PDA

View Full Version : Update

Andi
06-06-2007, 09:38 AM
Two weeks ago after considerable discussion with my onc I decided to discontinue treatment. In spite of the treatments I had been taking after my recurrence, my cancer continued to spread and grow in a major way. At Joe's suggestion, I did have him run my case by Dr Winer, who came back with pretty much the same thoughts. I am as at peace with this as I can be, but of course this is very hard for both me and my family. Yesterday I started oxygen 24/7 as my my lung capacity is reducing. At this time I have no pain. Then last evening I received a call from my sister in law who had been in remission from lung cancer and hers has come back to her brain. She plans to treat it, but like me, her recurrence has occured in less than 2 years from her diagnosis. This site has been such a blessing to me, I love and respect all of you for your spirit in your courages battles against this terrible disease, and I especially am thankful to Joe and Christine for making this available to us. Please keep my family in your prayers, God bless you all!

Caroline UK
06-06-2007, 10:04 AM
Andi, I'm very sorry to read of your situation. I'm not sure I understand fully - do you mean that at the moment there aren't any other treatments to be tried? I'm glad that you say you're not in pain, and that the oxygen is helping. I don't know what else to say - I'm keeping you in my thoughts, sending you and your loved ones a hug, and hoping and praying for something spectacular to come along. And warmest wishes to your sister in law too. Your family has a lot on its plate right now.

Caroline

Adriana Mangus
06-06-2007, 10:26 AM
I feel so guilty complaining about a tooth when others are having real issues.

I apologize if I offended anyone with my posting......

Andi: I'm truly sorry for you, I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

I'm sorry...

Mary Anne in TX
06-06-2007, 11:05 AM
Hi Andi!

I'm sending a hug and a prayer to you in Iowa, but it seems like so little to do for such a brave warrior like you. I hate your news and am so sad that the meds aren't doing what is needed for you. Please keep posting and I'll keep praying and believing for you. Love and prayers in giant size portions, ma

kimber
06-06-2007, 11:14 AM
Andi - I will not stop wishing for a miracle for you. Stay strong my friend. God bless to you and your family. - kim

Lala
06-06-2007, 11:20 AM
Dear Andi,
My thoughts and Prayers are with you now. I am saddened as I read your post; it is never easy to acknowledge the pain in which this disease takes us. I realize you are a Brave Wonderful Lady, your wonderful and thoughtful words and posts here have helped so many. May you know you are cared for and loved by many that visit this website. I will pray for you and your family to have strenghth and peace.

I am sending you gentle hugs

kacey
06-06-2007, 11:37 AM
Dear Andi, I have so enjoyed your postings. You are a real warrior and wonderful friend to all on this forum. You are in my prayers as is you SIL. Still hope for new regime to come and a miracle. Glad you are not in pain.

Love ya, Kacey

Jeanette
06-06-2007, 12:08 PM
Oh Andi, I am so sad to hear your news. You hang in there, we are all praying for a miracle for you. Blessings are sent your way, Hugs, Jeanette

naturaleigh
06-06-2007, 12:27 PM
Andi,

There has to be another answer, another type of drug that will work for you. Please don't give up the fight. Is there another oncologist you can talk to for a second opinion? I can talk to my paradigm nurse and see if she knows of the best doctor for your situation. To find the best of the best would be well worth the drive.

I am praying for you for another drug to be found and for the cancer to start withering away.

God Bless you,

Anita

Andi
06-06-2007, 12:35 PM
Adriana - no offense taken, no apology necessary.

Naturaleigh - I have checked with others, the answers are pretty much the same. Thanks for your thoughts.

Joy
06-06-2007, 12:38 PM
Andi, that wasn't the update I was hoping to hear. I just feel like there must be something else, but that is my own agenda for you. You have to be happy with what you are doing. I will still pray for a miracle and for time pain free. I love you and think of you a lot.

Mary Jo
06-06-2007, 01:11 PM
Hi Andi,

Awwwww, my heart is breaking for you. I wish I could give you a big old hug and sit and visit with you. If you'd like to e-mail me, please go right ahead. I thank you for your message to me the other day.

