PDA

View Full Version : Tipsy's Travel Itinerary...

hutchibk
10-16-2007, 07:23 PM
Oct 1ish - @ home in Canada w/ Pink
Oct 8ish - Boca Raton w/ Andi BB
Oct 16ish - W.Warwick w/Marie: for 'PET'scan results & 12th Wedding Anniversary Celebration!!!
Oct 23ish - NJ w/ Becky for Halloween
Nov 6ish - Mississippi w/ Leslie
Nov 13ish - Georgia w/ Kate for Thanksgiving
Nov 26ish - Chicago w/ Rinaina
Dec 3ish - Michigan w/ Barb
Dec 10ish - Austin/San Antonio w/ Brenda (also visit Lance Armstrong Foundation)
Dec 17ish (stay through Christmas) - Travel to Illinois w/ Sheila for the holiday
Dec 27ish - Milwaukee w/ Still Here (who will take her to Tucson/Miravel for her R&R spa trip w/ Steph, Crisy, Sherri & Stillhere
Jan 6ish - Home from Miravel w/ Steph
Jan 16ish - Boise w/ Marlys
Jan 23ish - Oregon w/ Catherine
Jan 30ish - ?

Harrie, Abbeydawg, MJo, KarenW, Lilyequadorian... let us know when you would like to host our little globetrotter!

Spring 2008 - Tiptoe heads east to Japan/Australia?? Kathy S in Tokyo? All Aussies and those across either pond (east or west), check in and let us know if you would like to enjoy a visit from our dear Tipsy!

Let me know about any changes and I will make them Tout de Suite...

Marlys
10-16-2007, 10:47 PM
January 16 sounds good to me. I will await her arrival. My Address is 5184 Umatilla Avenue, Boise, Idaho 83709. My last name is Weathersbee.
Love & hugs,
Marlys
P.S. I shared the TipToe Thread with my oncology nurses and they were delighted to meet her on line. She will definitely be the center of attention when she gets here.
<!-- / message -->

tousled1
10-16-2007, 10:49 PM
Brenda,

Thanks for posting TipToe's itinerary.

hutchibk
10-18-2007, 01:47 AM
We need Tip to visit Alaska Angel before she heads to Japan... yoohoo - Alaska, where are you?

Sheila
10-19-2007, 04:17 AM
Brenda
Tip cannot be flowing through the US Mail on Halloween...I know Becky will want to take her trick or treating...or Faux...being a PRIORITY MAIL PACKAGE WOULD NOT BE AN ORIGINAL COSTUME FOR HER!

PinkGirl
10-19-2007, 03:39 PM
I was looking through all the Tip Threads and back at the "Herceptin did you know" thread to see if we missed anyone who requested the honour of Tiptoe's presence. The ones I found so far are: harrie from Hilo, AbbyDawg, Karen W from N. Calif., Lilyecuardorian, and MJo in Delaware.

Is there anything we (you) can do about all of her Threads. I think it would be easier if she just had 2 threads -- the original "Tiptoe the Chinese Hamster" and the "Itinerary" one. Is there a way to do this? It's getting a bit confusing finding her now. Just a thought..........

Becky
10-19-2007, 06:55 PM
So, I am preparing for Tip's arrival. I just told the hubby about Tip. He is thinking how to concoct a little saddle so Tip can have a pony ride on our horse when she arrives. I think I have a little straw hat she can wear then but I am not entirely sure how big Tip is so I will have to see when she gets here.

I thought he would think the whole thing was alittle off the wall but HE is really excited about where we will take Tip next week. I will let Marie know my address so she can get here to me.

hutchibk
10-25-2007, 06:46 PM
And Tip's itinerary is in no way set in stone.... not meant to be a hard and fast guideline, just trying to keep track of where she is going next. If someone has a better idea for dates or length of stay... please post and let me know!!

PinkGirl
11-20-2007, 08:51 AM
I am bumping this up so more requests can be made
for the honour of her presence........

rinaina
11-20-2007, 11:44 AM
I would cherish a visit from tiptoe so please add me to the list. I am always available but will be on vacation the first week in February.

hutchibk
11-20-2007, 01:27 PM
Rinaina and Marlys - do those dates work for you?

