PDA

View Full Version : Tykerb/Xeloda - great scans!

doh2pa
06-29-2007, 01:55 PM
More encouraging news for all of you on Tykerb/Xeloda. My onc decided to do scans after just two rounds cause he's heading for vacation and my blood work and markers have not been abnormal so can't help us see how things are going. My last scan in mid-May showed 3 spots in the lungs and multiple liver spots - one more than 7cm in length. Scans today showed marvelous improvement! Lung spots are GONE!!! Small liver lesions - GONE!!! Large lesions (2) are at least 50% smaller!!! YIPPEE!! Coupled this with almost no side effects (a little fatigue) and I am one happy camper!! He says that he know some patients that have been on this regimen for years and it is still working for them. Boy, would I love to be part of that club!

I wish the same great results for all of you on this regimen. Please check in and let me know how you are doing.

Donna

lilyecuadorian
06-29-2007, 02:19 PM
thank you for all this news ....it really felt like is something good (excellent ) from my own family ...thank you and congratulations....

Lolly
06-29-2007, 02:43 PM
This is great news, Donna! So encouraging to those of us fighting stubborn mets. Thanks for sharing your wonderful results!
I'm having a good response myself, it's been a little over two months on Tykerb/Abraxane, and I will probably have repeat scans in another month so I'll be sure and let all know.

<3 Lolly

hutchibk
06-29-2007, 08:15 PM
YIPPEE! Congrats! I want to join that 'long term' club with you... send me an application! LOL

I am also having wonderful results from Ty/Xel. Will know more in a month when we do another brain MRI and either CT or PET/CT...

Tumor markers have plummeted(sp?) in the first 8 weeks.

Esther
06-30-2007, 12:42 PM
Donna, that is such great news! T/X seems to be working miracles for more and more of us.

May we all become charter members of the long term Tykerb club.

H&B
06-30-2007, 10:52 PM
Congrats!!! its a wonderful to see you all have good news starting come your way on this journey is often more - than +. May you continue to have wonderful clear scans and that the mets get knocked out of the park!! - My wife is also experiencing positive results - no scans yet but she can feel it.
Stay happy stay strong