PDA

View Full Version : Dizzy and fatigued

Emelie
08-20-2007, 04:03 PM
I was hoping this would pass but it hasn't. About 2 weeks ago I started getting dizzy spells, then on Saturday I got very nauseous (sp) and extremely fatigued. I had to lay down and nap and I haven't done that in a loooong time. I still am so fatigued I can hardly finish dressing in the morning and I am exhausted. Is this just from being on Herceptin for 8 months?
Any suggestions?
Emelie

Grace
08-20-2007, 04:22 PM
Emelie,

I can't say that you are going through what I went through, but I've had many different reactions to herceptin, and at different times. At about eight-nine months, I had dizzy spells and nausea, and had an MRI, which was fine. Dizzy spells stopped, but after my last infusion, I had extreme swelling in feet and ankles, very tired, and difficulty breathing. In the beginning I had a severe cough for about four-five months, which finally improved and various other symptoms. So, I've had similar experiences and I hope now that I'm finished, I'll see some abatement in a month or so. So it could just be the herceptin, but it's always wise to discuss with your doctor. Good luck--I hope, like mine, the dizzy spells and nausea stop.

Emelie
08-20-2007, 06:02 PM
Thanks Grace,
I will discuss with my onc what has been going on, but it helps to know that others have had the same issues while on Herceptin. Of course, it goes without saying that I am enternally grateful to have it, but some of these side effects are definetly challenging me.
Take care Grace, and I hope all goes well for you.
Emelie

Catherine
08-20-2007, 08:49 PM
So sorry to hear about the dizzy spells and nauseau. I am also in my 8th month of Herceptin. Knock on wood, no significant bad side effects as of yet. I did not have Herceptin with anything else. Completed chemo first, then surgery, then rads and then started 16 Herceptin treatments. I have completed 11 so far. My final one will be Dec 12, 2007.

I would like to be able to give advice, but since I have not had those side effects, I do not know what to say. Our DX is fairly similar. Are our doses the same?

I hope your doctor has some answers for you. And I hope others continue to post and help you find the answer.

Hang in there, Catherine

LAURIE
08-20-2007, 09:18 PM
I too have been getting dizzy, but no nausea. I have been wondering the same thing.

lexigirl
08-21-2007, 08:10 AM
I have had some dizziness and upset tummy off and on. Also head-achey. It seems that when my sinuses are acting up is when I am feeling badly. I didn't realize it was sinus related until after trying aspirin, advil and tyleno with no relief, I used my DH nazal spray a couple of times. What relief! I didn't realize that my head was actually congested.

If the dizziness persists it would be a good idea to have it checked out. I am hopeful that it is just good old allergies.

Hugs,
Lexi

MJo
08-21-2007, 12:50 PM
I've been off Herceptin 9 months, but I remember getting a floating feeling, which is like dizziness. I was nauseous too, off and on. You are right to let your oncologist know all your side effects.

Emelie
08-21-2007, 04:54 PM
Ok, so maybe I overreacted, but with my history, I was very worried. My dizziness and nausea were caused by having my right ear plugged with ear wax! My GP said absolutely that will make you dizzy and nauseous. As for the fatigue, she took some blood to make sure my thyroid is OK. I have my next onc appt. next Tues. so will discuss with her. I think the fatigue is the Herceptin, but will verify.
Thanks to everyone for your posts. It is so comforting to know that other women know how I feel when stuff like this happens.
Glad to be only a minor issue and will keep on keeping on!
Em

Mary Jo
08-21-2007, 06:31 PM
Oh Emelie,

Ear wax!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That made me smile. A big smile at that. I smiled also because I SOOOOOOOOOO understand. Every dang ache and pain is cancer - for sure - absolutely - not a doubthttp://www.her2support.org/vbulletin/images/icons/icon7.gif at the moment this or that is hurting - or whatever the symptom may be. You know what? Since my cancer dx in June of 2005 I've had chest cancer - neck cancer - brain cancer - colon cancer - rib cancer - stomach cancer and hip cancer (I think that's all of them) When one "cancer" goes away then it's usually goes somewhere else.

I'm sure the story is the same for each and everyone of us. Sadly, sometimes it is true BUT even when it isn't we are convinced at the time that it's true.

Dang cancer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!http://www.her2support.org/vbulletin/images/icons/icon6.gif

Sending a big old hug,

Mary Jo