To comes to terms with our "life" is a journey we all are on. Often times I feel blessed to have had breast cancer and to be able to face the things we all need to face. To say the things we want or need to say. To live the life we want to live. Most importantly though, I've found it to be a time that I've HAD to trust and lean on our Lord and Savior and He is ultimately the one who holds our lives in His hands. The relationship He and I have is a special one. I thought it was special before breast cancer BUT (as I'm sure you all know) it is VERY special now. He is my ONLY constant. He is my ONLY source of Peace and Joy. True Peace and Joy. Life brings many joys - our families - our friends - our jobs BUT we all know that these things also bring heartache and troubles. Nothing in life is guaranteed.

So my dear friend...........may the true Peace and true joy surround you daily. I pray His healing Hand upon you ~ wether it be in this world or the next - none of us knows - but while we are all here may we grab each moment - cherish it - love and hang on to each other until the loving arms of Jesus hold each of us to Himself.

Much love,

Mary Jo

janet11
06-06-2007, 01:12 PM
I'm sorry you are faced with making such a decision. My thoughts and prayers are very much with you and your family.

Believe51
06-06-2007, 01:20 PM
My heart was full af sadness hearing the news today, I am so sorry. Please keep us posted with things, it will make us all feel better here knowing how you are doing and if we can help. Thank You so much for helping me to help my husband through his illness. It is people like you that have been such an asset to us. Although I am just a caregiver, you have helped me to feel like I have a purpose here. If there is anything I can do to give something back to you, please, you know where to find me. Before I go I want to say I am so glad that you have tried to do everything possible before making any decision. I am just so sorry that there are no more options for you Sweetie. How brave you are to talk so matter-of-factly,(I know that alot of time, thought & energy went into that decision) and that in itself is courageous. It will help us when the time comes to decide our options, and right now something has stopped working. We both need to know that everything has been done & all options have been explored. Thank you again for showing my husband & myself what bravery, courage, faith, and strength looks like!! You are our hero!!..>Waiting For A Miracle>Believe51...(Marie G)

Husband dx @ 50yrs 9-06 w/Stage IV Inflammatory HER2+Breast Cancer

Leslie's sister
06-06-2007, 01:24 PM
Andi,
Reading your post was so hard. I think these wonderful ladies have said it all. I will pray for a miracle for you. Nothing is impossible with our God. Please know that you have the wonderful women on this site pulling of you, praying for you. I HATE cancer.

tousled1
06-06-2007, 01:35 PM
Andi,

I'm at a loss for words. The only thing I can say is you are a very brave woman. Breast cancer is a dreadful disease and we never quite know what's in store for us. Even though we all have breast cancer, no one knows exactly what your are experiencing as we all are different. I guess the most important thing is that you are at peace with your decisison. A decision, I'm sure that took a lot of soul searching and was not easy to make. I just pray that somehow a miracle will happen. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Barbara H.
06-06-2007, 01:56 PM
Hi Andi,
You are certainly a role model for all of us because whether we have cancer or not, we all have to face this at some point in our lives. I can imagine it has been difficult for you these past few weeks and my thoughts and heart go out to you. Your bravery and willingness to share this experience with us is very admirable. I'm sure it will be helpful to me as well as others at some point.

I hope you continue to remain pain free and have some enjoyable times with your family. Again, as difficult as it is to hear this news, I thank you for keeping us informed.

Thinking of you!
Barbara H.

janet/FL
06-06-2007, 02:36 PM
Andi
Thank you for being so brave to post to us at this time. That must be very hard to do, but thanks for remembering us. In the past your posts have given such good advice. I think you are a very special, wonderful woman and I wish you the best on your journey.

rinaina
06-06-2007, 03:01 PM
sending prayers and hope your way.

Emelie
06-06-2007, 03:05 PM
I am so sorry to hear your news Andi. If there were anything I could say or do to help you I would. Miracles do happen and I will continue to pray and wish for one.
Peace be with you Andi.
Emelie

lexigirl
06-06-2007, 03:15 PM
Andi,

Please know that I am thinking of you. Such a difficult decision to be made. I am hopeful that there will be a tx for you. I also believe in miraculous healings. I pray every day for just that to be for all of us.

