PDA

View Full Version : Should I be concerned?

Liz J.
05-12-2007, 07:15 PM
Hi Her2 family,

First of all, Happy Mother's Day to all. Whether you are a mother, aunt, godmother, adopted mother by someone who adopted you, mom of pet or whomever and the list goes on and on, all the ladies on this site are moms in some way. I have one human son and two canine daughters so that is that. I have a concern that hopefully is nothing but just checking in to see if anyone has had a similar experience. For the last 2/3 weeks I have been developing a small pea sized cluster of what I think??? may be lymph nodes just below base of hair line (back of neck) on right side only. Sometimes feel larger (as I am sure you know I keep feeling them). The area is not red or inflamed but does get really itchy from time to time. Have been off chemo (CAF) since 9/05 and finished Herceptin 1/07. Have been taking Arimidex since 10/05. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz J.

Lolly
05-12-2007, 08:03 PM
Hi Liz,

Thanks for the Mother's Day wishes, and the same to you :)

It's always wise to use the "2 week" rule; anything unusual or painful should be checked out by your oncologist, emphasis on oncologist. I realize that some insurance plans require one to be referred, but your onc's office can handle that by fax even after the fact. If you have a concern about something that may be recurrence, it's best to see your onc.

It's an odd place to develop bumps, so I'd get it checked out.

<3 Lolly