I figure Kate could sent her to Chicagoland area on her way to Michigan w/ Barb...

rinaina
11-20-2007, 01:30 PM
these dates will work fine, can't wait!

Marlys
11-21-2007, 08:25 AM
As I said in the 2nd post to this thread, Jan 16 is great.
Love & hugs,
Marlys

hutchibk
11-21-2007, 02:05 PM
LOL - oops Marlys, I missed that... I will reflect that you are CONFIRMED on Tippy's itinerary!

Can I claim chemo brain?

rinaina
11-27-2007, 11:18 AM
Don't know which Barb to contact as far as when I should ship TipToe off to her. Any info would be helpful.

PinkGirl
11-27-2007, 12:23 PM
Hi Rinaina

I am happy that you've finally gotten to see our little ham,
and thank you for the repairs to the journal. I was wondering
about all that glue.........
Enjoy her, and hopefully we will see some pictures of Tip in the
Windy City - maybe in front of Harpo Studios??

I am pretty sure that Barb is Jones7676 in Christmas, Michigan.
Brenda can verify that.

Have fun.......

rinaina
11-27-2007, 12:30 PM
Thanks for the forwarding info. Didn't want to send it to the wrong Barb.

PinkGirl
12-06-2007, 09:33 AM
Where exactly is she, and how is she doing?
Any hope of seeing some pictures? I miss the
little rodent.

rinaina
12-06-2007, 09:53 AM
TipToe is still with me and I am about to mail her off to Barb. I was suppose to do it a few days ago but my son went into the hospital and I have been busy with him. Hopefully I will get the darling off today or tomorrow. She is safe and sound and warm despite our freezing temps in Chicago.

hutchibk
12-06-2007, 05:21 PM
Sorry to hear about your son! I hope he is ok! Hey Barb, if you can just get her to me by Dec 11, then I can take her to the San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium and hand her off to Sheila.

jones7676
12-06-2007, 06:17 PM
I just sent a private email requesting that Tip Toe be sent straight to Texas. I can go on the list to have her visit again later....and that will work out fine. My friend is having a small birthday party for me tomorrow night and she wouldn't make it in time for that and I am having stereotactic next Wednesday, then chemo on Thursday...... I have a lot going on right now anyway and it may work out better this way. Have fun!

lilyecuadorian
12-06-2007, 09:18 PM
I'm next if is Ok with Home-Owner PinkGirl do I need to write my address now, well is in Charlotte North Carolina anytime Tip Toe is very welcome -bienvenida just need her schedule on food and nigth time hours

PinkGirl
12-07-2007, 08:10 AM
Hi Brenda
I'm glad Tiptoe is going to make it to San Antonio for the
group pictures.

I just noticed that Lily and Flori have requested a visit from
the Ham. I don't know if they have a preferred time or just
want to be penciled in. Keep an eye on her at the big
conference. I think she's from small-town China.

rinaina
12-07-2007, 09:53 PM
TipToe is ready to take on his next adventure. I wasn't able to get TipToe shipped out to Barb on time due to the fact that my son ended up in the hospital and I have been consumed with that. Barb asked that I just send TipToe on to Texas to be with Brenda but I need Brenda's mailing info. Barb said when she is feeling better she will schedule another visit with TipToe. So I f someone could give me Brenda's info I will send TipToe to her. Thank you and i will be sorry to see the little princess go.

tricia keegan
12-08-2007, 03:20 PM
I have'nt had much free time to log on lately and see how Tip is doing but had requested she stay with me whenever its convinient to her schedule?? I'm away week comm Feb 23rd to march 2nd but home any time before or after that date..
I'm sure we can make her comfortable here, it IS wet and cold so she'll need to wrap up well and maybe bring her brolly! Christmas would be nice if she could make it. Pics may be a problem as I don't own a digital camera as yet but have dropped lots of hints as to what I'd like for a Christmas pressie:)
I do have an ok camera on my phone though, Pink girl I have a question...would Tip object to spending time with my six cats do you think?? They're mostly friendly and like visitor's but I've never had such a distinguished guest before so want to make sure I have a word with them beforehand to ensure they perform the correct protocol for Tip??
They have lots of toys she may enjoy for amusement and a ten foot cat tree which they insist is tremendous fun if climbed at speed..she may well enjoy the whole experience and I'll be certain to they keep their drinking and swearing under control!!!!