Love,
Lexi

chrisy
06-06-2007, 03:58 PM
Andi,

Not the update I was hoping for. I cannot imaging how difficult this is for your family, and will continue to hold you all in my prayers. thank you for helping us all in this fight.

Much love and peace to you , sister
Chris

tricia keegan
06-06-2007, 04:04 PM
Andi I just logged on and saw your post. What a dreadful decision for anyone to have to make,you had to and you have made it but I truely hate this disease as we all do and wish the situation were different for you. What you've decided to do must require so much more strength and courage than simply continuing with a tx that is having no effect. I'm so glad you have no pain and hope that continues to be the case. Like all the ladies here I respect your view on this but will still be hoping for a turn around at some point for you, whether that be a miracle, a new drug,or simply more peace of mind,I truely wish you everything you would wish for yourself and am so sorry this current tx has 'nt been sucessful. I'll be thinking of you and your family including your sister's dx and hope the situation gets better for all of you.Sorry I can't think of any advice right now other than stay as positive and brave as you are now.

Donna
06-06-2007, 04:10 PM
Hi Andi,

My prayers are going out to you and your family. Is there anything in the meantime that we as a group can do for your or your family other than pray? Let us know, we are here for you!

Love to you, Donna

mslinda
06-06-2007, 04:46 PM
Oh Andi, I am so sorry.

I will pray for you and your sister in law and other family members at least daily. Prayer does wonder things. It is so sad to hear things like this. Please know that everyone on this list are with you in spirit, with many prayers and good thoughts going for and to you.

I send you love and hugs.

Linda
S. Mississippi

Liz J.
06-06-2007, 05:03 PM
Dear Andi,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I know you have heard the old cliche "where there is life, there is hope". Please try to know that sometimes things can turn around.

Sincerely,

Liz J.

Lolly
06-06-2007, 05:49 PM
Andi, I am sorry there weren't effective chemos for you. Sometimes, in spite of everything, and all our hopes to the contrary, it's time to let go and make our peace with the world and our maker. It seems like you are well on the way to finding that place and preparing yourself and your family.
I will be keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Please don't hesitate to post whenever you need to, and we will do our best to help you along.

<3 Lolly

Becky
06-06-2007, 06:38 PM
Andi

What about weekly Abraxane with Herceptin and Avastin? Or Abraxane with Herceptin and Tykerb?

I am praying for you and thinking about you.

cafe1084
06-06-2007, 07:01 PM
Andi,
This has to be really frightening for you. I cannot completely relate, but I can speculate how it would make me feel. You are a strong woman to carry this burden on your shoulders and I will pray for you and your family. I'd love to be able to offer you more than that, but I have found since my own diagnosis that a shoulder to lean on, a hand to hold, a sympathetic ear, and a little prayer can do wonders, even if it is just for your spirit. You are in my thoughts!

Stephanie

Bev
06-06-2007, 07:06 PM
Andi, More hope and prayers for you and your sister. Bev

Sheila
06-06-2007, 07:31 PM
Andi

Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers each day....I am but a state away if there is anything I can do to help you....this awful disease is not in our hands, and we fight so hard for what has already been determined....sending you my love and hoping for a healing miracle...I want you to be at peace with no pain through all of this.

LAURIE
06-06-2007, 08:29 PM
I am encouraged by your strength. I feel real strong GIRL POWER from you!!! My heart is breaking and the prayers are coming your way.

Jean
06-06-2007, 10:11 PM
Dear Andi,

I am so sorry to hear this news...you are a very brave woman and I wish
that another treatment could be tried...please know you are in my prayers
along with your sister in law and your family.

Warmly,
Jean

Beckie
06-06-2007, 10:42 PM
Andi, I am so sorry to hear your doctors have run out of effective drugs. I am glad you are at peace with your decision and are not in pain. I hope that will continue. I think when we know where we are going, the hardest part is leaving our family behind. Knowing we will meet again gives peace, but still heartache. I am praying for you and your family, and your sister-in-law. God can still do miracles but sometimes He takes us another direction. Either way, know that He is with you.
God bless you.

