PDA

View Full Version : Relay for Life

Stephanie B.
05-07-2007, 03:43 PM
My town just had our annual Relay for Life. We raised over $1.5 Million and are still counting. This is the first year I have been involved and it was amazing. To be there to walk the Survivors Lap with all of those people - I think we had about 2000 Survivors there. This year I only did the survivors walk, but next year I plan on being more involved with a team. The total attendance was about 10,000 and to see that many people out there fighting for such a great cause is awesome.

Stephanie B.

LAURIE
05-07-2007, 03:59 PM
H.O.P.E. That's what relay gives to me!!!My local one is June 7th.

KellyA
05-07-2007, 07:28 PM
Hi there!

This Friday is our Relay for Life. A friend and I formed a team and we have recruited 38 people so far to walk. This will be my first one and I am very excited! The theme is a movie theme (is it the same for everyone?) and we are the "Steel Magnolias" (for STRONG SOUTHERN WOMEN!!!! :-) ). We will have a tent with southern food and a red armadillo cake. Our colors are blush and bashful (pink for breast cancer) and I have nominated my mother in law to be WEEZA! hee hee

I have heard so many wonderful things about this event and really do look forward to it!

Love, Kelly

Tricia
05-07-2007, 10:16 PM
Hello Stephanie... was your relay for life in Bakersfield?

juanita
05-09-2007, 03:39 PM
One of our local Relay for Life events is May 19th. The other 2 are June 9. I think I will go for the survivor stuff on the 19th. June 9th is my son's graduation party, so that date is out for me. This Saturday my local hospital is having a bc survivor's tea and reception. They are trying to start a mentoring program so I can't wait to find out info on that.