PDA

View Full Version : Completed Herceptin this evening...

Jean
05-16-2007, 06:10 PM
Dear Sisters,
Many thanks to all of you for your support, guidance and humor to guide me
through the year of herceptin.

This year went by so fast...and I have learned so much (thanks to this
forum) I must say that we are all so lucky to have each other and this
site.

Big Hugs and Kisses to Joe and Christine!
Jean

Chelee
05-16-2007, 06:36 PM
Jean, Big Congratulations! Its so amazing how you first start your chemo and herceptin treatments and you imagine how long it will take to get through all of it. But it sure goes by faster then one imagines...doesn't it. :) I am glad you have this all behind you. Many wonderful wishes for a long happy road dancing with NED by your side. (Hope your hubby isn't the jealous type.) lol :) Go celebrate a bit...you certainly deserve it girl.

Chelee

Mary Jo
05-16-2007, 06:45 PM
I'm happy for you that your herceptin is finished. Life goes on...................enjoy each and every day.

Love & hugs,

Mary Jo

Joe
05-16-2007, 06:50 PM
Jean,

I hope you won't be leaving us. We have plans for you.

Regards
Joe

Jean
05-16-2007, 08:07 PM
Ever!

Hugs,
Jean

Jean
05-16-2007, 08:17 PM
When I finished my herceptin my onc nurses all came out with a balloon
which read "YOU DID IT" Congratulations....

When my husband an I arrived home we went out back with my family.
I made a wish for all of us and released the balloon. My large American
Bulldog was leaping in the air to catch it as it started to rise. A good strong
wind lifted the balloon and off it flew. As you all know when you make a wish you have to keep it secret ....but you all can guess what it was.

Hugs,
Jean

rinaina
05-16-2007, 08:29 PM
Congratulations, so happy for you! Stay well.

caya
05-16-2007, 08:53 PM
Congrats Jean on this big accomplishment. I am starting Herceptin in 3 weeks, it's nice to hear from someone who has actually finished!

May you dance with NED for years and years...

All the best
Caya

Jean
05-16-2007, 09:20 PM
Caya...

Good Luck to you also...the herceptin is easy to do and if you have any questions just reach out. Are you taking CoQ 10? If not you may wish
to consider as you are taking your treatments.

Regards,
Jean

DonnaD
05-16-2007, 09:31 PM
Jean,
A big day for both of us. Thanks for your post.

Congrats and enjoy your freedom.
Donna

Mary Anne in TX
05-17-2007, 05:12 AM
Yippee!I am can't wait to celebrate my own finish!!!!
ma

Andi
05-17-2007, 06:13 AM
Congratulations Jean - It is such a great milestone. Here's wishing you all of the best going forward!

Emelie
05-17-2007, 06:13 AM
Congratulations Jean on a HUGE accomplishment. Ditto Mary Anne!

May all your dreams come true!
Emelie

suzan w
05-17-2007, 08:09 AM
Congratulations Jean...you fought hard for that herceptin!!! What kind of follow up screenings are you going to be doing??? Hey...I think I just saw that big balloon go floating past!!!

Jean
05-17-2007, 09:58 AM
Oh Suzan, I hope you did see it!

My onc. plans on seeing me in 3 months for follow up.
At that time he said he will do exam, tumor markers (he did them before I left last night) and he does not believe in scans unless there is a reason.
But I do go in for CT chest scan in July to watch that small node on lung
which we have been watching for the past two yrs. No Change....on it
thank God...and who knows how long that has been there.

Just had a digital mammorgram last week and all was NED.
Also will have an MRI in 6 months.

THAT'S ALL FOLKS... :)

Big Hugs to all,
Jean

Becky
05-17-2007, 02:22 PM
Congratulations Jean!!!!!!!

It does seem like yesterday when you were on the prowl to get treatment......and now its done and the cancer is surely gone!!!

The balloon must have traveled long and far yesterday. I got rained out of Newark and had to land in Cincinnati for the night. Just got home now. I'm sure our Canadian friends saw your balloon today.

Love and kisses to you.

Patb
05-17-2007, 03:03 PM
Congratulations Jean

I feel so lucky that as Stage I we have the opportunity to take Herceptin and
I will be finished in November. Take care and enjoy.
patb

caya
05-17-2007, 05:47 PM
I will ask my onc. about taking the CoQ 10 while on Herceptin. I am scheduled for another MUGA scan the week before the loading dose of Herceptin ( JUne 7th) - I had one in January before I started chemo, it was good.