P.S...I think it may be good for Tip to broaden her mind and travel a little to Ireland..does she have an up to date passport does anyone know??
The Paddys day parade here in Dublin would be great if Tip can make it,I'll try to keep the Guiness to a minimum but sure she's enjoy the different culture!

PinkGirl
12-08-2007, 07:40 PM
Tricia,
Tip's very easy-going. I think the cats will
be fine. She was very quiet with me but Andi
found her chatty. But, Andi could probably get
anyone talking.

I'd be careful with the beer. Remember Kathy S
from Tokyo told us about Asians missing a
certain enzyme that processes alcohol. I would
keep a close eye on her with the booze.

She has a current up-to-date passport from
the People's Republic of China (with a picture
of Chairman Mao) on the front.

hutchibk
12-09-2007, 12:20 AM
Rinaina - I sent you a PM... I look forward to my time with Tipsy. I hope she likes Tex-Mex food. And does she like seminars/learning things? She will get her fill of new b/c info at the SABCS... that is if we can keep her out of the hotel bar!

Tricia - after January, I think she will head out of the US. Don't know if she will go east or west first. Any suggestions out there for her Asia/Euro travel itin?

LAURIE
12-11-2007, 09:19 PM
I would love to have tip toe visit. I am glad to hear he lots of sweaters, its cold in Ohio. I am free for lat week on Jan. or anytime in Feb. I will coordinate his visit with my "I'm done with treatment party". I think we are shooting for the last week in Jan. or first of Feb.

Leslie's sister
12-12-2007, 09:39 PM
hi everyone:
I have been following the travels of Tiptoe not thinking that I would fit into his travel plans but realized that he might want to join me next year. In Feb 2008, I plan on running the Inaugural National Marathon to Fight Breast Cancer in Jacksonville. My travel dates are Feb 15 to Feb 18, with the race being on the Feb 17. I could commit to carrying the little critter during the race-please tell me he isn't too big as it is 26.2 miles of running! Anyhow just a thought. It might be fun for him to run in a marathon esp if I am doing all the work. If he is already booked up, that is fine. I know that he is one busy critter!
Lisa

Leslie's sister
12-13-2007, 07:13 AM
sorry. I meant to attach a link to the marathon website.

http://www.breastcancermarathon.com/

and a link to an article announcing Mayo Clinic's support and ultimate receipt of funds from the marathon

http://www.mayoclinic.org/news2006-jax/3517.html

Lisa

PinkGirl
12-13-2007, 02:12 PM
I hate to be a stickler for words, but I am .....
I have noticed that Tiptoe has been referred
to as "he" or "him".

Tip is definitely a female..... remember this all
started because of her ovaries :) :) :)

Leslie's sister
12-13-2007, 09:32 PM
oops. sorry. Hopefully, SHE is the forgiving type!

Somehow I missed Tiptoe's beginnings.

Lisa

Andrea Barnett Budin
12-14-2007, 03:27 PM
WELL, we all found out that -- Herceptin is derived from Chinese hamster ovaries. So Pinkie got the bright idea http://cdn-cf.aol.com/se/clip_art/gstres/objcts/light-bulbto adopt a Chinese hamster and have HER travel around from HER2 Sister to Sister. This is in appreciation for the sacrifice the little critters have made to help save our lives! And, PinkGirl thought it would be great to share pics of Tiptoe in everyone's various home base and give some insight into our lives. The Pink One hails from Canada. She sent Tipsy (who has a drinking problem, but is spiritually grounded now and doing well on her world tour) to me, in Boca. (Fla.) I sent Tippy to Marie (Believe) and you can follow HER itinerary, created by her personal travel agent, Brenda (Hitchibk). Each *hostess* is supposed to update us on Tip's activities and give us a running commentary of her witticisms and post pics.