Beckie

Chelee
06-07-2007, 01:21 AM
Andi, This just breaks my heart. I am at a total loss for words. How I hate this dreaded disease. I can't even imagine how truly difficult all this has been on you and your family. I am going to still pray for a miracle...they do happen. How I wish there was something I could do for you. Please know we are all here for you if there is anything we can do just let us know.

Sending you warm healing thoughts and many prayers.

Chelee

MJo
06-07-2007, 05:53 AM
Thanks for the blessing. God bless you too. Stay comfortable and I hope you can enjoy something every day. You are in my thoughts.

Andi
06-07-2007, 07:45 AM
This decision was a very hard one to make. When my cancer recurred, the labs on the new cancer showed no longer was I estrogen positive and that my her2 status was a 2+ by the one test but a 0 by Fish, so I really lost 2 of my strongest weapons. We stilled tried the herceptin and the tykerb along with the other chemos, but to no avail. My oncologist is very on top of his game and has also discussed my case with other tops in the b/c field. He was a Brinker award winner in 2002 and I believe his area was something to do with reducing the side effects of treatment. He never told me I had to stop, he said he would do whatever I wanted,but we have always had a relationship that was totally honest between us, yet he was always very sensitive and gentle. I could ask him anything and he would always give me a straight answer. He has called me once a week since I made this decision to see how I am getting along. I am still praying for a miracle but I know my time is short. If anyone has any questions at all about my situation, etc, please feel free to ask. I have always valued the openess and sharing that has taken place on this site, if I can contribute to that I would be more than happy to.

Audrey
06-07-2007, 08:04 AM
Andi, how selfless of you to think of us on this board and welcome our questions now. Are you getting hospice care? I hope you and your family are surrounded by deep peace and love. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Julie2
06-07-2007, 08:47 AM
Andi,

Please don't give up. Can you try other chemos left? Some times miracles might happen and that particular chemo might be the one which saves you. Thinking of you.

Julie

saleboat
06-07-2007, 01:13 PM
Dear Andi,

I've not really known what to write, and I'm so sorry that your journey has taken this turn. I've always wondered what I would do if faced with the challenges that you've confronted and I hope I approach it as bravely and as openly as you are.

For all the drugs that we have, now and in the pipeline, for all the pink ribbons, the truth is there is no cure for breast cancer. It breaks my heart that there aren't better answers for you.

I hope you remain painfree and that your journey, wherever it may lead you, is one that is peaceful and full of love, family and friends.

My best,
Jen

Andrea Barnett Budin
06-07-2007, 02:26 PM
Andi honey, You know I am praying for you, from Boca Fl to IOWA. I too am glad you are not in pain, and I am doing my best to call a miracle to you. We all are. Your post is remarkable. Your courage and strength, your grace and loving Spirit are self-evident to us all. I stand with you in your fight to never give up but to be free of the awful side effects while doing so. A stoic decision, and beautiful message sharing your situation w/all of us. It will remain indelibly engraved in my heart and mind. You can be a miracle. I will never stop believing that. May all our prayers be heard in your name (which is mine), so I feel extra bonded with you, my Soul Sister, my fellow warrior. Please GOD send Andi in Iowa healing NOW!!!! I send you my love and continued prayers. Please stay in touch, Andi. We all want to hear from you. Big hugs, ANDI (BB)

Kim in CA
06-07-2007, 03:08 PM
Dear Andi,

Just sending my prayers your way. I am truly humbled by your courageous spirtit and sharing with us such a difficult decision. My dear Mom has a favorite saying that she uses alot when things don't go like we wanted. It is simply, "We're not in control" . Despite our grandest efforts, we sometimes just have to give it up to God. I wil continue to pray for a miracle, and that you remain pain free.

I will pray for your sister and family too. I know it is hardest for those left behind... I have grieved more over the sudden and tragic deaths of my baby brother at age 2, and then years later my father at age 51, than I thought a person could grieve. None of us want our loved ones to feel that kind of pain. You seem to be at peace with your decision and I know that should be of some comfort to your loved ones.

