PDA

View Full Version : Gift of love to Marie (Believe 51)

StillHere
08-22-2007, 08:15 AM
Hey all, It is hard to believe that Marie just joined this group in June of this year. I feel I have always known her through her heartfelt and inspirational posts. I had an idea I want to share w/ you. I think Marie would really benefit from a SPA outing in Jan or Feb 2008. I think we could swing this for her if we each donated $10.00 or more. I think she is in dire need of real flesh and blood hugs and this would be the perfect time to provide our healing touch to her. I will start the ball rolling by sending a $25.00 donation to be ear marked for Marie to attend our winter outing to:

Marie (Believe51 SPA fund)
Her 2 Support Group Org.
6973 Mimosa Drive
Carlsbad, CA 92009-5156

Joe & Christine - I did not check w/ you first, but I am hoping this can be done. I understand this fund will not be tax deductible - just a gift from the heart to a close friend.

VaMoonRise
08-22-2007, 08:37 AM
What an awesome idea!!! I am soooooo glad that you thought of this and ashamed that I didn't think of it first, lol.

My check is on it's way! And to make up for not thinking of it first I will raise your $25 and send $50, lol. Anyone else up to the challenge that I just threw down? lol.

Love you guys sooooooo much, not only are you such Magnificent Courageous Warriors but you truly are Angels here on earth. I am so very proud to call you all Sisters and to be a part of such a wonderful group. I can't begin to thank Christine & Joe enough for starting this tremendous web site (The best BC support group on the web, hands down) and for bringing us all together.

Love, Hugs & God Bless to all of You!
Nicola

Joe
08-22-2007, 10:12 AM
I would prefer that someone volunteer to handle this fund. Christine and I will be extremely busy until after the first of the year and I don't need the additional work.

Regards
Joe

StillHere
08-22-2007, 10:34 AM
Joe
So sorry, I would be happy to set up a fund. I just wanted to make sure everyone knew that this is above board and not a scam of any kind. My check is already in the mail, so please just tear it up when you receive it. Please send checks to:

Karen Schneck for Marie Fund
7201 Devonshire Ave
Greendale, WI 53129

I will collect donations and forward to Marie. Thank you

kimber
08-22-2007, 10:49 AM
Great idea!! And Nicola - I will accept your challange and raise you! I am sending $75. My check is on it's way!

God bless you all - kim

StillHere
08-22-2007, 12:49 PM
I am starting to think no good deed goes unpunished. I just returned from my bank. Wanted to find out the logistics of starting this fund. It appears the easiest way to do this is just send checks directly to Marie. If you send them to me, you can rest assured that I will endorse them over to Marie.

Marie, can you share your last name on-line to help us help you?

Marie, Can you private email your address to me, so I can forward any funds sent to my address.

Everyone, I still think this can work, it is just a little more red tape than I expected. I sincerely hope that this snag in the procedure does not deter anyone from donating to our friend.

Believe51
08-22-2007, 02:00 PM
When I first read this post I was breathless, I could not find any words to express myself about my love for this family of mine. As you know I usually not at a loss for words and Nicola really has me running to save that reputation. LOL!! I had to read it over and over because I could not believe this was happening to little 'ole me. I originally joined this group in March of this year under the alias Marie G and after the computer hijack and the different course of hubby's journey I decided to start fresh with a strong, demanding name that would sum up this journey and who I am....and that is how Believe51 was born!!! LOL (the 51 was Ed's age when joining).

I am truely touched how this family has not only educated me, but how they have helped me to grow and attack cancer!! Your spirit and beauty have always helped me to become this warrior for my husband. Through the last several months I have taken great pride in all of my friends here and always follow their journeys in my mind daily. The prayers are always said, the positive energy always flows, the love will forever be everlasting, candles always burn with sweet thoughts of "My Girls". Probably something you do not know about me...I am territorial!! LOL. Each day I wake up and hear what is going on with my friends part of me wants to get into a car, bus, train, plane just to give a hug. Never did I think that you all know how I need those hugs too, that I have lived my life without you all and that makes me wonder HOW??

I shall always remain here close to heart with everyone and this is extremely important to my husband as well as for me. This is the only place I can come and be myself. My true self. As we know life is full of formalities and some things we have to hide. My post yesterday was a little sad and I asked you not to cry. How true it is to say that was an unreasonable request to ask from you all. When we are our 'true selves' and tell our stories they are pure, they are from the bottom of our souls.

Thank you for the gesture of kindness and support, I feel a bit guilty knowing that you are all living with cancer and you are concerned about me and my welfare. Little 'ole me!! (tears). You all here continue to rescue me from the darkest corners of our journey, you have softened every blow. Continually catching me before I fall and wiping off my knees. In my visualization of you Loves I feel you all wipe my tears and kiss my face. I watch you all recognize my feelings and accept me for the passionate person I am.

Thank you all for sharing this journey with us and for allowing us to join yours. The feelings that go along with cancer are sometimes personal, not here, not in our home!! I take pleasure loving you all. I am honored to have you all in my life. You all never cease to amaze me and you always shall. I am still besides myself and very speachless. Again, thank you for picking us up and giving us life. Cancer has potentially taken some time off the end of his life, but you have all given it back to us.

Thank You All For Being The Wind Beneath My Wings!!