There is also a JOURNAL which each Sister has been contributing to and passing on along w/TipToe. And are acquired wardrobe, including blue stud earrings, a bc necklace w/a hope charm, a little bc blanky (for the cold weather), a sweater and I can't remember. Tiptoe also has a passport! What with coming to Pink from China and all...
Andi http://cdn-cf.aol.com/se/smi/0201e05fca/06

Leslie's sister
12-15-2007, 05:58 AM
thank you for the synopsis on Tiptoe's origins. Now I understand, remembering the whole hamster thread but not connecting Tiptoe to it. A drinking problem, huh? Not to worry, my problems are strictly related to food, and the desire to overindulge desserts. If Tiptoe has no problem with cheesecake, she is fine with me. So......having said that, is she up for 26.2 miles in Jacksonville Presidents Day weekend?

jones7676
12-15-2007, 07:26 AM
When everyone else who has already requested a chance to have Tip, please re-add me in at the end of the list. I don't know how she will like the U.P. blizzards and driving wind off Lake Superior. Hopefully she will be happy to be snuggled in the house with me and be content with a few visits to local friends and sights around the area. I hope her favorite color is white! (LOL)

PinkGirl
12-15-2007, 06:09 PM
Hi Barb from Christmas,

Is there a story behind that pink flamingo in a Santa suit?

rinaina
12-16-2007, 12:06 PM
Hoping TipToe made it to Buda Texas in time for part of San Antonio. Sorry for the delay, my mind wasn't functioning outside of my immediate concern for my son and his hospitalization. He is doing much better thank goodness but has a ways to go. Thank you for your understanding.

Andrea Barnett Budin
12-16-2007, 12:11 PM
Rinaina, I sure hope your son is better. Yes, you must focus on him, and making sure all the docs and nurses are doing what is needed. We each need an advocate. When Paul was in the hospital last summer, in between all that and running home to walk the dogs, go to the surgical supply store, etc., I meditated and prayed. Big time.

Is there really a Buda, Texas?

Andi http://cdn-cf.aol.com/se/smi/0201e05fca/06

rinaina
12-16-2007, 12:18 PM
Thanks for understanding Andi and yes there really is a Buda Texas. Brenda first told me Austin so TipToe took a wrong turn for a while but she is or should be in Buda by now. Think I will take your advice and meditate or at a minimum try to relax when I can....not so easy when you have a sick loved one, but will give it a try. Thanks again.

caya
12-16-2007, 12:39 PM
Rinaina,

I am glad to hear that your son is improving. I pray for a complete and speedy recovery.

all the best
caya

hutchibk
12-18-2007, 01:05 PM
It's pronounced kinda like (beautiful) "beaut-a-ful" - so we call it "buda-ful" Buda - not like Budda. But anyone who doesn't know that always calls it Budda.

Tippy is here! She has met her new friend, Tex the Tykerb Tiger, and OMG, they are having a blast!

She has mentioned that she likes Basketball and loves the San Antonio Spurs. She is such a smart hamster.

StephN
01-07-2008, 03:42 PM
Hey Brenda -
Can you revise the "travel schedule" with some more realistic dates from Christmas on??

That would be great since my turn to host is coming up and am planning a short trip to Rancho Mirage at the end of the month. Don't want to hang up the happy couple here if I can help it.
They need to stay on course for spreading around all the healing energy they can ("they" since now there is Tex to consider).

hutchibk
01-07-2008, 10:24 PM
Hi Steph - I have only a minute - my internet moments have been few and far between the last few weeks, but I don't want to hang anyone up waiting for a revised schedule... maybe you or someone else can copy and paste the old schedule to a new post and revise it... I won't have time for at least a couple of days, am running out the door in 2 minutes and will be on airplanes all day tomorrow...

Sorry- but thanks for any help that someone can provide!