Thank you for being so open with all of us,

Love Kim in Ca

vickie h
06-07-2007, 08:46 PM
Dearest Andi, May God hold you gently in his arms and breathe the breath of life into your soul and spirit. There is alot of praying for you out here in California, we will all be together someday, through the next lovingly opened door. Miracles happen every second.......Love and wamr hugs to you and your family, Vickie

IRENE FROM TAMPA
06-08-2007, 07:51 AM
Words can not express what I am feeling right now for you, but I am so happy that you are at peace with this.

I see that you are a gardener - so am I. I love being outside - one with nature.
That is a time for me when I feel the closes to God and everything beautiful.

I will pray that something will come your way and you will have that miracle.

Andrea Barnett Budin
06-08-2007, 12:59 PM
Andi, You are a hero in all our eyes. Your grace is something that should be reported on the news, it is that extraordinary. I read your last post and came across the beginning of one sentence that struck me hard. You wrote something like "I know the time I have left is short". Sweet Andi with the Spirit of a saint -- when you KNOW something, the outcome follows. It is a self-prophesizing act. Just giving you a heads up, since I am still praying for a miracle to go from the Heavens to you in Iowa and I want you to be receptive to it. I thank God you are feeling no pain, have peace and are no doubt surrounded by love (family and friends). In addition, you have the passionate prayers of all of us on this board. We are on the sidelines cheering you along, sending messages full of love and healing. Remember us, as we will never forget you and your sweetness in keeping us informed. We all care deeply. We all want to see you miraculously rally. Keep talking to your body loud and clear. Try KNOWING that many are working on sending you a miracle, to your door.

I just want to add a short story about my beloved friend Sue. She had a rare stomach ca, multiple mets, multiple surg, much chemo. She couldn't take it anymore. No chemo was working. Bld transfusns and much suffering. She was the dearest, kindest, wisest, strongest, bravest, most loving human being I've ever known. We would write love letters to ea other. She was more than sister, more than a mother to me. We adored ea other. I was heartbrkn when she decided to stop all treatment. You know me, I begged and pleaded, coached and prodded, but then backed away and respected her right to do w/her life as she chose. She kept on living for many yrs. She kept saying to me, Why am I still here? I want to go. There must be some reason why God is keeping me here. She'd moved frm Boca back to Conn. Her unmarried fifty yr old dghtr became nearly crippled w/Croyn's (?sp). Sue and her incredible, devoted husb Al tk care of Jen for well over a yr, got her back to health. They grew even closer, as Sue would sit by Jen's bedside and they would chat. Still more yrs Sue stayed w/us. Wanting to go but somehow KNOWING she was meant to stay for a while longer. She would be needed. When I got the call that she had passed on I was prepared but crumbled. I KNEW her Spirit still was, had passed on to the Spiritual Realm, and she no longer would have to fight and suffer, but I longed for comfort of her loving words. The point I want to make is, you never KNOW you have only a short time.

Richard Bloch of H&R Bloch was dx w/4th stage terminal lung ca. Given 3 mnths to live tops. Put yr affairs in order. Other oncs concurred. He decided to live anyway. He fnd an onc who put him on very aggressive chemo and he lived for over 20 yrs. He has written a bk about his exper promoting THE WILL to live and the power of your thoughts, meditation to calm and soothe and connect, the love of his wife and his inner KNOWING that he would prove those docs wrong.

Trying my best to give you positive ideas to ponder and maybe even adopt. Be alert to what you KNOW. Use it to your advantage. Stay open to the answer to all our prayers for you and a remarkable miracle to call your own. (Then you can write your own bk)! With much love, ANDI (from Boca)

Belinda
06-08-2007, 09:16 PM
Andi I am so sorry to hear the turn your health and your prognosis is taking. With everyone else here I will keep you close in my thoughts and send healing vibes your way. I hope you can keep your spirits high. This disease is not fair.

Hugs and warmest wishes - Belindaxxx

Catherine
06-08-2007, 10:17 PM
Andi,

I am praying for you as I type. This site is so wonderful to all of us. Thank you for being so brave and sharing the good and the not so good with us. Big hugs to you and your family. I too am praying for a miracle and praying for peace in many ways.

Love to you and your family, Catherine

lexigirl
06-08-2007, 10:24 PM
Andi,

Just wanting to let you know that you are in my prayers.

