was awake so it wasn't that bad.

Sheila
10-18-2007, 12:07 PM
Versed seems to be the CRS...can't remember SH*T most comonly used...I had 7 breast biopsys and my neck node biopsy done using it...it worked great...its like mainlining strong Valium! No wonder you dont give a sh*t.!

MagnoliaforJenny
10-18-2007, 12:19 PM
I mean I was screaming in pain. I actually pulled the tech's shirt and yelled at him to do SOMETHING or else.... I won't say what I said but you can imagine ;)

I remember every single second of the entire thing, and felt everything. I won't do it that way again.