View Full Version : Paris in August anyone??

Gina
08-06-2007, 01:42 AM
Just wondering if any of our readers would be in Paris the week of August 26th when I am hoping to be there. I know Sarah D is living in France but she is in the south and I won't have time to visit this trip, but I wondered if any one wanted to get to gether in a cafe to chat her-2 stuff, I would be delighted as I know her-2 is managed considerably differently in France and would LOVE to learn more. Also, I wondered, how many of our readers besides Sarah are currently living in France. We seem to hear from the UK and the folks down under, but seem to hear less from some of the other countries' her-2 folk.

Just to let you ALL know...we LOVE to hear from each and every one! If English is not your first language, do not worry--please let us hear from you.

Godspeed,
Gina

sarah
08-06-2007, 08:35 AM
Gina,
sorry you won't be coming down south to visit but Paris is so beautiful. We'll be staying at home in the Var probably until at least October.
If anything changes and you decide to come this way, let us know.
Have a good trip. Hope my advice comes in handy. Don't forget to say "bonjour" to anyone before uttering another word to them!
All the best
good health
a plus (or A+) - as they say here
Sarah

hutchibk
08-06-2007, 10:36 AM
Have fun! Our plan is to be there at Christmas to visit our 10 year old niece. Would love to meet up at a cafe', but we will be there at different times. Oh well.

StephN
08-06-2007, 12:41 PM
Well, it is not to be this time. We WERE scheduled to be in France the last half of Sept, but have cancelled due to precarious family matters here. So, we will have to make it another time!

As a consolation prize we are going to New Orleans for a wedding. But only away for 4 days. That is all I feel comfortable with ...

Don't know of any French ladies that I can send your way either. Maybe you can contact the American Hospital in Paris and see if you can visit their oncology dept.
Sante!

fullofbeans
08-17-2007, 08:45 AM
I apologise for not giving news for a while, but its complicated..I have not logged in for a very long time..

Anyhow wanted to let you know that it is relatively easy to get an appointement in France takes about 1-2 wekks max. I went to the Marie Carie institute and the cost of seeing someone in less than 30 Euros (even when they are well know prof.) So that would be quite a change from the States!

The best is to know who you want to see and request that particular person otherwise you could end up with someone not so useful.

Good luck