PDA

View Full Version : Anyone STILL waiting for Tykerb in mail?

hutchibk
05-10-2007, 12:17 AM
I don't know what the hold-up is, but my nurse advocate/patient assistant is about to go ballistic on GSK! [CORRECTION: GSK is innocent here... it is the distributing pharmacy, McKesson, who are the problem] They have been giving her the run around since Tuesday May 1, when they cheerfully told her I was approved for their free program. Since then, they have had her on a treadmill of faxing in the prescription several times, telling her they didn't get it, they did get it, they didn't get it, they did get it.... and then telling her that it was sitting in the pharmacy waiting to ship, but that it wouldn't go out Monday, or yesterday, or today because it was too late in the day (11 AM is too late in the day? 3 days in a row?)... and that they would call me to confirm address for shipping for 3 days in a row, yet no calls from them yet! I am about to figure out where they are located and picket outside their office. This is silly. And of course, I can't call for myself, they will only talk to my advocate...

Ideas anyone?

Carolyns
05-10-2007, 07:37 AM
Hi,

I am sorry I don't have any advise. I hope you get your meds soon.

Love, Hope, and Peace,

Carolyns

Jean
05-10-2007, 08:02 AM
Brenda,

I am just taking a shot here....Your nurse who is her superior? (no reflection on her) but she needs someone with clout to get in involved. Can the cancer or hosptial administrator get involved....or social services? It is time for her to get administration involved...it is a crime that you have to endure this.

Maybe you could contact your nurse's superior and tell them she is doing
all she can...but you want your meds. There must be higher ups that can
get involved. It is just not acceptable that they promised they have shipped
and it is not done. I get so annoyed when I hear these things.

I do not know about this free trial...but could you contact the drug company
that is supporting it and explain what is going on and perhaps they will
get involved - or have a resource dept. that can jump in - I would think they would care enough that their drug is not getting to the patient. I don't know what else to recommend, other than that I wish I knew more to be of greater
help to you. Please keep us updated.

Regards,
Jean

Joe
05-10-2007, 08:59 AM
Brenda,

I sent you an email of someone at GSK who may help.

Regards
Joe

hutchibk
05-10-2007, 08:11 PM
Thanks Joe... my advocate has been in touch with Cathy today. She is very interested in what has transpired this week. I must make a factual correction, though. It is NOT GSK who has been dragging their feet and making empty promises... it is McKesson, the pharmacy who fills the Tykerb orders. Cathy at GSK is hoping to clean up the process and hold their feet to the fire. Apparently this is not the first instance. She wants to help make this more efficient for all who will benefit from Tykerb in the future.

Joy
05-11-2007, 07:46 AM
McKesson is the pharmacy that I'm supposed to go through IF I ever figure out how to pay for this med. So I'm grateful for the forewarning.

hutchibk
05-11-2007, 10:52 AM
I called McKesson many times yesterday because I was on the warpath. I wanted confirmation that they REALLY were sending it out yesterday. I must admit, for the most part, their enthusiasm for friendly help and customer service is sadly lacking. My queries most times were met with sighs and a "Why are you bothering me?" attitude. Finally at 4:50 pm someone called me back and said it had been shipped. I woke up this morning very skeptical, so I called again, to hopefully get a tracking number. The first call was met with "the attitude" and I was promptly transferred (oh, I got transferred and transferred yesterday, the buck was passed like a football in the superbowl) to the shipping dept where I left a message, knowing that they would not call back. The second call, an hour later, I recognized the voice of the woman who answered because it was cheery. I heard that voice only once yesterday, in a sea of otherwise monotone voices. Her name was Tassy and she was sweet and wonderful. She did what no-one else could manage to do... she typed my name into her computer and voila! all of my info, tracking number, etc popped on her screen and she gave me my info with love and joy in her voice. I highly suggest you try and ask for her if you run into problems with them. Their number is 1 888 456 7274.

hutchibk
05-11-2007, 11:30 AM
Fed-ex just knocked on my door. I got my Tykerb!!

Squeaky wheel gets the grease!

Lolly
05-11-2007, 12:01 PM
Yeah Brenda!!!

<3 Lolly

Sandy H
05-11-2007, 01:56 PM
Brenda, such wonderful news! Been there done that with Tykerb myself so I felt exactly what you were going through. I am glad it is here and you can get on with your treatment. Like I told them, "no one understands until they have walked or lived in our shoes". Sending you a big hug it will be a successful treatment for you. Sandy

Carolyns
05-11-2007, 02:29 PM
At long last! That is great news, you made my weekend!

Love, Hope, and Peace,

Carolyns