I feel so much better than I did yesterday and that is all thanks to you, deeply indebited forever!! Our love for you all grow with each passing day!! How blessed we all are!!>>Believe51

Audrey
08-22-2007, 05:15 PM
Marie, I'm so glad to read that you are feeling happier today--isn't this the best website, with the most caring people? (Maybe that's why I can't seem to cut the cord more than six years after my initial diagnosis). Anyway, just wanted you to know that I'd be happy to contribute to your "spa fund"--you have such a way with words and expressing yourself that cuts right to the heart. Your husband is lucky to have you by his side during his cancer fight--don't give up hope, as you know--with God all things are possible.

Debra
08-22-2007, 09:35 PM
Count me in as well. This would be the best cause I have donated to all year!

StillHere
08-23-2007, 05:40 PM
Just to let you all know that Marie has sent me a private email with her name, address & phone #. If you don't feel comfortable sending the checks to me to endorse and forward to Marie, please private email me and I will send you the needed information. I think the generous donations are wonderful, but if everyone who regularly reads Marie's posts sent $5, or $10 it would add up very quickly. The Miraval sales rep is out of the office until Wed. 8/29. Hope to get some details of cost of this resort to you next week.

dorinda
08-23-2007, 07:01 PM
I Would Love To Be Apart Of This Adventure For Marie. I Have Grown From Just Reading Her Post. Everything She Has Expressed I Have Felt Through My Bc Journey.thanks For Letting Me Be Apart Of This. Dorinda

Believe51
08-24-2007, 09:45 AM
I say one more time that I cannot believe this is happening to 'lil ole me. I ask anyone who will be donating to private e-mail me with your address, I will need them for my letters. I still feel a bit shy (for lack of better words) about the whole thing and still at a loss for words (I know, I know..me at a loss for words!) I guess I am so used to doing the giving in my life that it is strange to recieve sometimes. You are all my heros and I cannot believe I will be a part of this great adventure. Waiting for the hugs!!>>Believe51

StillHere
08-25-2007, 12:01 PM
Update-First check came in the mail today. Here we go, let's get Marie on this SPA outing where ever it may be.

StillHere
09-06-2007, 04:34 PM
I have been waiting for a few more checks to arrive before forwarding them off to Marie. I am sorry to report that so far I will only be forwarding 3 checks. (Joe, I did get the check I originally sent to you back in the mail. - Thanks). I will wait til Monday 9/10 to mail the checks in case anyone else wants to contribute and forgot. I hope some of you just bypassed me and sent a gift directly to Marie. I realize this is not a life or death cause to contribute to, but I guess I was naive enough to think there would be a much greater outpouring of support for our cyber friend and wonderful caregiver. OK, I'm done. Peace - Karen

StillHere
09-11-2007, 09:08 AM
Thank you for your donations. The checks are in the mail today. :) Karen

sherri
09-11-2007, 09:59 AM
Hi Karen,

I got her address and sent it directly to her. Mail from Canada to US takes a long time, I don't know why. Maybe others also sent it to her.

Big hug,

Andrea Barnett Budin
09-11-2007, 05:55 PM
I sent a check directly to Marie, the ANGEL that blesses this site and deserves Life's best!! Maybe others have done the same. I sure hope so. Let's give Marie (the world's greatest caregiver with a heart of gold and a passion and belief system that GLOW) a break. I put heaps of love in my envelope as well, along with big hugs and kisses. For both cheeks!
ANDI :)

kareneg
09-11-2007, 06:46 PM
Hi Karen,

I hope you recieved my check I sent it over a week or so ago.

StillHere
09-11-2007, 08:02 PM
Karen,
Yes, I endorsed and forwarded it to Marie today. Thank you. KS

Believe51
09-19-2007, 12:39 PM
To my surprise I came home to a beautiful card with some donations for the spa-fund that Karen set up for me. I can still say I am speechless about the whole thing and a tad bit shy. I know, I know....SHY??..Marie is that you???

I cannot express my deepest heartfelt thanks for even thinking of me. At first, like I said I did not know how to react. This has to be one of the nicest things anyone has ever done for me and my life is full of riches. You girls are the most amazing group of friends ever and in a sense I do not feel 'worthy'. So many more of you need to go to the spa, so many of you need it more than me. But here you all are donating for me to go, how absolutely unselfish of you!!

I want to thank everyone who has donated for my cause (even if I do not think I am worthy!!). I want to thank you for feeling that I am worthy and making me realize what I mean to you!! How generally gracious you all are to think of me as needing this retreat. I am honored by the love I recieve here and quite proud to call you all 'My Greatest Love's"!! When I told Ed about this (fighting off tears) he too was speechless. I told him I would only go if he was feeling better. His reply: "Whether I am feeling good or not you are going. I will MAKE you go!!" This is really funny coming from a man who has never made me do anything. He does not even ask anything from me, except for maybe..."Are you doing laundry today??"

So with those tears still in my eyes I once again say thank you from the bottom of my very full heart. You all are my inspiration, my support, my deepest true loves. This family has the wonderful ability to fill us with the gifts that we never knew we were lacking. I still will never know where my husband and myself would be without you all. The greatest gift of all: Your loving friendship, it is priceless and with it I consider us COMPLETE!!

With Love and ultimate thanks>>Believe51

PS: Not only getting me to go to the spa, you are giving him a break from me!!! I am sure he will be relaxing knowing not just that I am gone, but that I will be spending quality time getting those "flesh & blood" hugs. I cannot wait to hold you all in my arms and whisper exactly what you mean to me!!!!

Sherryg683
09-19-2007, 08:46 PM
I hope I'm not too late. I'm going to email you Marie now. I may not be able to go on the trip, but I'm sure gonna try. If not, Marie have a deep tissue massage for me. I could only wish that if I needed it, God would bless me with a caregiver like you....sherryg