PDA

View Full Version : Remember when?

Mary Jo
05-14-2007, 04:06 AM
Good Morning everyone,
Remember when I had my pet/ct scan at the end of Dec.? Body was clear but a lymph node lit up in my left armpit. (breast cancer was right) - Onc. thought it was nothing and advised me doing nothing BUT I did not follow her advice. Went in and had an ultra sound of that armpit - surgeon looked at pic and both radiologist and surgeon stood there looking at it heeing and hawing around. We opted for no biopsy as it was inconclusive and I really didn't want a needle stuck in my arm pit. Now, 4 months later (this Wed. the 16th) I am having the pit ultrasounded again. To see if there was any change. The thinking from my surgeon was that I had a prophylactic mastectomy on left side 10 months prior to Pet/Ct. They think possibly the node/s were still reactive but not sure. They are confident it was a false positive as was I HOWEVER now that Wednesday is fast approaching I am nervous.

So, please pray for Peace and Strength for me from our Lord and a good result.

Thanks friends,

Mary Jo

P.S. Brief summary - had PET/CT at dx (June 2005) - other than right breast clean - did the chemo rad. etc. Onc. doesn't do scans - (for this reason she said) - rad dr. here in my city said I could have one (wish I wouldn't have) and everything fine but the question of lit up node. Now need to follow through.

Andi
05-14-2007, 06:16 AM
My prayers are with you that this will prove to be nothing. (I'm sure it will).

Erin
05-14-2007, 07:56 AM
I will be thinking of you and hoping for the most positive outcome. Big hugs from SoCal :-)

Odette
05-14-2007, 08:31 AM
Dear Mary Jo,

yes, yes, we pray and hope that it is nothing especially in the opposite armpit.
It was proactive on your part to do the ultrasound and have the surgeon look at it. Should it light up this time, I would definitely have it biopsied. It really hardly hurts at all and you would feel relieved either way, if neg - great, if pos - get it treated immediately.

I had biopsies of the axilla and the neck and even those were worth it so I'm not wondering what it is.

Hugs and prayers,

Odette

Leslie's sister
05-14-2007, 09:35 AM
Marejo:

I am praying for peace, strength and good news on the 16th!

Lisa

Becky
05-14-2007, 06:37 PM
You're going to be just fine. You heard it here first!!!!!! The node only lit up alittle because it was missing your boob and wanted alittle attention.

Mary Jo
05-14-2007, 06:55 PM
Hahahahahahaha! Thanks Becky. I'll be holding you too that statement. J/K! I know it will all be fine - WELL - at least I'm hoping it will. Will be happy when Wednesday morning is over.

:-)

Mary Jo

TriciaK
05-14-2007, 07:18 PM
I'll be watching for your post after Wednesday, as I'm sure we all will. Sending you prayers and positive vibes and hugs! Tricia

Sheila
05-16-2007, 05:28 AM
Mary Jo

I am thinking of you today and hoping all is good news...you will be in my thoughts and prayers that the node is just an attention getter....like Becky said, missing your boob.!