Thanks again,
Caya

janet11
05-17-2007, 06:19 PM
Congrats, Jean, on the NED scan and on finishing a full year of Herceptin! And thanks again for being SO helpful to me with info on TCH.

RhondaH
05-17-2007, 08:29 PM
Now for you to relax and enjoy MANY, MANY, MANY more years! God bless and Take care. BIG huggs

Rhonda

tousled1
05-21-2007, 07:01 PM
Jean,

Congratulations on completing your year of Herceptin. I just finished mine April 22nd.

Susan McQ
05-31-2007, 03:54 PM
Congratulation!!

I'll be joining your status in 2 weeks.

Susan

harrie
05-31-2007, 11:55 PM
Jean,

A huge congratulations, hugs, and kisses to you. I am so happy for you that you did it all!! I didn't realize you had this thread going until tonight. I absolutely LOVE that story about the balloon. Thank you for being there for me too. You have made a huge difference in my ability to hang in the positively.

Harrie

LAURIE
06-01-2007, 08:32 AM
Yahoo to you!! I am excited for the day when I can post a message like that!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

RobinP
06-01-2007, 09:52 PM
Good going and yipee.

Adriana Mangus
06-02-2007, 12:01 AM
Dear Robin:

It's unvelievable that nothing could detect your cancer. A friend of mine has had for about 8 months nipple discharge and a bump on the nipple area, she had an ultrasound and the needle biopsy, (I believe you had the needle biopsy done, right?); she was diagnosed as having fibrosis of the breast, but I doubt it very much, I have read and have witnessed so many cases that I do not trust these diagnostic tools anymore. I'm not sure if I should say something to my friend; who in the first place went to the doctor at me insisting, she's the type that believes that the less one knows, nothing bad can happen.

She' sbeen scheduled to go back for a check up in three months; she has about 1 1/2 months until the appointment, so maybe I will wait, I really do not want to intrude in her affairs. Again, she does not want to know anything; if is going to be bad news. SHe's very apprehensive even about small things.

I'm honestly very happy for you. What a shock this must have been for you and your husband, considering you both are in the medical field.

I'm also glad you continue being a member of this site, even though you now are considered "cancer free". CONGRATULATIONS on your 5th year mark!

With much love,

sdhaem
06-02-2007, 04:44 PM
What does coQ10 do for you...??

Believe51
06-07-2007, 07:30 AM
Great Job Sweetness, we will have you in our prayers as always.>>Waiting For A Miracle>>Believe51..(Marie G)

9-06 Hubby dx w/Stage IV inflammatory Breast Cancer w/bone mets

RobinP
06-07-2007, 04:36 PM
Adriana Mangus, thank you for your post above about my story. I'm so glad that God has protected me and given me the precious time he has on earth, despite my delayed diagnosis. You see, I had a negative ultrasound, mammogram, so called negative breast exam and so called benign needle biopsy. After my misdiagnosis, I learned that my needle biopsy was misread as benign when it was cancerous. Additionally, probably my breast ultrasound and physical breast exam were misread as normal when they were suspicous and positive for cancer too. My surgeon made horrible mistakes and should have done a core or excisional biopsy, as they are more reliable than a fine needle aspirate biopsy.

I would tell your friend to get a second surgical opinion and at least two pathology opinions on any biopsies as soon as possible. You may want to let her know that core and excisional biopsies are much more reliable than fine needle aspirate biopies. However, no biopsy is reliable if the person getting the specimen does not get tissue from the lump and the pathologist is unable to examine tissue taken from the lump itself. Furthermore, not only do sampling errors occur, but pathologists can and do misread properly sampled breast biopsy slides.

While it MAY not be wrong for a doctor to suggest that a lump be followed for a short time to see if it resolves, if a lump persists, it should be removed, or at the very least have a repeat biopsy. Needle biopsies are good, but one always has the option to demand that the mass be removed, which in my opinion ,after being screwed, is the safest path.

You may also referr your friend to this website:
http://www.2m (http://www.2minutebreastexam.com/true-stories/)inutebreastexam.com/true-stories/ (http://www.2minutebreastexam.com/true-stories/)

Give my story too to your friend:

<o></o>