PDA

View Full Version : Prayer Request

Angela
07-31-2007, 03:15 PM
I received carbo and herceptin last Wednesday. My blood was a little low so the dr. cut the dose by 50%. I thought I would feel good this week due to the decreased dose. So far I have had to get blood after every dose of carbo. I am not scheduled to have my blood checked until Thursday. Yesterday and today I have had no energy and have slept a lot. Today I have been short of breath. Hopefully this was my last carbo. The dr. is going to run scans to see if the lung and brain mets are gone. I didn't think I would be nervous over these scans but I am. Please pray that the scans are clean and I can just remain on Herceptin. I am a teacher and school starts Aug. 20th for teachers. I am so scarred the scans are going to bring bad news. I want to return to work with some energy. I felt so bad at the end of last year when others had to perform my duties because I could only work 1/2 time. Part of me is afraid to return to work. Work is so stressful. All the girls I know through chemo can't wait to go back to work or have managed to work full time during their chemo.

As I read back over this (rambling) I guess I just needed to voice my fears. Thanks for reading my rambling.

dhealey
07-31-2007, 03:39 PM
Angela, I am so sorry you feel so bad. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers that you have clean scans and a return of your energy. I am a North Carolina girl too. I live in Lexington. I too worked during my chemo, I am a nurse, and I must admit it was quite difficult at times. I am just on herceptin now and still get quite fatiqued. Keep positive thoughts!!! Smiles and hugs that you feel better.
Debbie in North Carolina

tousled1
07-31-2007, 04:44 PM
Angela,

Hopefully you've had your last treatment. I will pray that your scans are clear. It's normal to feel fatigue and you will get your strength back. Just take it easy and try not to worry -- I know easier said than done. You are in my prayers.

Mary Jo
07-31-2007, 04:50 PM
Dear sweet Angela,

I pray now as I type that the Lord Jesus would keep you in His peace, first and foremost. I pray that the scans would be clear of cancer and that whatever the outcome He would give you strength and peace. I ask this in Jesus' name. Amen.

Angela, my heart breaks for you and am happy you chose to vent here. Although only through cyberspace, I offer you a huge hug and a shoulder to cry on. IF I could take this from you I would (as would anyone else here) but sadly, we can't. However, we can bear each other's burdens and offer up prayers for Peace for each other and that I CAN do and WILL.

Holding you close Angela.

Love & Peace,

Mary Jo

kareneg
07-31-2007, 05:16 PM
Dear Angela.

I also will be praying that you feel better soon and your scans come back good. Stay strong my friend.

chrisy
07-31-2007, 05:27 PM
Dear Angela,
i'm praying right now that God is wrapping you in his love and strength - and that the scans will reveal the chemo has been harder on the cancer than on you.

Stay strong.

Much love
chris

Joy
07-31-2007, 05:31 PM
If you can't ramble here, then where can you, really? I'm praying the same as Chrisy-she put it so perfectly!!!!

lexigirl
07-31-2007, 07:02 PM
Angela,

I am saying prayers for comfort and healing to your body. Be gentle with yourself. Don't push to do too much.

Hugs and Prayers,
Lexi

Barbara H.
07-31-2007, 07:28 PM
Hi Angela,
I certainly will keep you in my thoughts. I am also a teacher and have worked during treatment. I agree that it is not easy, but it helps me to stay focused and keep from thinking negative thoughts when I am out of the house. I hope you receive a good report.
Best regards,
Barbara H.

sassy
07-31-2007, 07:28 PM
Angela,

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Fatigue is to be expected, so don't be too hard on yourself.
________
Nice2Naughty (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/Nice2Naughty/)

Jean
07-31-2007, 08:05 PM
Dear Angela,
Of course you feel tired! Rest and rest some more as school will be
starting and you will be busy. Think positive thoughts and know that
you will be in my prayers for all clean scans.

Hugs,
Jean

Bev
07-31-2007, 08:41 PM
Praying for clean scans. I was a part time sloth during chemo. I know you feel bad but I think your coworkers really want to help. If not now, when? I think it makes other people feel good if they can help. Just do the best you can do while allowing yourself sometime to heal. Get rid of any guilt. This is not your fault. Best of luck, Bev.

Believe51
08-01-2007, 05:15 AM
Certainly count me in as a prayer now as you always are. Praying before used to be much quicker before I had these needs. Now I take 'ME' time and pray long and hard, mentioning names and what I am praying for. What better a way to spend my time???

Hang tough and keep us posted!

Waiting For A Miracle....and commanding one soon>>Believe51

MJo
08-01-2007, 01:48 PM
I became anemic during chemo and got very short of breath. Please be gentle with yourself, Angela. The chemicals we take are rough. Everyone is different. Eat liver (from the health food store) and in a few weeks I know you will feel more energy. I also am praying that you get clean scans.