PDA

View Full Version : Lapatinib / Tykerb TEACH Trial

AbbyDawg
08-15-2007, 05:24 PM
Hi!

I am new to this site ... looks like a wonderful place! I just started in the Lapatinib / Tykerb TEACH Trial on August 9, 2007. Is anyone else on the board in that study?

I am on Arimidex (since Sept 2006) and Lapatinib right now. Seems like the only new side effect I am having since adding the Lapatinib is nasty headaches. Has anyone else had this? It's really not a severe problem ... actually, I have been hoping for ANY side effect so I can maybe tell that I don't have the placebo.

Thanks much!

AbbyDawg - From Minnesota

doh2pa
08-16-2007, 01:00 PM
I started lapatanib and xeloda in May and did have headaches the first week or so (which I immediately thought were brain mets and were NOT!). They faded in about a week or so and have not returned. Hope the same will be true for you.

Keep us posted and good luck on the trial! We're all watching this one very closely.

AbbyDawg
08-16-2007, 08:12 PM
Hi Donna!

Thank you so much for your reply. And it is so good to meet you!

Glad to hear you had the headaches (well, not really ... but you know what I mean) and that they resolved. My RN from the TEACH study emailed today and said to go ahead and try Tylenol so may give that a try ... but I am one of those stubborn Norwegians and I think if I am feeling the pain, I may be getting the drug, so I am not sure if I want to mask the pain .... Uffda!

Also seem to be noticing more joint pain and fatigue but I plan to let things go a couple weeks to be sure I am not just feeling this from "wishful thinking" because I want to have the Tykerb so much and not the placebo.

I admit ... we Norskis are a strange bunch! Smile!

Nice to meet you! Good luck ... and good health!

AbbyDawg

Joannie
08-17-2007, 10:52 AM
I'm currently on the TEACH Trial. Just finishsed my first three months of meds. My heart scans showed to be ok which I'm greatful for! I am having very strong bone pain in my feet, which I don't know to be a side effect. It's not the bottom but sides and tops. Much bone pain. Anyone ever have this effect on Tykerb? Just curious! Don't know what to do about it!

Symptoms that I have had on Tykerb but have subsided:
Diarhhea
mouth sores
sore scalp
heart palplitations
dry nose which has led to bleeding
tingling in hands/feet
some nausea
Acne on face/chest (has not subsided)
Now foot pain.
All all pretty well tolerable so far.
Joannie