PDA

View Full Version : Abraxane & hair loss

AliciaC
08-06-2007, 12:20 PM
I need some comments from those of you who have taken Abraxane with Avastin. I'm expecting to lose my hair (AGAIN!) and would just like to know when to expect it. I have had two Abraxane treatments so far, once a week. Thanks.

Alicia

Lolly
08-06-2007, 10:26 PM
Hi Alicia; I've been on weekly Abraxane since late April of this year, along with daily Tykerb. I started having hair thinning after about 2 weeks, and after a couple of weeks of "shedding" just got tired of that and had my hubby shave my head. It's been growing in since then, although slowly, so I probably wouldn't have lost it all, just would have been pretty thin.
Just wait it out and see what happens, maybe you'll be lucky and just get thinning!

<3 Lolly

Sheila
08-07-2007, 06:22 AM
Alicia
My friend was on Abraxane for 4 mos and never did lose her hair....everyone is different it seems...just like some people have certain side effects others never get...same goes for hair loss. Hope you keep yours!

dee1969
08-07-2007, 06:26 AM
I finally shaved mine after 4 cycles ( 1 a week, 4th week off) of Abraxane. It fell out really slow but my ponytail hid it. I shaved it, but it still grows, so I have never been bald, bald with it. Good Luck!

AliciaC
08-07-2007, 02:29 PM
Thanks everyone for the info on Abraxane. I feel like I know all of you because I've been reading the posts on this site for quite a while.