PDA

View Full Version : Asking for Prayers for a dear friend

tousled1
06-05-2007, 06:06 AM
A very dear friend of mine, Jim, was admitted to the hospital for shortness of breath. Appears that he has some sort of lung infection, but unfortunately he is not responding to the antibiotics. No history of cancer of any sort and at this point the doctor's have done a biopsy of which the initial report came back clear. Now waiting for the full report. He's been on oxygen for a week and late last night he developed a severe coughing spell and stopped breathing. The doctors were afraid that he might have punctured a lung so they had to incubate him. After incubating him, they put him in a drug induced coma. I spoke with his wife, Becki, this morning and the doctors are not offering much encouragement/hope. Jim is the sweetest man I have ever met and has always been there for me through thick and thin. He is in Virginia where I moved from and at this point I just am not physically able to make the trip up to see him. I did speak to him on Saturday and he was very cheerful and positive. I strongly believe in the power of prayer and am asking my sisters/brothers here to please keep him in your prayers. Thank you so much.

Sheila
06-05-2007, 07:10 AM
Kate

I will remember your friend in my prayers...I know the pain you are going through as I am dealing with my best friends illness....she is still hanging on by a thread....each day I go to spend time with her and wonder if she'll be there the next day....you and your friend are in my prayers for a miraculous turnaround....the induced coma may let things heal a bit faster.....sending you a big hug at this difficult time.

lexigirl
06-05-2007, 07:40 AM
Kate,

Lifting up Jim in prayer. The unknown is scary. I am hopeful that his dr.s will diagnosis his ailment and be able to treat him effectively.

Hugs and Prayers,
Lexi

Mary Jo
06-05-2007, 08:56 AM
Hello Kate,

Prayers for Jim are heavenbound. May God's Peace and healing be present.

Mary Jo

Jean
06-05-2007, 09:04 AM
Kate,

Done, will include Jim in my prayers...Sorry to hear that your dear friend is
so sick...let's pray hard and think positive thoughts.

Hugs,
Jean

Believe51
06-05-2007, 11:02 AM
I will keep your special friend in my prayers and together my hubby & I will continue to pray. Your job is to keep us posted with the recovery process. It is so difficult to see someone you love like that go through hard health issues. And how generous YOU, the other women here and my sick husband are; to put aside all of your individual issues and be concerned for others (I know, life still goes on, but do not take away the credit you deserve). Although I have always been a loving, considerate and compassionate person, this site and the wonderful people here have made me even a better person, a stronger person, I am enriched. Thanks for being you, I am so glad you are in my life!!! >Waiting For A Miracle...Believe51...(Marie G)

Husband dx 9/06 w/Inflammatory HER2+ Breast Cancer...Oh my little Angel

Chelee
06-05-2007, 03:02 PM
Kate, I am so sorry to hear about your friend. I will definitely add Jim to my prayers. Positive thoughts going out for a speedy recovery.

Chelee

RobinP
06-05-2007, 06:45 PM
An extra prayer by YOUR request, certainly.

Adriana Mangus
06-05-2007, 07:38 PM
Kate: You know you can count on us..Me too, I believe in miracles...

I will definitely keep Jim in my prayers.

Believe51
06-12-2007, 08:07 AM
Checking in on your friend and yourself. How are you doing??..>Believe51..(Marie G)

tousled1
06-12-2007, 11:01 AM
I want to thank everyone for their prayers. My dear friend Jim is still in ICU on a resperator. I spoke to his wife and the biopsy from Sloan Kettring shows that he has a very rare fom of pneumonia -- can't remember the name. He will remain on the resperator for another week and if there is still no improvement, he will be taken off and a tracheotomy (spelling?) will be done since the doctor said they can only keep him on the respirator for a max of 2 weeks. He is very heavily sedated and is getting 89% oxygen. Hopefully the antiobiotics will kick in soon.

vickie h
06-14-2007, 07:25 PM
Dear Kate, Your friend Jim is in my prayers and you also. Much love, Vickie

Bev
06-14-2007, 08:39 PM
Kate,

I had a friend w/ pnuemonia that went thru the same series of events. I have to say no one thought she would recover, and if she did she might be impaired. I guess it's not a large percentage who recover after ventilator. Happily my friend has recovered almost fully. There's hope. Another prayer for your friend. Bev