PDA

View Full Version : Disappointment and concernEF keeps dropping

kari
05-15-2007, 05:07 PM
Had my second MUGA done last week, and just got results today. My baseline EF last Sept was 55% and by my first post-Herceptin MUGA in Feb, EF had dropped to 54%. Now I'm at 50%, and the report notes "subtle changes and mild degree of deterioration". I imagine at my next Herceptin treatment my doctor will discuss the ramifications of the changes. I am hoping they won't have to stop treatments (I'm half-way done), but I also don't want to have any further deterioration. I am currently taking 200mg CoQ10 daily--is this enough?

Joe
05-15-2007, 06:38 PM
Kari,

It is best to have your MUGA done a day or two before your Herceptin treatment.

Try to be consistant as recent Herceptin treatment will skew the test.

Regards
Joe

kari
05-17-2007, 05:37 AM
Joe,
Thanks for the reply. Actually, my last MUGA was the later the same day as a Herceptin treatment. I had called beforehand to make certain there were no issues with having them both done on the same day, and was assured there was no problem. I will be discussing the results with the doctor at my next Herceptin treatment, and perhaps she will order a MUGA sooner than the normal three-month period.
Hopefully you are right in that the results may be skewed due to a recent treatment!
Thanks for this wonderfully awesome site! It is a real blessing to us all.
Take care.

dede10
05-17-2007, 07:36 AM
My results have ranged from 60-45 in the past 4 yrs. At 45 he was concerned, but did not pull me of. The next one was 54, and my latest was 58.... My lowest times seem to be when I am doing both the chemo & herceptin.