PDA

View Full Version : my news

BonnieR
10-16-2007, 08:46 PM
My oncologist surprised me today by deciding that I had enough chemo with the 4 doses of THC that I have completed. She had always said the number of doses was a bit arbitrary in my case, and might only be 4, since we were not after an actual tumor. And she did not want the side effects to outweigh the benefits. I was getting neuropathy, for one thing. And some low blood counts and terrible fatigue
. I will continue on Herceptin for the year. Am needing a port to be installed and now weekly lab work and Procrit.
But the heavy duty stuff is done! I feel ambivilant. There was a time when it was thought I did not require ANY chemo, then it was decided just Herceptin, then we went to THC, now time to back off!!! I am thrilled but still shocked. This requires time to absorb!!

tousled1
10-16-2007, 10:16 PM
What wonderful news Bonnie! I know you must be happy to some degree in stopping the Taxol. Your blood counts will begin to come back to normal once you are on Herceptin only. Give it about 2 months. I'm on Taxol/Carboplatin/Herceptin and my counts are extremely low and I'm fatigued like you couldn't believe. I'm looking forward to the day when I can go back to Herceptin only. Good luck to you Bonnie, I will keep you in my prayers.

Sheila
10-17-2007, 03:34 AM
Bonnie
You must be relieved! Now onward to Herceptin, which will be a breeze! I hope the time goes fast!

Mary Jo
10-17-2007, 04:56 AM
More wonderful news. Man, this board is hopping with good news lately. Bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mary Jo

KRISS
10-17-2007, 07:09 AM
What a relief for you Bonnie. Your new normal will be coming back quicker now. Herceptin is a breeze and flys by. Have a great day and spread your Joy.