RhondaH
08-16-2007, 08:34 AM
thought this post was valid here.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/08/16/ep.fire.your.doc/index.html

Take care and God bless.

Rhonda

fauxgypsy
08-18-2007, 08:51 PM
I hvae been reading a book called "How Doctors Think" by Dr. Groopman, if I am not mistaken. Everyone should read it.

Leslie

tousled1
08-18-2007, 09:37 PM
Thanks Rhonda for the link. the way I look at doctor's is -- it's like buying a pair of shoes. You don't buy them without trying them on first and if they aren't comfortable you either return them or don't buy them.

Kimberly Lewis
08-19-2007, 05:54 AM
Since the beginning of my treatment I have had four Oncologists. The first was wonderful but overworked and too far to continue driving to. The second became surly and rude when I asked for a brain MRI and other treatments I had read about on this site. The third was very nice but didn't agree with scans either though would perform them if I came up with "symptoms". Some of his nursing staff however, was terribly rude and caused an infection to spread into my port. The fourth is very compliant with my requests, is a lecturer at ASCO and well respected. My personal interactions leave much to be desired - I feel he thinks there is something wrong with me since I have changed Oncologists so often! Yeeps, its a never ending trial~

Patb
08-19-2007, 02:23 PM
Rhonda
My oncologist was very supportive in the beginning and so kind. Now, she
tells me I read too much and when I make suggestions about any further
test or treatment, she says, these drugs are expensive. I am near the
end of herceptin and have had few scans except the mugas for my heart.
I realize we can't run to the Dr. every month for tests but we have to be
informed.
patb

Mary Jo
08-19-2007, 05:54 PM
Great analogy Kate. I liked that.

Mary Jo