PDA

View Full Version : Breast Cancer Events Rhode Island

Believe51
08-17-2007, 12:27 PM
I am posting this in the main group forum when maybe I should put this under events, but I wanted to invite anyone whom is near and interested in a good day, great company and the best hugs ever!! How conceited is that?? LOL

October 10, 2007: Avenues of Healing is a breast cancer seminar that includes dinner, Music, Panel Presentations, Complimentary gifts, Gift Drawings, Q & A and a special play called 'Chemo Brain! News media will be there and last year I got up to speak about MALE BREAST CANCER. Reservations are $15 and the food alone is well worth it. Last year I went with my Mother, 2 Aunts and some friends..time of my life (and only 5 weeks earlier my husband was dx so I was not this 'seasoned caregiver' that you have helped me to become, I was still petrified!!) For more information contact:

www.lifespan.org (http://www.lifespan.org)

October 14, 2007: Making Strides Against Breast Cancer is our annual walk at Roger Williams Park and Zoo. Last year we raised over $847,000 towards the fight of Breast Cancer. Very fun day for all who are in the area. For my friends who would love to attend and do not feel up to par, many trees to sit under and talk about nothing...hint hint!!

sponsered by the American Cancer Society

Again girls, if you can get together even to just hang out, send me a message. Love you all>>Believe51

Becky
08-17-2007, 01:36 PM
Dear Marie

No promises here but my daughter will be starting at Johnson & Wales and parent weekend is the same as the Race for the Cure date. Both my daughter and I are runners so I will bring this up to her (as we are going up for parent's weekend) BUT - there could be Parent's weekend activities that Sunday and I don't know really what's going on except I have the hotel reservations already so we have a place to stay.

Stay tuned. I will let you know more when I know.

kareneg
08-17-2007, 08:24 PM
Dear Marie,

I will see you at both events. We do the Breast Cancer walk every year. Look forward to talking with you soon.

All my love

Believe51
08-20-2007, 05:33 AM
Becky please tell your daughter that I am a Johnson & Wales University graduate, only I graduated when it was just a college!! Spectacular school with a tremendous reputation; what is her major?? LOL!! My grades allowed me to be chosen out of 40 top students by President Reagan, to cook for his 1985 Presidential Inauguration! (Okay now I may be given too many clues out!! ROTFL!) Let her know I wish the same great achievements in her life and shall be here if she ever needs me. I will send you my phone # and address so she can take it if she ever needs me. I am close to her too if you need me to contact or help her in a jiffy, I will be nearby.

Oh, totally off the subject....see..I am easily mislead these days, just so proud of your baby! I will talk to you soon about the weekend!! Lots of Love & Prayers>>Believe51

Believe51
08-20-2007, 05:40 AM
Hello Sweetness, so happy to hear from you, I know you were having a hard time with things. Let me know if you need rides because I will arrange that too. I am looking forward to both events, especially because fine people like you have helped to mold me into a knowledgeable fighter. BELIEVE me babe, this years questions and comments will be rather challenging for them. We shall have a blast. The important thing is that you are feeling well right now and as your friend I AM ESTATIC!!>>Believe51

Becky
08-20-2007, 05:59 AM
Hey Marie

My daughter will be majoring in Baking & Pastry Arts.

Believe51
08-30-2007, 11:44 AM
Just pulling this post forward for anyone that may have missed it. And remember I am willing to find that tree to sit under and to give you all hugs!!>>Believe51

Becky
08-31-2007, 07:10 AM
Dear Marie

Keep me posted as I would love to be able to meet you. (Timing wise as I know it is Oct 14)