PDA

View Full Version : Dosage of Abraxane.

Ragini
05-10-2007, 05:14 AM
Hi,
Abraxane has finally come to singapore and am thinking of swithing over from Taxotere to Abraxane. I am a heavily treated metastatic patient and have been on various multi chemo regimens for the last seven yrs without seeimg any remission. I am currently on a 2 week on and one week off regimenn and can just about ma thru my 2nd week.

My onco tells me that it may not be possible to be on a 2 week on and one week off regimen for abraxane. The norm is to give it once in three weeks. I do not know whether I will survive the dosage. Could some of you pl let me know if
you are on a 3 week or 2 week protocol and what dosage and pattern of side effects are. Your responses are really valuable as it will definitely help make my decesion to go for Abraxane or not. With lots of hugs.

Ragini

Becky
05-10-2007, 05:51 AM
The best dose for Abraxane is the weekly doseage versus the every three week dose. When I get home, I will have more time to hunt for the trial that shows this. Won't be until tonight.

StephN
05-10-2007, 10:19 AM
Hi Ragini -

Nice to hear from you again.
Wanted to let you know that my friend was on Abraxane last year and started on weekly doses and then added Avastin (stopping the Herceptin) when the scans showed she was responding to the Abraxane. She is in her mid 70's and has had a few months of remission, which she had not had in a long time on other treatments.

I sure hope that you can get some results now!

Yorkiegirl
05-10-2007, 11:18 AM
I had 4 Dose Dense of Abraxane after I had finished my 4 Dose Dense of AC. Then went right into having weekly Herceptin for a year.

Lolly
05-10-2007, 12:04 PM
Hi Ragini, it's good to "see" you again :)
I just started weekly Abraxane 3 weeks ago, and haven't felt too bad. It can cause nausea so I'm given Zofran prior to the Abraxane and so far have had no trouble other than my stomach feeling "funny" the night of treatment, slight headace for a couple of days, and tiredness. The Zofran causes constipation but that's manageable too. I can honestly say it's been pretty easy so far.

Hope this helps, to know there are other protocols besides the 3 weekly!

<3 Lolly