Lexi

Emmay
06-08-2007, 10:54 PM
Dear Andi,
Your strong and graceful spirit lights up and reaches so many people through this board, and we are all sending positive prayers to you, from so many directions... this one from Boston. God Bless You and more power to you.
Emmay

newgg
06-09-2007, 03:54 AM
It takes courage....raw courage to make such decisions. May prayers and for you and your family as you continue this journey. Just know that you can feel all the love coming your way. Some one asked about hospice and if you have contacted them. You will be amazed at all they can do for you and your loved ones. We all share so much to help each other...come back when ever you wish to feel the Warrior Woman power we are sending your way. Yes, it is in HIS hands and control it there. BUT still praying that a new chemical is right around the corner just for you.
Big Warm HUGS, Bonnie

Vanessa
06-09-2007, 07:37 AM
My heart is breaking to hear of your news. I will continue to pray for a miracle. You are truly an amazing women. I will also be praying for your family and your sister-in-law.

pattyz
06-09-2007, 12:37 PM
oh Andi...

A very hard decision to make. I know there are other chemos and combos out there for you, but the question as to quality of life and potential for success are foremost.

My sincerest hope: that whatever your remaining time is, you are surrounded by loving support and find much joy in the moments of each day.

With love and warmest hugs,
pattyz

R.B.
06-09-2007, 03:29 PM
Andi

How bravely and with what dignity you are plotting your path.

I have thought quite hard as to whether to repost these links here, and decided I would regret it if I did not in case you were not aware of them.

Thank you for sharing with us. It says a great deal about your views on Joe's board and the community that uses it.

I hope you find the light whatever your path.

RB

Re n3 Lipid infusions. QOL, cachexia, etc

http://www.her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=23104&highlight=thought+provoking
http://www.jimmunol.org/cgi/content/full/171/9/4837
http://www.joplink.net/prev/200603/200603_17.pdf

mamacze
06-09-2007, 08:44 PM
Dear Angel,
This is such a difficult time for you...How can it be that you were diagnosed in '05 and already you have run out of treatment options? Is it not enough that you are facing your own mortality head on; but that your sister, too, is struggling with similar thorns?
This crossroad for you must be excrutiating; it came on too fast...your were caught up in the throws of battle and it seems as if you ran out of ammunition...too soon! Instead of resting in the hopes and dreams that you had for your future with your children and grandchildren, you are forced to deal with a struggling and weakened body and the grief of friends and family that surround you. How are you maintaining, Andi? Is the added oxygen enough for you? Are you able to control the incessant coughing? Can you control it long enough to communicate?
Dear God, please hold Andi in the palm of your hand...comfort her, keep her pain free and fill her with peace. Stay close to her children and grandchildren; fill them with peace and help them to stay strong and loving for their mama.
Thank you Andi, for giving us the privilige of knowing you just a bit, and learning from your loving words. Stay with us if you can.
Love Kim from CT

SoCalGal
06-10-2007, 12:10 AM
Andi,
I remember when I read your message to me on Joy's thread, and wrote back asking what treatment you were on - I thought you had just not yet updated your current regime. I feel clumsy for asking, and of course, I did not realize that you stopped treatment. I respect and support your decision.

I am crying as I type this - I don't know you but you are me, and we are every woman with cancer. Although you said you were at peace, I can only imagine the sadness you are feeling. Life is so brief and in the end, it all boils down to love. The fact that you mention your family and ask for prayers for them says that you are surrounded by love. I will specifically pray for your family and also for you, to be able to remain present in each day - whatever it brings to you.
I wish you peace, strength and blessings. ~Flori

Andrea Barnett Budin
06-10-2007, 12:38 PM
KIM and FLORI have summed up what I am carrying w/me since the day we learned of your situation. All Kim's questions plague me. Her consternation clutch at me. But mostly her stated prayer for you and your family are filled w/the precise words that fill my heart and mind. Yes, I pray for a mirace to be sent to you in Iowa, not to confuse the Universe, for right now YOU are the Andi we all pray to help. I make my prayer clear and passionately several times a day.

