PDA

View Full Version : Just got results to PET/CT scans...

Chelee
05-09-2007, 10:30 PM
Its been 15 months since DX and I just had my 6 month PET/CT scan. I had to see my pulmonary for another reason so I was sneaky and asked him how my lungs looked on my scans I JUST had the day before? (He had no idea no one told me the results yet.) hahaha Or I would of HAD to WAIT another week to find out. My onc likes to stress me out.

So my pulmonary has them in his hot little hands and says, "Well he says to start off it says there is NO evidence of metastatic disease". (Oh what a RELIEF that was to hear.) I am so glad I had an appt with my pulmonary because I would of HAD to wait for the results another week. Now I can relax and enjoy some. :) I even asked for copies of the PET/CT. So now my onc WON'T have any idea I already have the reports. I will PLAY DUMB when I go in and act like she is telling me for the first time. lol (Not to bore anyone...I am just happy about a little good news for a change.)

Chelee

Mary Jo
05-10-2007, 03:59 AM
That's wonderful Chelee. Relax and enjoy this bright spot on your journey.

Mary Jo

skeetur
05-10-2007, 05:14 AM
Fantabulous news, Chelee!

lilyecuadorian
05-10-2007, 05:32 AM
congratulations !!!

Marie G
05-10-2007, 05:58 AM
I am so happy to hear about your good news. I just posted a ? yesterday about how scared we are to get my husband's petscan on Friday. Again, bad or good we cannot wait to find out. He will read postings today and even before I tell him your scans were good, he will have already told me the news. We love visiting here with all you special people and get happy with the good news and say extra prayers when they are bad. Hang in there Girl, we'll be right here for ya!! Lots of Love>>>Waiting For A Miracle>>Marie G

suzan w
05-10-2007, 08:02 AM
That is great news indeed!!! You have a wonderful weekend!!!

Jean
05-10-2007, 08:10 AM
It has been a long wait to hear such good news...good for you!
Now do something nice for yourself and enjoy!

So Happy for you.
Jean

Margerie
05-10-2007, 08:43 AM
Chelee- so happy for you! We are two peas in a pod. Last year I had a brain MRI (no symptoms, but wanted to know) and a PET the next day. When they went to go get something at the PET appointment, I saw my chart just sitting there with the MRI results- so I peaked and found out my brain was unremarkable!! Phew.

Anyway, my diagnostic center always gets the results to my onc the morning after the PET and he calls me right away. I can't imagine waiting a week- one day I was a mess. I just had one last week (19 months since dx) and it was also clear!

I hope you get your drain out soon- did it say anything about that on the scan?
Like he left a pair of hemostats in there?

And Marie, I hope your hubby gets some good, timely results too. Can you guys do something distracting this weekend? Hugs to you both.

Barbara2
05-10-2007, 09:53 AM
Great news, Chelee! We all know the feeling; a huge burdon has been lifted!

Congrats!!!

Becky
05-10-2007, 10:24 AM
Great news Chelee!!!!!

Vanessa
05-10-2007, 12:39 PM
Always glad to hear good news.

Emelie
05-10-2007, 12:56 PM
Good new is always the best kind to share.
Thanks

tousled1
05-10-2007, 01:01 PM
Great news Chelee! I feel bad for you that you just couldn't call up your oncologist and get the results. But, at any reat you do have the results so go celebrate

Chelee
05-11-2007, 06:14 PM
Thanks to each and everyone of you for the kind words. Its such a relief to get the all clear as you all know.

Margerie I see your as bad as I am. I mean WHY wait when you can find out right now if you are QUICK enough. That's pretty good that you had a chance to grab your chart when the doc walked away. I know I sure would have...after all...it is YOUR chart techically. :) Way to go Margerie! Congratulations on your clean scans last week. Fantastic!

As to my drain, it will be 61 DAYS as of this coming Monday. (Ridiculous.) I see my surgeon then and I fully expect it to be pulled. Although I am almost at 30cc's already today and its just a bit after 6:00 PM. As a matter of fact my scans DID mention my drain in there. I had to laugh when you asked if it showed a pair of hemostats in there. haha Had I NOT had the scans...I would of started to think of something like that. lol (Too funny.)

Chelee

dede10
05-12-2007, 07:40 AM
The PET center used to fax my PET/CT results to me, because I argued that they were mine...but, due to their new interpretation of HIPPA, I can't get them anymore, unless I get them from my doc's office.....and you know what that means :(

LindaC
05-14-2007, 11:42 AM
Congraulations!!!Keep the good work up,And enjoy life.
LindaC

Andrea Barnett Budin
05-14-2007, 12:14 PM
A Mitzvah is a truly virtuous, kind, considerate, ethical deed. Sharing is so beautiful. I am so happy to hear good news. But, I must wonder out loud, if I may. I cannot tolerate waiting for results. My husband is even worse when it comes to me. I INSIST ON GETTING SAME DAY RESULTS. I schedule all tests -- 1st appt, to facilitate this. I call the docs office as soon as I return home to remind them my husband and I are waiting by the phone w/bated breath. I have befriended the docs' Assistant. She understands this is the only time I am out of my mind. If I don't hear by 4PM, I call again, because I know the Imaging Center closes at the stroke of 5PM and you cannot contact them until the next day. If my husband goes out to run errands he hangs by his cell. He calls me, Did they call yet? No, I always say. I promise I will call you the minute they call me. When they call and tell me I am STABLE, I just blurt out. THANK YOU. I LOVE YOU... Then my finger clicks off and I start dialing Paul. He answers on the first ring, anxiously, I tell him STABLE right off. No time for fun and games. He starts to cry w/relief. Thank God. Good. Call the kids. When he comes home he emails every one he knows and loves. I get copies of every single test ever taken and every report written. If no report is issued, I request one. I compare, w/a layman's eye for details.

IT WAS ME WHO PICKED UP MY METAST INTO THE LIVER, USING THIS METHOD. The doc told me on the phone, just after my every 3 mnth comprehensive bld workup that my liver enzymes were "slightly elevated, but very slightly". What does that mean? "I wouldn't worry about it." 3 mnths ltr exact same conversation. I was starting to worry. #s should be consistent, or they indicate an issue. 3 mnths later when I had the absolutely same conversation, I asked for a "liver sonogram". I don't even know where that came from! Well, I guess I could substantiate that. I'll write a scrip... The rest is history. The radiol at the sono apologized but had to send me for a CT because he couldn't be certain what he was looking at. The CT saw multiple tumors in the liver. Then I returned for a liver biop and was virtually pronounced a dead woman walking. 4th stage invasive lobular carcinoma + 2 nodes ( Age 50 -- '95 mastec, tram flap reconst Adria + CMF). Now HER2+ 80% as they put it in '98. WHAT YOU HAVE IS INOPERABLE, INCURABLE AND YOU WILL BE ON LONG TERM CHEMOTHERAPY FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. I was devastated. But I got it together. Oversaw every step of my care. Did Taxotere for 9 mnths, till I dropped. Started Herceptin in Nov. '98 and have been on ever since. And I'm proud and grateful with every single day.

My point -- don't wait. Get answers as soon as is humanly possible. Don't go on a Fri. I did that once and due to mixups had to wait the entire wknd. Paul and I were besides ourselves. Be good to yourself. Get copies of everything. Micromanage the hell out of your story. No one cares more about you than you. Sending you LOVE and CONGRATULATIONS and THANKS for sharing your good news! ANDI

chrisy
05-14-2007, 09:04 PM
Great news, Chelee!!!!!!!!