I am hoping too of course that the oxygen is doing more than sustain you. I hope you can go to R.B.'s post. I checked out the site's he offers as -- something to hold on to and to seriously consider trying. I know you must be weak and not want to budge -- but as R.B. said it was a carefully considered choice to offer these old posts to you at this time. How could we live with ourselves if we each didn't offer all we possibly could to help you create a miracle, to assist you in becoming a miracle -- for all of us to behold, along with beloved family. Our prayers are for you and for them. And, admittedly, we each would be buoyed by witnessing a miracle. The loving energy of every one of us is out in the ethers and pointed at YOU. May you feel all that love, and may you find an answer even the brightest of doctors hasn't thought of. It wouldn't be the first time I heard of such a thing.

Parents of a young child who was dying of a rare illness went from doctor to test to doctor to test. Then they googled and googled and found a little know answer that turned out to save their child's life!

Please click on R.B.'s sites and then GOOGLE away -- you, or your family. For me, my Paul did all the goggling, as I focused all my energy on absorbing all the love and prayers that went sent to me and in my name. I concentrated on healing and informing my body it better get going, in no uncertain terms. I feel sure you are doing the same. Check out R.B.'s sites listed in the above post and let your family google and get you back on track. Please God -- stay w/ANDI in Iowa! Guide her Spirit. Carry our love and prayers to her. We have all come to know this woman of grace and courage and we are all touched profoundly by her struggle. As someone above this post said, ANDI -- YOU ARE ME AND WE ARE EVERY WOMAN WITH CANCER. We stand by your side, even from thousands of miles away. With my love and prayers, ANDI (BB)

Believe51
06-11-2007, 05:49 AM
Thinking of you and sending our loving prayers!!>>Waiting For A Miracle>>Believe51..(Marie G)

Andi
06-11-2007, 10:22 AM
RB - are there any supplements that would provide the right amount of omega 3's? I don't each a lot and not everything sounds good to me. I you could condense your links for me and make some suggestions in lay terms, I would appreciate it as my concentration is shortened because I tire so easily.

Andrea - nice picture.

SoCalGal
06-11-2007, 11:20 AM
Hi Andi,

I take Pro Omega - high concentration, Pharmaceutical grade, molecularly distilled omega 3 fish oil.

I take (2) per day among a bunch of other pills - have been on a dairy free, gluten free diet and also on many supplements and acupuncture program for about 4 weeks under an MD at UCLA.

Most of my pills are from Douglas Laboratories. www.douglaslabs.com (http://www.douglaslabs.com)

The Pro Omega happens to be from Nordic Naturals. www.nordicnaturals.com (http://www.nordicnaturals.com)

I buy it all at the Campus Pharmacy - I don't see the exact bottle I buy on their website. The stuff is pricey - $59.95 for a bottle of 120. Worth mentioning is that I have a horrible stomach and NONE of these bother me - a miracle in itself. Infact, my gastro probs are all but gone since beginning this regime. (Not counting the side effects of ty/xe which is improved).

If you need me to send you anything just say the word. Good to see you posting. With prayers and some of my strength your way, Flori

SoCalGal
06-11-2007, 12:36 PM
PS ANDI

I tried to email you with my phone number - the mail was bounced back. If you need me to buy you anything and overnight it - send me an email: flori@adelphia.net
and I will reply with my phone number and do whatever you need.

Believe51
06-11-2007, 01:18 PM
Wanted to send some love your way & remind you that you are in our prayers. My thoughts of you surround me, you have taught me so much and I thank you. I am so content knowing you are fine with these tough realizations. My husband sometimes scares me talking about what is or may be happening with him, but the feeling only lasts a moment. My feelings then turn and I realize he is preparing me and others for the inevitable. When I look at Sandy, my husband, YOU and my other girls....I come to my own realizations: That I am so very blessed to have even been able to love you all, to learn about the humanitity that is not taught in school. Thank you for your wonderful posts, we look forward to seeing more. Until we talk again, remember you are in our continued thoughts and prayers and that there is where you will stay. Wishing the best.>>Believe51..(Marie G)

Ruth
06-12-2007, 07:29 AM
Andi,

For all you have done
for all the gifts you have given
For the love you have shown
in the life we are living.....
I thank you
with the whole of
my heart.

-Andrew Tawney

Peace & love,